Best Solo Job For Most Content With Trusts?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Best solo Job for most content with trusts?
Best solo Job for most content with trusts?
First Page 2 3
By whereistooki 2022-05-09 05:28:49  
which do u recommend for solo BST- PUP- PLD- BLU?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2022-05-09 05:57:05  
RDM
[+]
By Weeew 2022-05-09 06:23:21  
whereistooki said: »
which do u recommend for solo BST- PUP- PLD- BLU?

It would help if we had a better idea of what content you would like to solo. Missions and storylines? Old content like sinister reign vagary early escha zitah and ruaun? Or more of the soloable end game like ambuscade, omen, etc.
 Bahamut.Galakar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2022-05-09 06:28:33  
From the jobs that you mentioned, the best chances to solo things in the endgame would give you PUP and BLU, but for both jobs, you will need really great gear. I know that some of the BSTs can make magic with killing some amazing NMs, but not sure how good you need to be to do so.
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 06:38:13  
BLU for majority. Sudden Lunge just shut downs almost everything.
RDM for some specific ones.
PUP only for some Overdrive action on few things.
BST not really.
PLD probably isn't that bad for getting stuff done, but time efficiency will be lower.
DRK for "safe" zergs when you can finish the fight during SP2 (requires gg gear)
DNC for solo selfSC zergs (DNC has huge potential in reducing def and reaching high pdif even with just Trusts)
SCH If you don't mind applying helix and wait :P
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 06:42:11  
Bahamut.Galakar said: »
From the jobs that you mentioned, the best chances to solo things in the endgame would give you PUP and BLU, but for both jobs, you will need really great gear. I know that some of the BSTs can make magic with killing some amazing NMs, but not sure how good you need to be to do so.

Idk I feel like BLU entry point is rather low. Naegling/Maxentius, Malignance (at least few pieces, but ideally 5), Nyame R5-20 (or af+3 body, af+3 legs, Jhakri gloves). Hunting spells probably takes a while.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-09 06:58:37  
SimonSes said: »
Hunting spells probably takes a while.
If you want them all because you have a sort of "gotta catch em all" attitude then... yeah, omg yeah.
But if you want just the main spells it's not really a big deal, can be done in a couple of days.
A bunch of spells might require some help but that's it.
By Afania 2022-05-09 07:03:01  
Nobody said COR???? Blasphemy.

DNC for solo selfSC zergs (DNC has huge potential in reducing def and reaching high pdif even with just Trusts)

There is one job that can solo self SC zerg without the need to lower def. Love from pirates. <333333333333
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 07:05:23  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Hunting spells probably takes a while.
If you want them all because you have a sort of "gotta catch em all" attitude then... yeah, omg yeah.
But if you want just the main spells it's not really a big deal, can be done in a couple of days.
A bunch of spells might require some help but that's it.

Couple of days is longer than getting a mythic (beside Alex) or Empy to 90 or probably most of Malignance set ;)
By Afania 2022-05-09 07:16:51  
Bahamut.Galakar said: »
I know that some of the BSTs can make magic with killing some amazing NMs, but not sure how good you need to be to do so.

Bst probably has the lowest solo gear requirement than all, if not most jobs. Get empy hands, pop your SP, spam Dawn Mulsum. Then watch your character magically kill things that can't be done on other jobs in same level of gear >.>
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 07:44:59  
Yeah spam medicine for 20k gils each :) That wouldn't be very efficient lol

Also I kinda disagree. BST pets are squishy without good pet DT gear and even with that gear they are easily debuffed. You need to also stand 5 yalms away from your pet for Ready, which means any stronger AoE would blow you away without good idle DT set and keeping good idle DT for master and pet dt/damage at the same time is hard anyway.

