How To Kill RMT Bots In West Ronfaure.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How to kill RMT bots in West Ronfaure.
How to kill RMT bots in West Ronfaure.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-04-22 17:06:37  
As I’m deactivated from the game and stopped caring what happens to my characters, I’d like to reveal my method for killing RMT in West Ronfaure. After trying something similar in South Gustaberg for a week or so, honestly, it just wasn’t effective. So it made me think, is there anything I could use in West Ronfaure?

First, let me tell you that I only did this because I was extremely bored. After doing it a while, I questioned why I’m still playing, if I'm resorting to this for entertainment. If you actually have a life and responsibilities. I wouldn't waste time on this, but if you do and can do it consistently enough, it is an effective method and has proven to do more than what SquareEnix's STF will do.

We know SE could do something about them if they really wanted, but they make money from all the re-created accounts... so why bother? Who cares if some returning players see a bunch of bots speed hacking and running through mountains? It’s clearly not discouraging anyone from playing.

Anyway, I’ve said enough about the motivation, so let's go in to how. One day I thought... what if I can get a monster which is really high level compared to these level 10-11 bots? I tried Jaggedy-Eared Jack, and the Fungus Beetle, but neither were dangerous. And then I thought... what if I was on a certain San D’Oria mission? My main character already had all nation missions done, so I purposely worked through the San D’Oria storyline up to Rank 7-1 on a mule with no idea how the NM works (can anyone outside the fight target it???).

Here are the results, and to those who I showed this to in person, they found it absolutely hilarious. I couldn’t believe it when I found out how successful it was. Although revealing this could help the RMT to put in countermeasures, I just wanted to share this to show what’s possible. The RMT behind these accounts reacted in different ways. It still works, and I have never had a GM pop up and tell me off, mostly because an RMT isn’t about to call them and neither is anyone else.

I’ll also say that I always paid attention to who was in the zone. If someone actually needed to spawn this, then I would have stopped so they could continue with their missions. But this never happened, so I had the freedom to do it as long as I wanted.

Do you know what the beauty of this is? You can respawn as many times as you like. The only way it can’t be done is if you 1) Defeat Marauder, and 2) Click the target up on the ledge. So long as you never click that ledge to get the cutscene, you can pop it as many times as you like, when you like, so long as someone else hasn’t already done so. Even if the RMT somehow killed it by bringing a higher level character, you could just get back on the ledge and respawn. There is a Proto-Waypoint warp which takes you straight here, so it’s very easy to get back.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these few videos. It’s just a highlight of what I was doing in the last few months of my playtime. Don’t be like me! Actually play the game, because it’s never going to stop the RMT entirely. But you can mess with them if you're having a bad day. I have extra methods to halt their operation, but I’m not going in to that now, just because you can't give all the game away. I love Marauder Dvogzog, we became the best of friends and I will miss his carnage. Thanks.

PS: Yes, I know my timers/xiv bar and other addons are all over the place. This is just a mule which I'd use to get silver vouchers and sell stuff on. He is a level 99 PLD because my friend leveled him up. You should do this with a job which can take hits and heal itself.

YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-22 17:50:58  
I only really want to say I would hope no one states how to simply stop this from happening. cause it's really really easy. But a good enough portion aren't smart enough to do it.

Creative though, managing to find a usable mob.
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-22 17:58:15  
Technically can't be considered MPK because the bots "chose" to attack the NM.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-04-22 18:29:10  
probably best to go RDM/DRG for distract II and super jump so they whiff less and pull hate quicker?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-04-22 18:34:13  
Shichishito said: »
probably best to go RDM/DRG for distract II and super jump so they whiff less and pull hate quicker?

I was pretty new to this in the videos. You can just aggro the NM back after it kills a bot (don't use flash!), and this way you have minimal hate. You can do a lot more than I show here, but yeah, I'm sure people can figure out what I mean, lol.
By RadialArcana 2022-04-22 18:52:20  
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-22 19:44:36  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
As I’m deactivated from the game and stopped caring what happens to my characters,

y tho
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-04-22 19:49:25  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
glad you acknowledged the futility of spending your last days playing doing this. but if this was the only thing left to give you enjoyment, it's good that you found a bit of closure i guess.

