言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » PartyHints: An addon that shows job icons
PartyHints: An addon that shows job icons
By nattack 2022-02-22 23:42:30  
Howdy folks,
I built this little addon called PartyHints. It shows job icons beside your party, alliance, and target.

This addon was built to help people who cast cross-party buffs like Flurry and Haste remember who needs what, or just generally know the structure of your party and alliance members.

https://github.com/rjtrenchard/partyhints

If there's any issues drop me a line. Nattack#0124
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [185 days between previous and next post]
By nattack 2022-08-26 19:34:00  
minor update:
A naughty capital letter was preventing job information from updating when the party update packet came around. job information now updates as party members are invited
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-08-26 20:12:45  
There any particular reason that it doesn't fill out the list when you just check the party list ingame? Seems far easier than having to manually /check the entire alliance.
By nattack 2022-08-26 21:16:21  
Oh? Is it still not updating? when I run it fresh it seems to be updating member jobs when party members are added.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-08-26 21:36:19  
As in go to the menu. Click party. Then click party list.
By nattack 2022-08-26 22:19:27  
Oh, as far as that goes I’m not sure how to get the data from that. I was looking into how to get that data from search results but I’m not sure if Windower has those packets listed.

Checking players will update job information, as well as players joining the main party/entering the zone.
By RadialArcana 2022-08-27 02:25:17  
This is kind of off-topic but given how this works, would it be possible to create a similar version of this but that overlays skill images over the macro keys (reading book numbers and page) when you press alt or ctrl?

As in you press alt and it brings up an overlay instantly to cover the written macro keys with images for each skill that you create in a txt file or something, and when you let go they disappear.

So you could overlay shadowbind with this image for example (not this image since dimensions are wrong, but it's an example)

If someone could make something like this I think people would eagerly make the job/spell icons to go along with it.

I know xicrossbar exists but that's always on-screen, I think many like the pop up nature of normal macros.
By nattack 2022-08-27 04:59:19  
If I'm understanding you properly, most of what you want can be accomplished, but as far as I know Windower doesn't know what macro page or book you're on, so you would need to have a way to tell that to your script.

Having something show up via keybind is trivial though.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [109 days between previous and next post]
By nattack 2022-12-13 17:25:38  
1.3:
- modified the readme to dispel confusion that it allows you to see anon players jobs (only yours is visible in that case)
- anon players last known jobs will not be remembered on check/party update
- anon player state will be updated automatically without checking
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [346 days between previous and next post]
By nattack 2023-11-24 06:10:13  
1.4:
- PartyHints now clears the job registry on zoning, aside from party members and yourself.
- Logging out no longer displays your old job icon.
- Trusts no longer lose their job data, and should show as normal.

Not sure why I only work on this during the end of the year. See you in 2024.
By Moonlightagb 2023-11-24 09:34:38  
Been enjoying having this feature thanks to your addon! I also like the little AF hats as each job's icon

Whenever I change to my mules the moment I log onto the new character I get two error lines in my console:

....partyhints.lua:266: attempt to compare number to nil
....partyhints.lua:266: attempt to compare number to nil
[+]
By nattack 2023-11-24 13:24:38  
I think I see what the issue was, I have updated it. give it a try.