PUP would be much better here if you base your strategy on SP. You only need Taeon set with mediocre augments for good Overdrive Bruiser setup. You can stand far away. Automaton is almost unkillable and resist most debuffs for 3m20sec and has much better damage output too (Maybe Unleash with Hippo is better damage, but it's 3+ times shorter). It's not even close imo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-05-09 07:50:00  
Cornelia is going to be back on the board soon. That means unkillable 20% haste, some accuracy. If you're trying to start up right now, you have a 6 month window with an above average trust that you should plan around.

BLU is the easy choice to recommend, but it takes a mountain of gear and knowledge. Current end game lets BLU work in a party setup to some extent because of Cruel Joke and TP denial strats. Empy +2/3 is around the corner which seems like a good thing for BLU, but it's not a sure bet. BLU is very flexible and capable.

If you can magic up a set of Sakpata's armor as a starting point, then PLD would be the easy choice. Otherwise it's like BLU but slower and probably more expensive or difficult to acquire gear to get you up and running. PLD/DRK and wacking things with a Greatsword is actually usable but if you go sword and shield, things are still going to be slow compared to your other options.

BST and PUP both have strong niche cases for solo with trusts. There are very few buffers that will affect your pets, the best you're going to get is debuffing and trusts are not good at that. BST main DPS is decent when you use your pets buffs or debuffs well and you can snarl your pet when you pull hate. PUP is good in an overdrive scenario and has a lot more flexibility but suffers from a lack of common community knowledge for how to properly use the job. You're going to have to do your own homework if you can't find your answers in guides, but at least the current PUP guides are actually good.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-09 07:53:35  
Would put NIN on that list too. You can easily cap attack delay on NIN solo with just Cornelia as your source of haste (add another trust that casts haste and you're zooming with less DW%) and it is extremely durable with as little as 100 Job Points. Can get a good amount of Subtle Blow on it for no investment at all and it has access to strong Hybrids, Naegling, and Tauret for segment parties. Can even do Aeolian Edge for CN groups or other AoE farm activities.

DNC is a really good option too. Steps and Haste Samba are great, versatile tools for boosting your damage and they have some of if not the best solo skillchain opportunities in the game with Climatic Flourish and Rudra's Storm to cap off almost guaranteed 99k SCs. Also pretty easy to cap attack delay on and gets access to pretty strong heals, status removal, free sneak+invis, and even a movement speed buff.

Other Haste trusts I recommend:

-Arciela. The OG, not II. She'll cast Protect 5, Shell 5, Refresh 2 and Haste 2 on you as well as keep the enemy debuffed with Slow 2, Addle, and Paralyze 2 and will always almost immediately cast Dispel when the enemy puts up a buff, she has a pretty nice party wide Attack, Defense, Magic Attack, Magic Defense buff that she will use quite frequently, and in emergencies when a few members of your party are in yellow health or less, she has a potent AoE heal that isn't reliant on her being able to cast spells. She will sometimes cause unecessary links by using her AoE Amnesia ability though in my experience that's kind of rare. Only other downside is she can't cast Dia, and less than that she can't cast Phalanx II either, otherwise she'd be kind of perfect imo.

-King of Hearts. Casts Haste 2, Refresh 2, and Phalanx 2 on you. Will always open the fight by casting Dia III on the enemy. Will also remove debuffs from you and the rest of the party including Erase and can spot heal when someone gets dangerously low on HP. His downside is that he will often spend all his MP casting Firaga to magic burst and he doesn't have on demand access to Dispel compared to the other RDMs since his only source of it is a TP move. He also loves to interrupt skillchains.

-Koru Moru. Casts Haste 2 and Refresh 2 on the whole party and Phalanx 2 on whoever has hate. He will debuff the enemy with Dia III and Slow 2 and will sometimes put on Distract 2 as long as his extremely busy casting queue isn't full and the enemy has high enough evasion to trigger it. He can also Dispel the enemy. He will also spot heal, and when his MP gets low he will Convert (regardless of whether or not it's safe for him to do so). His downsides would be the aforementioned long spellcasting queue, meaning he won't always do what you need him to do when you need him to do it, and his propensity to kill himself with Convert.