Oh I had far more enjoyable and fulfilling things to do than this in my last few weeks, my LS had a bunch of fun events and I said my farewells.

RadialArcana said: »
As I’m deactivated from the game and stopped caring what happens to my characters,

y tho

I'll be back someday, but not anytime soon. Just not interested in playing the game in its current state, but all the power to those who are. It's just not for me, and I've been playing full-time since 2004 (except one short break in 2011), so I've got a ton of memories if I don't return for some reason.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-04-22 22:35:40  
Quitting is illegal
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2022-04-23 01:43:59  
That was a good video to wake up to!
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-04-23 06:33:52  
the only galka i'll approve to leave the mines.

glad you acknowledged the futility of spending your last days playing doing this.
how could something so satisfying ever be futile?

we've been farming REMA for months or even years, chipping away at them small increments at a time, sometimes just for the reputation(lol), respect(rofl), as a personal goal or lockstyle.

he's chipping away at RMTs, one bot at a time, every single one of them maybe just equating to a few cents of less income for that month.
let's face it, he took on the last challange left in FFXI, the final ultimate quest.

i hope you guys taking notes cause this is how you built a reptuation and earn real respect.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-04-23 08:36:50  
Shichishito said: »
the only galka i’ll approve to leave the mines.

glad you acknowledged the futility of spending your last days playing doing this.

how could something so satisfying ever be futile?

we’ve been farming REMA for months or even years, chipping away at them small increments at a time, sometimes just for the reputation(lol), respect(rofl), as a personal goal or lockstyle.

he’s chipping away at RMTs, one bot at a time, every single one of them maybe just equating to a few cents of less income for that month.

let’s face it, he took on the last challange left in FFXI, the final ultimate quest.

i hope you guys taking notes cause this is how you built a reptuation and earn real respect.

My feelings over many years is that buying gil has become so normal it has hurt the game, and SE has done a lot, but I don’t think it has done enough. If it really wanted, it could bring in more resources, but FFXI is such an old game and they don’t care as long as it makes money. Which is fair enough, they have other things to worry about, and I’m sure it’s corporate who limits the budget and makes it difficult on the developers.

This is me defending FFXI from an obvious threat. A bot army which sits there at the gate and mocks everyone through its bypassing of the sparks nerf. I’ve heard funny comments like.. "RMT are people too, they are just doing a job", but so do loan sharks, money launderers and people who hack bank accounts to commit fraud.

Yeah, they aren’t that bad, but they are still using what is supposed to be a fun experience and turning it in to a money-making scheme which upsets the economy and teaches players it’s fine to be lazy. Shortcut your way to the top today! Buy our gil from our bot army and then pay our other bots to get your EXP/CP/EP while you’re working/sleeping! It’s a win-win. Player and machine working in tandem.

I remember back in 2005; I saw my mentor out in the jungle and I wondered why. After finding him invisible stood in the middle of a RMT bot party, I asked him... what are you doing? And he told me he was learning. I was curious, and he explained that he was studying RMT, and I did not know what that was. He told me how they work and how they hurt the economy for actual players.

For as long as I remember, I have had a distaste for RMT and botting in general. I remember seeing a linkshell member botting in Zi’tah, and it surprised me. He was a friend, but I thought, well... I’m going to screw this up. I did not mean it to be malicious. It was like when you play a prank on your buddies. He didn’t want to know me after that, but I said well, everyone else is getting their gil legit. Stop breaking the game’s rules by using 3rd party tools to bot. The past few years, I have seen botting become the norm, because SE does very little. They have numbers to back up their activity, but they clearly don’t have the resources to discourage it.

