users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Addon: Whereisdi - Domain Invasion Tracker
Addon: Whereisdi - Domain Invasion Tracker
 Asura.Whereisdi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kosumi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2022-05-21 12:13:22  
Here's something I've been working on for a while. The Whereisdi addon is a Windower addon that crowdsources the Domain Invasion location from other users.

Usage: //di

This should work on any server, but is dependent on receiving data from other users. If not data is available it will let you know. I'm currently seeding data on Asura, Bahamut and Odin.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this or run into any issues running the addon.

Thanks!

Edit 3/28/24: I just wanted to let that I found a bug in 1.1 that that prevented new users from uploading DI location data. I've fixed this in 1.2: https://github.com/aphung/whereisdi/releases/latest/

Thanks!

Download here: https://github.com/aphung/whereisdi
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2022-05-21 14:58:09  
Not sure if it’s possible/feasible but can the last Mireu death/despawn be tracked alongside the current DI location?
By Andromida 2022-05-21 17:13:02  
I can't help but notice that the addon is sending the charater's name and server back to the API. Do you really need to know that in a non hashed format?
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-05-21 17:36:10  
Thanks for running this service!

Andromida said: »
I can't help but notice that the addon is sending the charater's name and server back to the API. Do you really need to know that in a non hashed format?
The server is necessary to scrape the data needed to actually update the information. I can think of a couple of reasons to send the character name.

There's an option to be a jerk and opt out of transferring data yourself, but if everyone on your server does that then the service is essentially worthless.
By Meeeeeep 2022-05-21 17:52:17  
You continue to be the hero that Asura needs but doesn't deserve.
[+]
 Asura.Whereisdi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2022-05-21 17:59:28  
Andromida said: »

Because it is a public api I needed a way to protect against bad data. And while tracking player names helped me during development, I no longer need it. I have updated the addon to hash player names on the client side to anonymize player data.

I have also added the ability to get the Mireu death times (if available)

//di mireu

https://github.com/aphung/whereisdi/releases/tag/v1.0.2
[+]
By Andromida 2022-05-21 18:23:15  
Asura.Whereisdi said: »
Because it is a public api I needed a way to protect against bad data. And while tracking player names helped me during development, I no longer need it. I have updated the addon to hash player names on the client side to anonymize player data.

I see you are now using a hash for the player's name, thank you :)
By RadialArcana 2022-05-21 18:26:25  
Are you going to ask the windower team to add it to the launcher?
By zigzagzig 2022-05-21 20:47:03  
Thank you for your work , and the will to share.
 Asura.Whereisdi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2022-05-22 22:13:24  
RadialArcana said: »
Are you going to ask the windower team to add it to the launcher?

I'm not against having it added to the launcher. However, I want to see if people actually use this first and if there's a demand for an addon like this.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-05-23 07:12:41  
If an addon creator quits and no longer maintains an addon, the Windower community usually takes responsibility for it going forward.

The risk with this type of addon is, if it was to fall into that state, there is also the need for the server side to be paid for and maintained.
By DaneBlood 2022-05-23 10:51:27  
Odin.Lusiphur said: »
I can think of a couple of reasons to send the character name.

Yet provides none?

I see no reasons for a service like this needs the name of character in a non-hashed form as there is no need to identify the character externally. only internal identification (like bad/malicious data) which hashed works fine for.

Asura.Whereisdi said: »
I have updated the addon to hash player names on the client side to anonymize player data.

Thank you.
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-05-23 21:53:48  
This helped me not miss a Mireu this morning. Thank you!
VIP
By Lili 2022-06-04 16:08:49  
Thanks for the addon, it's glorious.

I have a feature request: give it an option to block Unity messages. You can filter these out with the ingame function, but that breaks the addon. You should be able to prevent the messages from reaching the chatlog after reading them trough the addon. This would encourage people* to stay in Unity and seed info even if it's annoying to do so.

* people = me
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [415 days between previous and next post]
By Tathamet 2023-07-24 19:33:01  
whereisdi.com appears to be down :( hope it's not gone forever.

The addon still works well enough to track current domain invasions, but Mireu tracking doesn't appear to work unless the website is functional.
 Asura.Whereisdi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2023-07-25 09:26:02  
Service is still working. However, I don't see any logs of recent Mireus for most servers. I'll investigate.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [247 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Whereisdi
By Asura.Whereisdi 2024-03-28 16:01:32  
I found a pretty big bug in version 1.1 that prevented new users from sending DI location data. That has been fixed in 1.2.

https://github.com/aphung/whereisdi/releases/latest/

Thanks.
[+]