users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2022 Version Update
May 2022 Version Update
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-05-10 06:53:58  
It was covered, relatively low chance of rainbow spawning on entrance.
[+]
 Asura.Bynebill
サーバ: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-05-10 06:54:34  
Have always been able to RNG load a rainbow chest at entrance.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-10 06:59:28  
Aerix said: »
Well, the new Ambu mechanic is kinda annoying, but I guess it was too easy previously.

I can't remember, but was ES or Troubadour necessary to (re)sleep them? The previous sleepga + zerg strat might become quite risky.

Red Mage still obliterates them even if sleep wears off. Just cycle through gravity 2, bind, etc (or use manifestation bind) and keep your distance, pulling one at a time. Then sleep the following monster after every one dies to control them. They are pretty resistant to sleep to begin with due to the trait, but you don’t actually need to bother trying to resleep every one of them. I’d imagine that could be overwhelming if multiple woke up at the same time. I’d make good use of Addle 2 as well.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-05-10 07:52:06  
Quote:
If you have already completed the quest Trust, you will automatically receive the alter ego upon logging in for the first time after the May 10, 2022, Version Update. No notice will be displayed in the log window.

If you have not completed the quest Trust, ou will automatically receive the alter ego upon completing the quest Trust and logging out or changing areas. No notice will be displayed in the log window.

When I read that I just pictured that typo reading "If you have not completed the quest Trust, ou will automatically receive the alter ego instead" and suddenly all kinds of funny mental images popped up where the catuares in reisenjima henge hold cornelia hostage from us. Yeah.... it's morning. I should go find some breakfast.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-05-10 09:49:40  
Shiva.Malthar said: »
New Items: "Map to the woman's home."

No, that's not creepy at all!

{Are you alone?}
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-10 10:06:59  
I wasn’t actively playing last time Cornelia was available. Does she enable any interesting Trust combos or gimmicks?
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-05-10 10:20:25  
Just the best trust in the game that can't die, doesn't aoe, doesn't use wrong buffs, can't interrupt your skillchains, and by virtue of not dying, doesn't take any MP from your trusts that like to dump strong cures when they took a light breeze worth of damage.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-05-10 10:25:27  
Ragnarok.Casey said: »
Just the best trust in the game that can't die, doesn't aoe, doesn't use wrong buffs, can't interrupt your skillchains, and by virtue of not dying, doesn't take any MP from your trusts that like to dump strong cures when they took a light breeze worth of damage.

Great job not answering the question.

She is an untargetable trust that gives Haste+20% acc+30 racc+30 and macc+30
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-05-10 10:52:37  
Technically, you didn't answer it either, Stepth also asked about Trust combos xD

To both of your points though, she is the best trust because she assists in capping magical haste on most/all jobs using her + a RDM (Koru/KOH etc), as well as being invincible. You'll never be in a situation where you'll have below 20% magical haste at the very least (other trusts may die). Having one less body to heal means Ygnas/Monberaux can focus more on you. You might also be willing to drop a UC healer for Sylvie, for the offensive bonuses as well. You never need to use Ulmia/Joachim for Marches at all. Not even for ballads (the trusts are worthless in the grand scheme; they replace Marches with Paeons after your first -50 HP damage anyways). Good riddance.

Cornelia opens up a lot of flexibility and improves solo ability a whole lot, she's really a permanent trust for the entire duration of her availability. We've all been waiting for her return. The only issue with Cornelia is that Ninja (and PLD/RUN) can't use Sylvie (effectively) alongside her, since Sylvie self-caps magical haste alone, so her Indi Haste might clash with Cornelia's Haste aura. Even if it doesn't, her Haste 1 spell she casts on you goes to waste, and you would want a RDM trust for Dia 3 anyways, and they already cast Haste2/1. But that's a minor use case.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Casey
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-05-10 11:00:04  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Ragnarok.Casey said: »

Great job not answering the question.

She is an untargetable trust that gives Haste+20% acc+30 racc+30 and macc+30
being the best trust in the game is the gimmick
 Lakshmi.Stepth
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-10 11:37:24  
Appreciate the responses. Very useful Trust!
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-10 12:15:08  
Also don't forget that she also buffs your other trusts, which means they recast spells faster and land enfeebles better.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-05-10 12:16:34  
If you use her and Zeid 2, he'll never forget who he is, 20% faster!
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-05-10 16:20:28  
Another useful combination... if you're ever playing with a real player BRD, Cornelia + just a SV or Marcato Honor March (+4 songs) will cap for the whole party with no other haste spells/buffs. Frees up more BRD songs, doesn't need other support/haste spells, etc.

If playing with a non-Aeonic BRD, same goes for Victory March + Cornelia.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-05-10 16:25:53  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
If you use her and Zeid 2, he'll never forget who he is, 20% faster!

can always count on a giggle from you, richy xD
By SimonSes 2022-05-10 16:51:52  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Another useful combination... if you're ever playing with a real player BRD, Cornelia + just a SV or Marcato Honor March (+4 songs) will cap for the whole party with no other haste spells/buffs. Frees up more BRD songs, doesn't need other support/haste spells, etc.

If playing with a non-Aeonic BRD, same goes for Victory March + Cornelia.

I wonder if I will find a room for Cornelia when trioboxing (and only using cor and brd for buffs). Normally I use KoH+Monb+Sylvie then. I don't think any of those trust is worth changing to Cornelia. I guess for me she is gonna be the biggest change for solo Omen on THF. Can drop both Bards and use Arciela II instead for fast Haste II and cap haste with Cornelia.
 Siren.Bruno
サーバ: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-05-11 18:35:13  
not sure if anyone confirmed this or not, but just as with the armored Shadowreign chocobo, you cannot dig with the Noble Chocobo mount.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-05-11 21:19:09  
The icon for Sibyl Scarf was changed. Can someone be kind enough to fix that? It's a nice shade of blue now and it matters.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flowen
サーバ: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2022-05-12 00:04:28  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
They changed the elite royal collar icon also, if anyone didn’t see that as well.

I did and was dissapointed - looks anything but elite!
[+]