users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » //stna question
//stna question
 Asura.Fatchicken
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Neubian
By Asura.Fatchicken 2022-04-02 00:49:57  
Can STNA be used for multi-boxers? What I mean specifically is, can a WHM in my party (alt) check status ailment on the "main" character sending the STNA cmd and cure the ailment per the priority list?

If STNA can do this, how do I use it? Thank you very much.
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-04-02 06:06:11  
Maybe I don't understand what it is you need, but it sounds like you want to type //stna on your main and then have your alt react accordingly?

If so, I'm pretty sure this is what stna does already via the send command. If this isn't working for you, make sure you have the send addon enabled.
 Asura.Fatchicken
By Asura.Fatchicken 2022-04-02 06:55:31  
Thank you for replying.

Perhaps I am not using it correctly.

I have the following in my main's macro:

/console send <alt name> //stna <main name>

Doing this gives the message (on the alt) that "You are not afflicted with a status with a -na spell" even when main is silence afflicted.

Is there something in the lua file itself I need to change?
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2022-04-02 10:33:35  
Looking at the Lua, it looks like all you need in your macro is /console stna, as the addon itself instructs all alts via the send command already. I think your macro right now is instructing your alt to execute stna (via send), but that alt isn't afflicted by anything, hence the message.

Hope I'm making at least some sense!
 Asura.Fatchicken
By Asura.Fatchicken 2022-04-02 11:48:32  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Looking at the Lua, it looks like all you need in your macro is /console stna, as the addon itself instructs all alts via the send command already. I think your macro right now is instructing your alt to execute stna (via send), but that alt isn't afflicted by anything, hence the message.

Hope I'm making at least some sense!

Thank you very much!

I tested and it works (most of the time).

Sometimes, it gives me a message that I am not afflicted (even when the main character is definitely silenced), so not sure why. I tested it at The Mute in Beadeaux so perhaps it is something to do with getting silenced by the device rather than a mob...

I will try it out some more in real battle situations.

Again, I appreciate your help!
[+]