言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dats found in NA client but not EU client
Dats found in NA client but not EU client
By Shuko 2022-05-02 03:32:39  
*Edit, this was found to be old... boo ; ;

Ya'll know that train zone the GM walked thru in a video with unused dats from years ago?

well guess what? they added like 40 dats after it, in Rom0 folder 0 NA client has dats before dangruf wadi (52.dat) there are MANY new zone data there, dare I say an expansions worth, they added the town behind the train area, an observatory and MUCH more. I have pics on my linkshell's discord, but honestly I'd suggest just using a model viewer like noesis and loading them yourself! its AMAZING

I really hope this is the 20th surprise

so recap, pol folder, ffxi, rom, 0, dats 28 is the zone the GM walked thru, all the way up to 51 is new data, even if some is copies (hinting at new dynamis?) then it goes back to normal dangruf wadi

Thoughts? I'm stoked
Edit:
one example pic: https://ibb.co/7Nkv1B8
Shoutout to Kruel of Siren as I was talking to him today about this, and he was like, I don't have those dats on my client, and the hunt began
By Draylo 2022-05-02 03:52:45  
Expansion confirmed... here we go
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2022-05-02 03:54:31  
isn't that just the old/unused design of Selbina/Sel Phiner?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/h7p9rg/sel_phiner_and_other_unused_areas/
By Shuko 2022-05-02 03:57:56  
it would seen that your right... that doesn't explain why its not on the EU client though?
 Siren.Kruel
サーバ: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2022-05-02 04:00:23  
Most likely means the EU dat layout is different then.
By Shuko 2022-05-02 04:01:46  
womp, I was so excited too
By GetHelpNerd 2022-05-02 07:42:00  
these have been around for at least 8+ years and have been discussed here, on reddit, on various discords, even on BG many many times.

please just stop with your unreasonable expectations and wait at least a week for this shitty stream from SE. these stupid *** "hype" threads do nothing except raise peoples expectations for what will inevitably be a monumental letdown the likes of which we've just started to have unveiled when most of you realized we're just getting an ambuscade rotation to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the game.

stop.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-05-02 07:58:40  
ambuscade rotation AND an ingame commemorative 20th tshirt.
 Asura.Iamaman
サーバ: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-02 09:49:27  
IGDC said: »
ambuscade rotation AND an ingame commemorative 20th tshirt.

and new VR missions!

MaAt fOuNd HiMsElF iN a PiCkLe!
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2022-05-02 11:18:19  
Shuko said: »
Ya'll know that train zone the GM walked thru in a video with unused dats from years ago?

well guess what? they added like 40 dats after it, in Rom0 folder 0 NA client has dats before dangruf wadi (52.dat) there are MANY new zone data there, dare I say an expansions worth, they added the town behind the train area, an observatory and MUCH more. I have pics on my linkshell's discord, but honestly I'd suggest just using a model viewer like noesis and loading them yourself! its AMAZING

I really hope this is the 20th surprise

so recap, pol folder, ffxi, rom, 0, dats 28 is the zone the GM walked thru, all the way up to 51 is new data, even if some is copies (hinting at new dynamis?) then it goes back to normal dangruf wadi

Thoughts? I'm stoked
Edit:
one example pic: https://ibb.co/7Nkv1B8
Shoutout to Kruel of Siren as I was talking to him today about this, and he was like, I don't have those dats on my client, and the hunt began
Even if they did (yeah right) add another expansion, it would be stupid because everyone would just cheat/bot/buy their way thru it. It wouldn't be on the same level as the previous ones where people still had morality when playing the game.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-05-02 17:08:53  
It would make a lot more sense to me they took 8-10 years slowly working on an expansion with limited resources and took steps little by little with their current finance model than to think in the last 3-4 years they got an infusion of capital to make it happen.

If anything, I think the long time frame supports more than objects to an expansion. They probably went back and forth, if its really an expansion, many times deciding to keep working or not based on player counts and xyz variables.

That being said, probably not gonna happen /sadcatface
By Mattelot 2022-05-04 05:46:37  
I personally have no issues with a company taking longer to release quality but for many people, hype fatigue occurs as well as hitting a plateau and having nothing to really do, so they unsub.
By RadialArcana 2022-05-04 05:56:52  
If you delete the install (and make sure you delete all the files), and re-install you might find these files are no longer there. They did a huge clean up years ago, it's the same as the maps with XIDB. If you do a clean install (and delete remnants) most expansion maps won't show up with it because they changed the locations of the files and the addon wasn't updated to reflect it.

They could do anything, they could use these old zones, make new ones, even alter zones that you don't know about that were never included in the install. However they are fully aware we can see this stuff so there is no way they would put it into the game for you to look at before they were ready for it to be seen.

Reisenjima for instance was added on patch day.