Well, they do. They could change the game to make it tougher, but it means eating in to what they do, which is very little. The updates have been mediocre and its customer service is terrible. Just to give an example of this, they recently asked us to take screenshots on the forum of Cherry Blossom. I took one, and they vaguely said they would send out rewards “around April 15th”. Still haven't got mine, and I’ve left a few messages on the forum, but their mods can’t be bothered to check their own board. I help to run a site and moderate it, so I know how much work it takes to check up on things. I purposely left my main char subscribed to receive this reward, but now I don’t really care if I get it before it deactivates on the 27th.

Back on topic, last year I started messing with this bot in Sea Serpent Grotto. I went down there for a Maiden’s Virelai, because my LS was doing Aeonic and Cerberus has a shitty AH. I rock on down there on my THF and see this character running backwards and forwards, taking all the Sahagins, including the NM I need. Oh, hell no! When I figured out how to lure the bot away, I got it stuck around the corner so I could farm it. But after I got my scroll, I thought, well... can I kill this thing? And that’s where a lot of experimentation came in. I found it pretty satisfying to see how these bots work, and I was reminded of my old mentor all those years ago.

After killing this bot a few times, they finally got the message and moved on. I noticed they moved to Wajaom Woodlands, and I could have just left it, but I thought, hmm... what’s out there? I go out and find it pathing around in a big circle to kill Marids. They had changed the script on the bot and it was harder to get it killed, so I was a bit frustrated, but I left it and thought I’d come back in a few days. When I returned, I saw it being chased around by aggro, mostly the pephredo’s. I took all the marids so it could not engage and get healed by trusts, and watched it slowly die. They warped back and came back out, but I soon figured out how to screw it up.

The person behind this bot moved it on to Bhaflau Thickets to do the same thing. I followed, messed with it, and they quickly warped out and went to Beaucedine (S). This is when I started messing with other bots too, because you had someone dual boxing, with one being on the Ruszors in Xarcabard (S), and the other on Gargouille’s in the glacier. For a while I was messing with 3 bots and spending way too many hours experimenting. I eventually figured out that it was more effective to get the bots stuck, than it was to kill them, because the person behind it is more likely to notice if they have sound on.

After reporting them all to the STF several times, they continued to bot for weeks and weeks. Many months later, I noticed they disappeared. The STF might have finally got to them, but man, is it slow. I’ve seen movie sloths work at a quicker pace. By this time I had moved on to the band of Galkas running around Gustaberg like the Quadavs owed them money. Asura was closed, so they probably came from there. These bots were more difficult because of the speed and the fact they can position hack at will. I tried hoarding a lot of mobs and mixing it with Leaping Lizzy, and that seemed to work once, but it was a disappointing level of difficulty.

And then I had a revelation. What about Carnero?? I spawned that and dragged it down Vomp Hill. Now, a bot at near full HP can kill this, but there was also a chance for one or more of its buddies could help (by accident). Great timing was needed. These bots kneel at 50% to get their HP back. I surmised that, because I’d usually have too much hate, the best way was to get the bot to hit Carnero once and not allow it to get claim.

Then I’d zone out because the bot is on Carnero’s hate list. I re-zone, jump on a mount, wide scan, and track it down. Carnero would jump on the bot and by the time it notices it has lost HP. Even with Hundred Fists (which these bots can do) it’s unlikely to win. That was pretty cool, and I kept doing this until the RMT noticed what was going on. And in one of the funniest moments ever, one of them jumped on a leader Galka and began stalking me! He really wanted to take out Carnero, but I kept the claim.

Noticing this fat stalking Galka, I directed him through a hoard of Quadav. He panicked and frantically fought them off to save his life, survived, and then ran up on top of one of those rocks at the fumaroles, assuming he would be safe up there. I believe it was the first time this RMT had seen anything like this, and then I ramped up my efforts. At one point I screwed the alliance so hard that they ran and pos hacked all their characters out. They didn’t know what to do. I just stood there in Bastok Markets looking at them, thinking yeah, what’s your next move?