-Sylvie (UN). This'd be more just for BLU or other melee DDs that aren't NIN PLD RUN since she'll use Indi-Haste for those which wouldn't be as useful as the Fury and Frailty she'll use for DD jobs. She can cast Haste 1 and she will help support by casting Cure IV at a pretty decently high health threshold as well as cast -na spells and Erase. She can keep her MP pretty well off via Nott for which she has a potent regain effect, so no need to worry about her having to hit the enemy (which she won't do anyway, thus she doesn't feed any TP).

I think my favorites are Sylvie and Arciela. Sylvie is a more easy to make decision than ever since trusts like Valaneiral can easily handle AoE party healing without the need of spending your Unity trust choice on a WHM like Apururu or Yoran Oran.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-05-09 07:59:25  
Going to throw the hat in for BLU as well, the spell hunting is a chore but there's not really another job out there that can do as well both solo and in small groups, and is on a majority of gear that will likely be useful on other jobs.

Past that PUP is a very strong solo pet job, with the biggest investment being in the attachment side, on the gear side if you are simply focused on the puppet its pretty lax, as stated taeon with DT/DA/acc can carry you as a hybrid set, and OD is 3~ minutes of god mode for most things while being incredibly sturdy otherwise, biggest problem comes from heavy alternating element magic and enfeebles

Another option is RDM, but id consider it well behind the other 2, at least initially, once youve built up the gear/jp its a very strong all-rounder, stronger than blu id say really, but takes far more investment to get to that level
By Afania 2022-05-09 08:32:42  
Yeah spam medicine for 20k gils each :) That wouldn't be very efficient lol

Also I kinda disagree. BST pets are squishy without good pet DT gear and even with that gear they are easily debuffed. You need to also stand 5 yalms away from your pet for Ready, which means any stronger AoE would blow you away without good idle DT set and keeping good idle DT for master and pet dt/damage at the same time is hard anyway.

PUP would be much better here if you base your strategy on SP. You only need Taeon set with mediocre augments for good Overdrive Bruiser setup. You can stand far away. Automaton is almost unkillable and resist most debuffs for 3m20sec and has much better damage output too (Maybe Unleash with Hippo is better damage, but it's 3+ times shorter). It's not even close imo.

I personally had easier time solo on BST using entrance level gear than PUP in same level of gears. PUP just takes longer to get ready compare with BST.

Also skilling up automatons takes a lot of time. V.S bst I can literally ding 99 on a brand new char, get the empy hand, Dawn Mulsum away. I didn't bother with idle DT nor pet DT gears, worst case I run away then run back between TP moves. Dawn mulsum kinda solved a lot of low pet DT problem, and SP solved a lot of low pet dps gear problem. Nm just dies with bst SP and tons of dawn muslims /shrug.

Bst was the braindead bandwagon job in 2015 for a very good reason. The floor is reallllly high. Maybe at higher level PUP beats BST as solo job, but that does't always apply to people getting their first 99s who may not even have taeon.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 08:49:54  
When sparks gils were a thing you could afford tons of mulsum, but it's not the case anymore.

Against what exactly you was using that BST? Maybe you are just talking about some really easy stuff. Try Lilith or Caith on lets say Easy, which PUP destroys without problem.

BST absolute minimum might be lower than PUP, but what you can do with minimum on BST and minimum on PUP are 2 different things.
 Bismarck.Zubuis
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2022-05-09 10:10:33  
If you have access to sakpata, its DRK for me. Sakpata pretty much makes you a tank for the majority of content. Caladbolg means you do a ton of dmg. Apocalypse makes you even harder to kill. And drain 3 gives a significant hp boost (which works on most things minus undead) which you can full time, which makes it even harder to die. Very easy to stay alive with trust heals (mainly Monbereaux and/or Ygnas).
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-05-09 10:17:43  
This is the guy who wanted 1 set for BLU, won't use windower and didn't want to change gear.

