Crashing On Maximizing Chat Log In 4K. Sandbox On.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Crashing on maximizing chat log in 4K. Sandbox on.
Crashing on maximizing chat log in 4K. Sandbox on.
 Asura.Avellion
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Avellion
By Asura.Avellion 2021-12-23 18:28:36  
Let me preface this by saying that getting FFXI set up in 4K is an absolute nightmare. Just when I think I've fixed every little issue I've ran into, I come across something I cannot find any info on anywhere.

I've downloaded the Sandbox plugin, as this issue seems to be common among multiboxers, but that did not help.

I have my UI set to 1.2x. Resolution set to 4K. When I maximize my chat log with +, it immediately crashes FFXI without any hesitation. I've disabled all addons/plugins to see if there were any conflicts, and it still happens.

Does anyone here have any experience with FFXI in 4K? Just built a new system and was looking forward to seeing how this ancient game looked on it.

Thanks
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2021-12-23 20:44:30  
It's part of dual boxing on windower in general I find, it feels like playing russian roulette anytime you try to max the chatlog, I've been meaning to try the chat addon to hopefully by pass ever touching chatlog again

I don't run in 4k, I've heard others bitching about freezing while trying to expand chatlog while dual boxing, sandbox doesn't seem to help me any, I think it's a common issue but I would love to be proven wrong with a fix lol
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2021-12-23 21:04:25  
Thats sounds like you are using an outdated XiView, did you install any dat mod pack?
[+]
 Asura.Shiehna
By Asura.Shiehna 2021-12-23 22:01:40  
Asura.Avellion said: »
Does anyone here have any experience with FFXI in 4K? Just built a new system and was looking forward to seeing how this ancient game looked on it.
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
It's part of dual boxing on windower in general I find,
Asura.Carrotchan said: »
I've heard others bitching about freezing while trying to expand chatlog while dual boxing,
I'm not sure what's going on with your machine, but I've been running FFXI in 4k since January of this year after I upgraded my PC. I haven't had any issues at all with running the game since then, even with HD DAT mods and Reshade on for extra effects I'm able to maintain 60FPS aside from heavy crowded stuff like Domain and Dynamis D.

I don't dual box though, and I use Ashita, so I'm going to assume like Carrotchan said it's probably related to the dualboxing issue. I don't think it's strickly a Windower issue, since I also have Windower setup in case my Ashita ever gets borked, and it still runs well either way.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-24 00:51:13  
This has been happening to me on and off too. I don’t have any dat mods. I think there is an addon or plugin that I’m using that periodically sends ls chat across all chars and I think that is what causes it to crash if it does it while I have expanded chat. I can’t for the life of me think of what addon/plug-in it is though

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-24 13:52:37  
OP did not mention dualboxing, I think.

OP, have you tried replicating the crash on vanilla?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-12-24 13:53:32  
I sort of assumed multibox since he mentioned the sandbar plugin
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-12-24 17:57:46  
He mentioned that he tried it because multiboxers frequently say it solves a similar problem. However, if he wasn't using it already then he isn't a multiboxer.
By Jetackuu 2021-12-24 17:59:49  
I multibox but on multiple PCs and will randomly still get the chatlog bug. /shrug

Edit: I should clarify; each is on it's own PC.
By flyingtaru 2021-12-24 19:49:41  
I assumed possibly multiboxer as well like shadow stated as most multiboxers I know only search for something like sandbox once they get one too many chat log issues which tends to not occur often when solo play.