Something I noticed is that RMT are usually not the same person and likely have people working shifts. They don’t pass on information. If one guy figures out what you’re doing, the next batch of bots will have somebody new who has no clue what’s about to hit them. And yeah, I know all this is futile. How much damage am I really doing? Hardly any. But I was hoping my activity would get SE to notice and perhaps think, yeah, this guy is putting way too much effort in to this, maybe we should do something? I suggested they could kill bot armies by simply nerfing the crystal records of eminence or putting a time/level restriction on it. They won’t, because they like to show corporate the numbers and won’t do something which lessens their profit.

And to clarify, I did none of this to gain a reputation. I kept this to myself since last year, with a few exemptions of close friends who were intrigued to know what I was doing in Gustaberg/Ronfaure. I only disclosed this method because I’m no longer in the game, otherwise I would have kept it to myself. I would find it hilarious if other people tried this out for themselves. Get a mule, take it up to 7-1, and show the bot army that the players of Vana’Diel can fight back. Because while we can defeat the game’s biggest enemies, SE has never given us the chance to fight back against the most underhanded enemy FFXI has ever seen. Marauder is a beautiful weapon which I hope you will junction, but please, do so out of respect for other players.

It is with my deepest regret that I accidentally KO’d a legit returning player with Marauder. They were upset and confused. Please, please, please, do your best not to allow Marauder to accidentally MPK a returning player, because that’s not what he’s for. I explained what was going on and apologized profusely. I was happy and relieved to know they saw the funny side of it. Don’t give Marauder a bad name. He is on our side! Thanks.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-23 09:27:43  
I'll be back someday, but not anytime soon. Just not interested in playing the game in its current state, but all the power to those who are. It's just not for me, and I've been playing full-time since 2004 (except one short break in 2011), so I've got a ton of memories if I don't return for some reason.

*Fist bump, followed by a head nod*
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-23 09:27:59  
You can't get rid of something people want (people want to buy gil), you can only design the game to not require currency and if you do that you ruin the game for many people. I and many others like ingame currency. I like farming it, i like building a stash for something etc. I don't want them to dumb the game down to counter rmt, I would rather have rmt than them do that.

The reason they leave these bots alone is pretty simple.

If you apply evolutionary pressure on bots and rmt (ban the dumb/obvious ones), they will simply evolve to be better bots by necessity (buy or learn to use better bots) or to get gil in other ways such as hacking or congesting ambu/omen/ody.

Tackling RMT too harshly also creates shortages, which increases the price of gil (supply and demand). When gil increases in price, the more serious players come into the market from other games such as wow or whatever to make $, and when they come in they come to go scorch earth and don't care if they destroy the game or hack players in the process.

Leaving these dumb bots is the best worst option, which is again why even blizzard allow them to do it in bot trains.

The STF was built as a think tank to control rmt operations, not wipe them out. They keep gil prices low, they stop the bots/rmt going into proper content pretty well.

I'll tell you right now, this game would not survive a zero tolerance attack on rmt with spiraling gil prices. Vast numbers of high level players would have their accounts wiped out and stripped in days. They would be forced to do rollbacks, they would suffer DDOS attacks...it would be like WW3.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-23 09:39:45  
I think that all the intelligent people know this. The issue being that scales have tipped too far (again) and require correction (again).

Some bots are a necessary evil but literally half of Asura is bots.
 Odin.Lusiphur
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-23 09:51:09  
I don't believe the STFU is doing anything. I think the reported frozen gil and banned accounts are just being automatically flagged and suspended from doing blatant acts like POShacking.

Look at March's reported stats.

Quote:
3/1/2022 - 3/31/2022
1,823 Banned Accounts
Approx. 11.7 billion Frozen Gil

That doesn't amount to very much gil per account at all. 6million is nothing. These were not the RMTs you were looking for!

