Windower Launches POL.exe Instead Of FFXI? (LOOP)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower launches POL.exe instead of FFXI? (LOOP)
Windower launches POL.exe instead of FFXI? (LOOP)
 Quetzalcoatl.Hrywnak
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Hrywnak
By Quetzalcoatl.Hrywnak 2021-12-09 14:40:33  
Hi,

I'm very new to Windower so may not understand the technical aspects of how it interacts with the game but I followed a very good guide on YT (NextGames - Make FFXI beuatiful 2021) and followed all the steps required up until the point of launching the game.

When I try to launch the game from POL by running Windower, it somehow launches the POL again, forcing me to repeat the log-in process again instead of simply launching FFXI.

Bit of a head scratcher since there's no obvious way to point Windower to a specific .exe filepath/dir.

I asked for some help on NextGames YT video post but (sorry if it sounds disrespectful) did not get any resolvable help.

Any thoughts? I have tried re-installing Windower and could easily re-install FFXI I guess, just wanted to see if anyone else had come across this yet?

I made a video recording (it's a little glitchy do to OBS settings or something) but it should give an idea of what's happening. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqIWdsK_aEs
By Jetackuu 2021-12-09 19:44:51  
First off, you're auto logging in without having to manually enter your SE account PW so I'd say there's something weird there (unless you just edited it out, or have some hack that bypasses it, which, um, share?).

Secondly you're outright crashing, on logging into POL, not even starting XI yet. It's looking like you're using a lot of mods, remove them one at a time until you work your way back to base+windower. Likely has something to do with how you have configured reshade, as it's definitely launching for pol and not just XI, so that is weird (assuming it's supposed to (no idea, don't use it, but I'd find it odd) then it's potentially how you configured dgvoodoo in conjuction. I'd say either post what guide you're trying to follow, or do like I said and gut it all and try pol by itself and if that works then do windower.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-10 00:18:53  
Something definitely wrong there. You normally just login clicking on Windower4 Icon instead of the PlayOnline Icon on your desktop and such acts exactly the same as clicking on PlayOnline. The only difference is behind the scenes Windower Addon/Plugins load up upon you entering the game.

I recently returned back to FFXI too following NextGames guide & Im running Voodoo w/ Windower and 60fps AshenbubsHD-Prime so you definitely made a mistake along the way somewhere since I’m not experiencing such issues.