Friendly AMAN Reminder

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Friendly AMAN reminder
Friendly AMAN reminder
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 04:22:57  
There is new campaign starting tomorrow that doubles 5M gil reward that you might get in AMAN, so you probably don't want to use your orbs before then.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 05:21:13  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
also you can't get this reward if in party

Thats not true. I got it many times while in party and other people reported that too.
By Aoibhe 2022-05-10 06:30:20  
Can definitely get it in party, I only run in a group for drop selling purposes and have gotten the 5 mil a few times.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-10 08:23:53  
You can get it with multiple in arena, it's nothing to do with party or alliance size. There's some other weird restriction on it though that has yet to be figured out, maybe gated behind number of silver voucher sales on server or something like that which would be all-but-impossible to confirm.
 Bahamut.Butmunch
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-05-10 08:32:09  
from what i can see you just need party leader
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-10 12:34:16  
No, i've gotten 5m reward from selling my orb and I was not leader, don't think that's it.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-10 12:36:41  
The only constant I've seen is that the orb user must still be in the field (or just the zone maybe)

if the user warps out, the popper can never(?) get the gil prize

I've never seen it happen, anyway. Outside of that, it just is random.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-10 14:40:58  
Just now, I got the 5m on my main, who used orb and entered the burning circle as the only party member in zone.

My second character was in the party as the only other member, but was not even in the zone when main went in (she was chilling in Whitegate). After I got a loud thud I brought that character into the Balgas Dais zone for possible drops; only brought her into the "lobby" area and never actually went into the burning circle. Then popped chest with main, got 5m reward on main.

Got a Sangoma from the loud thud >.< So yeah, Reisenjima HELM drops are in there...
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-05-10 16:20:13  
SimonSes said: »
There is new campaign starting tomorrow that doubles 5M gil reward that you might get in AMAN, so you probably don't want to use your orbs before then.

wouldn't have mattered for me, as I went 4/5 with mimic and the last was crap. xD
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-10 16:25:40  
LOL I think that before today, I had only seen the 5m reward like two times - and one was the very first month AMAN trove launched.

So, went ahead and used several orbs right away after update, thinking the chance of me getting 10m reward would be super low anyway. And, of course, that's when I get the 5m. I'm not bothered at all, I have full confidence that had I waited for the campaign I would have just been ka-thwacked.
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2022-05-10 16:44:42  
Don't see any other recent dedicated AMAN threads, so I'll post here. Here's a screenshot showing a Venus Orb I just completed where I opened 9 coffers + terminal:

When I opened the 8th coffer, one of the two remaining coffers turned gold. I'm assuming if it's a Loud Thud, it turns rainbow, and if not, it just turns gold to spare you the 50/50. This would suggest that all of the drops are pre-determined, and perhaps you will start with a rainbow chest if you are especially lucky. (Also noting that I did not get a Loud Thud at all, there goes the "Venus guarantees a Loud Thud" superstition.)

Also, ever since the AMAN update, the only Loud Thuds I've received (all on Mars Orbs) have been nothing but NQ vexed items worth like 30k. I find that rather insulting.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-05-10 19:09:06  
So can someone summarize the AMAN changes? The wiki page hasn’t been updated with the new items, chest changing, the rainbow chest, etc etc
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-05-10 19:51:19  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
So can someone summarize the AMAN changes? The wiki page hasn’t been updated with the new items, chest changing, the rainbow chest, etc etc

~Rainbow chest can spawn upon entry (LT)

~After opening 3 chests, a chance of hearing a belligerent bang is possible. This means that there is a LT among the remaining ones.

~When only 2 chests remain, one will respawn as either gold (thud) or rainbow (LT).

~The middle chest is either noise/thud/LT now.

Some people (person) was arguing that the spoils from a BB LT trumped everything and anything, but I debunked that. You can still get ultra rare items without a BB.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2022-05-10 20:28:11  
So if a rainbow chest spawns, does opening it guarantee an LT?

Oh, and thank you, BTW
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-10 20:28:32  
Yes