New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Counting Program
Counting Program
 Shiva.Silentknight
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Silentknight 2022-04-12 21:10:21  
Does anyone know if any currently existing addons or tools are capable of counting kills?

I'm sure scoreboard has some kind of functionality like this going on, but I don't think it's something that's viewable.

Ideally just something that I can walk into a zone, enter a quick reset command of some sort, then run off and kill stuff.
By Draylo 2022-04-12 21:47:36  
Is it for the DRK unlock? I think I used something like that a long time ago
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-12 21:48:13  
/echo 1
/echo 2
/echo 3
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-13 09:49:25  
It's not especially convenient, but you can load logger when you enter the zone, copy the log to a program like Word when you want to cbeck your progress, then do a search for "defeats" (or whatever works for what you want) and see how many times it appears in the log. I used that for tracking Tonberry kills.
 Shiva.Silentknight
By Shiva.Silentknight 2022-04-14 23:39:42  
It's actually to do some personal testing to see if I can give some numbers to gil finder, so I need a count of how many gil dropping mobs I've killed, to try to average it out over a couple thousand kills, then do it again and again and again...
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-15 08:20:53  
Something that may of of interest to you is the JP wiki page on Gilfinder. It says that GF has a second tier at level at 85, and gives a value for GF (though it's unclear which tier that value applies to).
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-15 08:35:08  
If you're only killing mobs that drop gil, you could probably get a better result by using a text logger while you do it then run grep or something to filter out the 'obatined 50 gil' or w.e lines, regex to replace everything but numbers, replace line breaks with ,

then you have a csv of all the gil amounts with no custom tools and can easily get min/max/average, potential distributions, whatever you want in excel
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2022-04-15 15:27:13  
kparser
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2022-04-15 17:59:29  
Sylph.Feary said: »
kparser
KParser is a little bit clunky with needing to insert the appropriate memlock and turning off battlemod(?) so for the laymen it’s not the most practical…

*BUUUUUT*

KParser is indeed the most optimal choice for what you’re looking for. It counts and tallies almost EVERYTHING so it’s borderline perfect for you, the OP.

Just might need to do some tinkering first is all.

(Any possibility of getting KParser to work with Battlemod?, that would be AMAZING) ((Or if I’m simply doing it wrong, let me know?))
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-16 06:51:16  
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
(Any possibility of getting KParser to work with Battlemod?, that would be AMAZING) ((Or if I’m simply doing it wrong, let me know?))

kparser uses memory to read the actual contents of the chat log, so unless someone completely rewrote it's back end you will never be able to use it with filters or battlemod

it really isn't that great a tool, it was comprehensive at the time it was written but it's missing a ton of information we now have available via packets and doesn't have the capabilities to incorporate that without huge amounts of restructuring

an addon or plugin based parser is a better option, considering it doesn't rely on chat log and can populate data via packets.. but the current offerings aren't quite as comprehensive as kparser. i'm sure eventually one will pop up, though, since numerous people know how to write it