EDIT: The Japanese playerbase is convinced they're doing nothing as well. Matsui made some remarks 3-4 months ago about working on the problem and... well, there's nothing to show for it but a swiftly removed short-sighted adjustment that wasn't going to hinder anything.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-04-23 09:55:42  
RadialArcana said: »
You can't get rid of something people want (people want to buy gil), you can only design the game to not require currency and if you do that you ruin the game for many people. I and many others like ingame currency. I like farming it, i like building a stash for something etc. I don't want them to dumb the game down to counter rmt, I would rather have rmt than them do that.

The reason they leave these bots alone is pretty simple.

If you apply evolutionary pressure on bots and rmt (ban the dumb/obvious ones), they will simply evolve to be better bots by necessity (buy or learn to use better bots) or to get gil in other ways such as hacking or congesting ambu/omen/ody.

Tackling RMT too harshly also creates shortages, which increases the price of gil (supply and demand). When gil increases in price, the more serious players come into the market from other games such as wow or whatever to make $, and when they come in they come to go scorch earth and don't care if they destroy the game or hack players in the process.

Leaving these dumb bots is the best worst option, which is again why even blizzard allow them to do it in bot trains.

The STF was built as a think tank to control rmt operations, not wipe them out. They keep gil prices low, they stop the bots/rmt going into proper content pretty well.

I'll tell you right now, this game would not survive a zero tolerance attack on rmt with spiraling gil prices. Vast numbers of high level players would have their accounts wiped out and stripped in days. They would be forced to do rollbacks, they would suffer DDOS attacks...it would be like WW3.

Am aware of all this and never suggested a zero tolerance policy. There was a time a few years ago where SE balanced things out so the game was not RMT friendly. They were still around, but there were few because they moved on to other games which were more exploitable. They didn't go after FFXI with DDOS attacks, they just moved on as it was no longer attractive. The introduction of sparks changed all that, because RMT could print money again.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-23 10:04:59  
Odin.Lusiphur said: »
I don't believe the STFU is doing anything. I think the reported frozen gil and banned accounts are just being automatically flagged and suspended from doing blatant acts like POShacking.

Look at March's reported stats.

Quote:
3/1/2022 - 3/31/2022
1,823 Banned Accounts
Approx. 11.7 billion Frozen Gil

That doesn't amount to very much gil per account at all. 6million is nothing. These were not the RMTs you were looking for!

EDIT: The Japanese playerbase is convinced they're doing nothing as well. Matsui made some remarks 3-4 months ago about working on the problem and... well, there's nothing to show for it but a swiftly removed short-sighted adjustment that wasn't going to hinder anything.

This is exactly the case, they are autoflagging "excessive" POS hacking, and not a god damn thing else.

I was getting a ban every month for almost 2 years and I was using POS warping (what I would consider excessively) I stopped to test if that was the cause...
it's been 6 months, zero bans. I still clip through doors and pos warp "occasionally"

That isn't, and there is, no "proof" but it's prettttttttttty obvious that's what's going on.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-23 10:42:08  
shhh, don't tell anyone the secrets that I've been telling people for years

spoilers:
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-23 11:04:54  
Think what a lot of people miss is that they aren't banning every use of speed, pos, bot. They do still ban bots in addition to speed and pos users, but because they ban a small subset of flagged accounts it can take a while to get around to any given account. This isn't really a problem for RMT, because losing an account or two a month is cost of business. If you're on a valuable account with a strike, you're a moron to bot 24/7 or touch speed/pos even once.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-23 11:14:23  
Yeah definitely, don't cheat unless you're content with being banned is really the only true advice.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-06-06 02:25:54  
I got asked by a friend who still plays how this works and it got me thinking. Has anyone tried this since I posted? Are there any stories to share? Please feel free to let us know of the time you wasted fighting FFXI's oldest and most underhanded enemy. Has Marauder Dvogzog made any new friends on other servers?
By Musashi232 2022-06-06 09:24:42  
As I’m deactivated from the game and stopped caring what happens to my characters, I’d like to reveal my method for killing RMT in West Ronfaure. After trying something similar in South Gustaberg for a week or so, honestly, it just wasn’t effective. So it made me think, is there anything I could use in West Ronfaure?