I'd suggest PUP because he isn't soloing much content beyond the story either way. He'll likely be back asking how to kill Cloud of Darkness.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 10:23:52  
Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
If you have access to sakpata, its DRK for me. Sakpata pretty much makes you a tank for the majority of content. Caladbolg means you do a ton of dmg. Apocalypse makes you even harder to kill. And drain 3 gives a significant hp boost (which works on most things minus undead) which you can full time, which makes it even harder to die. Very easy to stay alive with trust heals (mainly Monbereaux and/or Ygnas).

DRK can keep himself alive really well with Apoc, but BLU can keep alive himself and all trusts. That being said, BLU needs sets and like Spookyfish pointed out, OP is a guy who wants to play with max 2 sets, so yeah :D
By Gruknor 2022-05-09 11:40:19  
Bismarck.Zubuis said: »

DRK can keep himself alive really well with Apoc, but BLU can keep alive himself and all trusts. That being said, BLU needs sets and like Spookyfish pointed out, OP is a guy who wants to play with max 2 sets, so yeah :D

Blu needs a lot of gear to get to a moderately powerful solo level. Drk needs some gear too, Sakpata, Nyame, drain 3 set, hybrid dps sets for caladbolg and apocalypse(the weapon skill you get from this weapon is well worth it), plus other stuff.
By Nariont 2022-05-09 12:02:19  
not particularly these days, replace sakpata with malignance, drain 3 with a nuke set, which you could lazily make nyame honestly, rest are standard faire ws sets, beyond that only "unique" thing is a cure set which again, not that difficult
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-09 12:20:37  
People solo'd ***before odyssey gear, shouldn't really be the defining factor in a recommendation
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-09 12:51:04  
I mean, the fastest way to become solo capable is to buy a Kalunga win and get 5/5 R0 Sakpata. That by itself makes you nigh invincible to the majority of the game with trusts.

Just because we used to solo before it came out doesn't mean it coming out didn't change the situation significantly.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-05-09 12:58:42  
Or you could just skip spending millions of Gil on mercs and do it without sakpata that's an option
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-05-09 13:02:57  
You could, but that's taking a harder and longer path to becoming solo sufficient. It makes an incredible difference.
By Gruknor 2022-05-09 13:30:37  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
People solo'd ***before odyssey gear, shouldn't really be the defining factor in a recommendation

Non augmented sakpata is a decent TP hybrid set for drk and war, not sure about pld.
By Nariont 2022-05-09 13:34:27  
the malig/sakpata tier of hybrid gear is a massive gap compared to what's previously available, suppose gleti's up there too though its not as high on the meva scale and is only pdt but that's the more important stat to cap anyway and its meva is still plenty higher than the alternatives readily available. But any of these sets trivialize some of the older stuff to solo as its not built with those meva levels in mind, much less the added -dt so it makes gathering everything else much less of a chore.

Gruknor said: »
Non augmented sakpata is a decent TP hybrid set for drk and war, not sure about pld.

It's just as good for pld really, probably more so since pld doesnt have too many DPS sets to begin with that aren't aug'd escha gear
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-05-09 13:37:27  

It's gold for everyone on it. I can still feel the jealous eyes of DRG's as I walk by them in my superior purple armor.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-09 14:50:54  
Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »

It's gold for everyone on it. I can still feel the jealous eyes of DRG's as I walk by them in my superior purple armor.

Just wait until Empy+3 and we will see who has the superior purple armor :D
[+]
By Gruknor 2022-05-09 15:47:58  
Bahamut.Spookyfish said: »

Just wait until Empy+3 and we will see who has the superior purple armor :D

I hope drk empy+2/+3 armor is worth getting. I have all reforged empyrean armor+1 for drk.
First Page 2 3