Windower Crashing While Performing A Weapon Skill

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower crashing while performing a weapon skill
Windower crashing while performing a weapon skill
By Minaras84 2021-12-28 08:05:37  
I'm pretty sure I've been having this problem since installing windows 11 but i might be wrong.
Anyway, as title says, windower closes ffxi the moment i perform any ws.
And it's weird because I don't use gearswap so I don't understand how doing a ws is related to windower.
Any ideas?
By Jetackuu 2021-12-28 08:25:24  
Minaras84 said: »
I'm pretty sure I've been having this problem since installing windows 11 but i might be wrong.
And it's weird because I don't use gearswap so I don't understand how doing a ws is related to windower.
Any ideas?

Is it windower or does it do it in Vanilla? Because there's a distinct difference.
[+]
 Bahamut.Wizardstick
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sieve
By Bahamut.Wizardstick 2021-12-28 08:25:39  
Does it crash when you don't use Windower?
By RadialArcana 2021-12-28 08:28:32  
Are you using ashenbubs HD pack, what ws is it, are you sure you don't have some weird lua running.
By Minaras84 2021-12-28 08:39:35  
Jetackuu said: »
Any ideas?

Is it windower or does it do it in Vanilla? Because there's a distinct difference.
It's windower, sorry.
If I play without it game doesn't crash
By Minaras84 2021-12-28 08:41:05  
RadialArcana said: »
Are you using ashenbubs HD pack, what ws is it, are you sure you don't have some weird lua running.
Any ws, any class.
The luas I'm using are the preloaded ones, not at the of right now, but they're really basics
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-28 09:01:05  
Start unloading your olugins and addons one at a time and test to see if it fixes your issue.
By Jetackuu 2021-12-28 13:02:03  
Jetackuu said: »
Any ideas?

It's windower, sorry.
If I play without it game doesn't crash
Nothing to be sorry about.

It's something you have loaded then.

In no particular order: any dat mods or graphics changes could be causing it. Your best bet is to hop over to the windower discord. Also for shits and gigs, try with a fresh windower download (in it's own directory) see how it goes.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-12-28 15:54:29  
You're lucky, if it happens every time it's just a process of elimination by removing addons. Could be something being launched in your init.txt maybe too.
By Minaras84 2021-12-29 18:05:27  
Ok so, there is something i didnt notice before.
The game (vanilla) kind of "stutters" when i use a ws, it does this only the first time i use it, then its all good.
Same happens with pet commands,only the first time.
It seems like theres a problem with my game, but while the vanilla ffxi manages to keep me ingame and it gives me only that stutter, looks like windower cant do the same and crashes.
I'll try getting rid of all the addons (basically i use party tp, pet tp and treasure casket combination, thats it lol) but i doubt will make a difference.
Does POL have any "repair" system in case?
By RadialArcana 2021-12-29 18:12:27  
Are you using graphics mods?

Try turning mipmapping off in windower settings tab.
By Minaras84 2021-12-29 19:11:34  
RadialArcana said: »
Are you using graphics mods?

Try turning mipmapping off in windower settings tab.
No nothing
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-30 01:07:55  
Are you using Windows 11 perchance?
By RadialArcana 2021-12-30 07:03:34  
Wireless connection firewall or virus checker causing problems.

Could be all kinds of things.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-12-30 11:10:04  
Ok so, there is something i didnt notice before.
The game (vanilla) kind of "stutters" when i use a ws, it does this only the first time i use it, then its all good.
Same happens with pet commands,only the first time.
It seems like theres a problem with my game, but while the vanilla ffxi manages to keep me ingame and it gives me only that stutter, looks like windower cant do the same and crashes.
I'll try getting rid of all the addons (basically i use party tp, pet tp and treasure casket combination, thats it lol) but i doubt will make a difference.
Does POL have any "repair" system in case?

Apart from the above, did you unload each addon/plugin one at a time then test if it still crashes, as Geriond suggested, this is an important troubleshooting step.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-01 09:18:58  
Odin.Sudra said: »
@Sechs
Because I've heard multiple reports from people having issues with Windower 11 and FFXI, with or without DGvoodoo.

There's a couple of ways to fix that. One is goin back to Windows 10 (lol), the other is sending a tell in-game to Lewyo, or a PM here, I think he found a temporary fix by using an older version of DGvoodoo or something like that.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-01 09:24:13  
Just like in the other thread, never update right away.

I had all kinds of issues with the jump from 8 to 10 (really just exclusively to XI and things connected to XI), not a chance in hell of going to 11 until they force it.