First, let me tell you that I only did this because I was extremely bored. After doing it a while, I questioned why I’m still playing, if I'm resorting to this for entertainment. If you actually have a life and responsibilities. I wouldn't waste time on this, but if you do and can do it consistently enough, it is an effective method and has proven to do more than what SquareEnix's STF will do.

We know SE could do something about them if they really wanted, but they make money from all the re-created accounts... so why bother? Who cares if some returning players see a bunch of bots speed hacking and running through mountains? It’s clearly not discouraging anyone from playing.

Anyway, I’ve said enough about the motivation, so let's go in to how. One day I thought... what if I can get a monster which is really high level compared to these level 10-11 bots? I tried Jaggedy-Eared Jack, and the Fungus Beetle, but neither were dangerous. And then I thought... what if I was on a certain San D’Oria mission? My main character already had all nation missions done, so I purposely worked through the San D’Oria storyline up to Rank 7-1 on a mule with no idea how the NM works (can anyone outside the fight target it???).

Here are the results, and to those who I showed this to in person, they found it absolutely hilarious. I couldn’t believe it when I found out how successful it was. Although revealing this could help the RMT to put in countermeasures, I just wanted to share this to show what’s possible. The RMT behind these accounts reacted in different ways. It still works, and I have never had a GM pop up and tell me off, mostly because an RMT isn’t about to call them and neither is anyone else.

I’ll also say that I always paid attention to who was in the zone. If someone actually needed to spawn this, then I would have stopped so they could continue with their missions. But this never happened, so I had the freedom to do it as long as I wanted.

Do you know what the beauty of this is? You can respawn as many times as you like. The only way it can’t be done is if you 1) Defeat Marauder, and 2) Click the target up on the ledge. So long as you never click that ledge to get the cutscene, you can pop it as many times as you like, when you like, so long as someone else hasn’t already done so. Even if the RMT somehow killed it by bringing a higher level character, you could just get back on the ledge and respawn. There is a Proto-Waypoint warp which takes you straight here, so it’s very easy to get back.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these few videos. It’s just a highlight of what I was doing in the last few months of my playtime. Don’t be like me! Actually play the game, because it’s never going to stop the RMT entirely. But you can mess with them if you're having a bad day. I have extra methods to halt their operation, but I’m not going in to that now, just because you can't give all the game away. I love Marauder Dvogzog, we became the best of friends and I will miss his carnage. Thanks.

PS: Yes, I know my timers/xiv bar and other addons are all over the place. This is just a mule which I'd use to get silver vouchers and sell stuff on. He is a level 99 PLD because my friend leveled him up. You should do this with a job which can take hits and heal itself.

i remember doing that to a specific player who has a account here and posts frequently, i was told to stop he was doing it on zitah lol
[+]
By Onimaru 2022-06-06 14:18:06  
Let's make MPKing great again!!. Let's admit it, those were our best years. > : )!!!
[+]
By Drayco 2022-06-06 14:38:05  
Kylos, my DRK bro =P
I got some good chuckles out of this video. I used to mess with the fishing bots in Korrokola Tunnel back in the day with the Jammer Leaches.

Every time I try to come back to the game, I'm met with the same basically vacant server with nothing to do. Asura seems to be 90% bots. I hardly ever see anybody shouting for anything besides selling exp or gil. It makes me sad because I constantly get the itch to play, but every time I log into the game I can't find a single thing to do. So I end up doing Salvage out of habit, campaign out of boredom, and craft because I'm waiting for shouts that never happen.

I think the days of being able to jump on FFXI at a random time and actually doing something is long gone. My life doesn't really allow me to follow a set LS event schedule anymore.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-06 15:02:12  
I get the RMT feelings, but the truth is you can complete almost all content with 2~3 real players, especially considering most people multi box these days. The rest you can start a shout and fill in. I get that isn't for everyone, but the option is there and its not really that complicated. Majority of content can be grinded solo too. Sad times either way, but you can still have fun if you look for it.