V20 Bumba Merc Team?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » V20 Bumba Merc Team?
V20 Bumba Merc Team?
 Asura.Otomis
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Otomis 2022-03-03 21:52:41  
Looking for a V20 Bumba clear team. I lack the play time to sit and watch for shouts nor was I able to catch the V20 jump off.

My static is still plucking away at V15 Ongo and Mboze.

So I am a bit stuck.

Have many well geared jobs including REMA Brd with DPS Savage set. Send message please, either in game or ffxiah.

Thank you.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-03 22:13:23  
I saw a dipshit trying to buy a v20 clear for 150m yesterday or the day before.
By Lederic 2022-03-03 22:18:52  
Why is he a dipshit?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-03-03 22:26:04  
Lederic said: »
Why is he a dipshit?
Cause they offering so little....
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2022-03-03 22:30:30  
Question:
Lederic said: »
Why is he a dipshit?

Answer:
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Trying to buy a v20 clear for 150m.
[+]
By Shichishito 2022-03-04 01:10:49  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I saw a dipshit trying to buy a v20 clear for 150m yesterday or the day before.
what a cheapskate.

but let's be real, it's a shout and even if someone posted a video "proof" of someone trading 150 mil and receiving a clear doesn't mean the two aren't buddys and reverse the transaction once the fotage was taken.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2022-03-04 01:54:04  
Yeah the lump sum is a lot but if that’s what people are willing to pay then yeah…what is absolutely foolish is agreeing to pay groups a lesser amount if they lose
By Shichishito 2022-03-04 02:18:20  
what i'm trying to say is shouts alone shouldn't have a lot of weight in determining the value of a item or service. there is no way to know if it's not just a merc on a alt who's trying to jack up the price.

i mean sure, if you can find someone who is willing to pay it go for it but weren't 150 mil the going rate for a full aeonic clear back when sparks were still a thing? if i'm not mistaken those clears required similar if not more mercs to clear and a lot more time.
or do we chalk that one up to inflation, too?
By Mrxi 2022-03-04 03:52:06  
Shichishito said: »
what i'm trying to say is shouts alone shouldn't have a lot of weight in determining the value of a item or service. there is no way to know if it's not just a merc on a alt who's trying to jack up the price.

i mean sure, if you can find someone who is willing to pay it go for it but weren't 150 mil the going rate for a full aeonic clear back when sparks were still a thing? if i'm not mistaken those clears required similar if not more mercs to clear and a lot more time.
or do we chalk that one up to inflation, too?
Can clear Aeonics with 5 for sure maybe less, idk about carrying a whole alliance though, and a lot less time assuming they fail 5/6 runs (relying on shark proc) thats like a day or more in terms of farming segs. And the gear is a lot better then a Aeonic imo 10 to 12 ws dmg is pretty huge. Besides all that they are just buying the gil so pretty sure they dont care price and would pay more.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-03-04 08:11:01  
I don't think you understand how few groups are able to reliably clear v20. They aren't asking to be entered for RP, they want a successful win. These aren't easy fights with 6, so a merc has to not only feel confident in winning, but in doing so while a buyer who may or may not be a drooling idiot is part of it. There is a lot of potential for headache on the sellers' part unless they are actually able to clear with 5.

You're charging for exclusivity and annoyance, not just time. I don't think 150m is obscenely low or obscenely high, it seems like a reasonable range.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-04 08:49:52  
I dont think there is a group that can clear V20 Bumba reliably with 5. Buyer would probably need to be at least 3-4 aeonic songs BRD or COR with decent Hybrid TP and Nyame R20 Savage sets and listen when to click which JA :D Even then Yaegasumi/PD/invincible and possibly Raaz add will be a wipe, unless proc will be crits or same time WS.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-03-04 08:53:28  
Amazing to me how nearly any post goes sideways so quickly, lol.

I would prefer a group to team clear BUT the majority of players who cleared already have something many of us do not; The ability to play 8-16 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Finding a well organized & job diverse group with each and every player pulling 100% of their weight is a challenge, especially in this content.

In simple a Segment Pug one notices the vast differences in performance of players equally geared.

The primary value of mercenary's is to bypass the collaborative shortfalls, which can be immensely time consuming.

The secondary value of the mercenary is their ability to provide a 5 man team which can clear what a 6 man team struggles to defeat. That is a true mercenary.

If I have to provide heavy assistance to a Mercenary, are they a mercenary? Or, just someone with a lot of time and vast networking?
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-03-04 09:01:08  
Asura.Otomis said: »
If I have to provide heavy assistance to a Mercenary, are they a mercenary? Or, just someone with a lot of time and vast networking?

If it's not winnable with 5, then it's a pointless distinction, isn't it?
[+]
By Draylo 2022-03-04 09:02:53  
Yall admitting there's still some challenging fights? That's rare lol

Also just help your static, too many people trying to rush to complete content, there is no reason to rush
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-03-04 09:13:37  
Veng 20's are no joke. The vast majority of players simply cannot handle these fights. V 20 bumba also has alot of luck involved too. He has three different 2hr's and a multitude of add and proc combinations that can all wipe even the best groups. It's normal for groups that even can kill the thing to go 1 for 5 or worse because of bad RNG. This is not a fight you can just bring an outsider in and expect to get the clear. So if anyone did merc it they would be justified making the price extremely high. I actually think 150 mil is on the cheap side since you're also paying the mercs for all the tier 3's they cleared along the way to even have access to the fight in the first place.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-03-04 09:19:08  
Everything starts out "hard" and then we out level it/out gear it.

Say v20 is still "tough or whatever" when you're M99 with empyrean +3 and R35 rema

Safe to say they created gaol for the future growth instead of the current standard. (though still possible with some modicum of effort)
By Draylo 2022-03-04 09:20:21  
Yes but that is practically every content released so far. People just love to downplay the difficulty
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-03-04 09:25:18  
Sure, with better equipment and M ranks veng 20 bumba will eventually become trivial. But we probably won't be at that stage of progress for a couple of years. That distinction doesn't help people who want access to the gear right now today.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-03-04 09:34:24  
Sorry to jump on your post Otomis, but I've seen several shouts for this at 200m+. The thing I don't get is why? If you can't pop it, you are gonna have to do what like 12-15 runs @ v15 per piece of gear (assuming non-charged runs)?

If you are running v15 leech groups @ 800/run, that's an absurd number of segments and gil (assuming you are mercing it) to cap out at r25.

Maybe it's just me. I got on the Odyssey train late and am always short on segments, so doing v20 Bumba is pointless for me until I can pop it since there is no way I'll have enough segments to break r20 at any reasonable pace without popping it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-04 10:09:49  
Charged runs doing 15 Bumba > 20 > 20 gives like 75% of the RP of a full V20 set with Bumba while also letting you work on other pieces (and is still better efficiency even if you only need Bumba). It's not a huge difference if you don't have access to V20 for RP.

Also, you're almost certainly going to have a lot of fails before winning even if you find a competent seller, and you'll get ~1400-1700 RP per attempt.

Finally, keep in mind that before amplifiers came out, Segment to RP rates were much worse than even that, and people were still capping pieces to R20 despite segment runs giving fewer segments.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-03-04 11:15:59  
Aye, mainly I am about capped out on V20, so I figured it would be worth looking into a V20 clear group or merc. I also do not have the play time to net 200M quickly lol. Only make about 25M a week farming. But I will Pug, shout, maybe tag a merc in due time.
[+]