Reisenjima Blacked Out

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Reisenjima Blacked Out
Reisenjima Blacked Out
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-04 20:09:25  
Exited Omen into nothing but a Black screen where I cannot move but can see NPC and other players. Logged out & back in & still same issue. Used Warp Ring and other Zone normal. Came came to Reisenjima and same issue.

Running Windower w/ FFXI-HD, Xi-Viewer, Voodoo, AshenbubsHD-Basic and bunch of Addons. Does this happen occasionally to anyone else? I’m only assuming something I downloaded corrupted my Files but I’m no Expert.

Update : Now my Save Point is Blacked Out as well meaning The End.
Update 2 : Checked Files. No Issues found. Logged in again got to the event where small PoL becomes Full Screen but no Screen loaded while I’m listening to login FFXI music so forced hard shutdown on PC since stuck unable to do anything.

Update 3 : Logged back in and at least Home Point normal…..

SOLUTION

Asura.Wotasu said: »
Blackscreen has to do with memory leak which happens way more often with HD datmods, temporary fix is to totally reboot the game.

You could try this as well, I usually got blackscreen few times a week but nothing for a month now.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56318/possible-blackscreen-fix-when-using-config-plugin/#3597390
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-04 20:54:54  
llAKs0nll said: »
AshenbubsHD-Basic

This, or some other combination of .dat swapping and HD mods is your problem. I used to have black screens when using HD mods/.dat swaps in Lower Jeuno and Reisenjima. Couldn't nail down which one it was, so I just removed all of them. They make the game look nice but corrupt your files. They also made me crash in Gaol very frequently months back during bosses. Once I did a full reset and only ran dgvoodoo and reshader, I had no problems. Get rid of the mods and you will be fine.
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-04 20:59:14  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
llAKs0nll said: »
AshenbubsHD-Basic

This, or some other combination of .dat swapping and HD mods is your problem. I used to have black screens when using HD mods/.dat swaps in Lower Jeuno and Reisenjima. Couldn't nail down which one it was, so I just removed all of them. They make the game look nice but corrupt your files. They also made me crash in Gaol very frequently months back during bosses. Once I did a full reset and only ran dgvoodoo and reshader, I had no problems.

Damn that’s absolutely AWFUL cuz AshenbubsHD looks seriously amazing.

Ugh………..

I ran File Scan and everything OK. I guess I’m gonna try & weather the storm + hope for the best cuz it’s hard to go back now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-04 21:07:22  
The mods do look nice, but if you do any amount of heavy endgame like Odyssey Gaol or Dynamis, it could prove to be a problem for you staying connected. It was with me, might have different effects impacting your game. Not totally sure. Best practice is to start small. Remove few stuff login and check. remove others, repeat. etc
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-04 21:09:57  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The mods do look nice, but if you do any amount of heavy endgame like Odyssey Gaol or Dynamis, it could prove to be a problem for you staying connected. It was with me, might have different effects impacting your game. Not totally sure. Best practice is to start small. Remove few stuff login and check. remove others, repeat. etc

You can always Shut Off the Addon before doing such. I was only Solo in Omen so was more a Scare to myself than anything real Damaging to anyone else.

//pivot remove AshenbubsHD-Basic

I assumed it was such that’s why I mentioned what I’m using. Your verification means I just need to remove it if I’m not Solo.
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-04 21:21:28  
Ugh. Reminds me of a mule I had to kill a few years back. I don't run any HD mods, DGVoodoo, or any upscaling/overclocking. I just warped into Windy Waters [S] and would get a black screen. Couldn't fix it in any way. Vanilla did nothing. I probably did the same file checks you tried. Contacted SE support. They e-mailed me back with some nonsense (which was cut and paste from their FF14 support when I was contacting them about 11) about making sure my Internet Explorer (yes, really) version was up to date.

It was only a voucher Mars Orb mule I was leveling so it didn't have anything important on it so after a few days I just bit the bullet and killed it off.

I hope your situation gets resolved without such a draconian solution.

This was my old meme for that situation (and any situation where non vanilla people need trouble-shooting help).
[+]
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-04 21:28:13  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
They e-mailed me back with some nonsense (which was cut and paste from their FF14 support when I was contacting them about 11) about making sure my Internet Explorer (yes, really) version was up to date.

Yeah cuz we Breaking ToS on an Epic Large scale percentage of overall player base in this game lol. I was seriously nervous but now it sounds like something that won’t Delete my Files or kill my overpriced PC.

I can deal w/ minor setbacks, np. Well worth the Visual Upgrade.
By Draylo 2021-12-04 21:45:45  
Are you using any programs or such? I recall this happening to my friend using certain things and zoning quick, no ashenbub mode
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-12-04 21:55:06  
Blackscreen has to do with memory leak which happens way more often with HD datmods, temporary fix is to totally reboot the game.

You could try this as well, I usually got blackscreen few times a week but nothing for a month now.
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56318/possible-blackscreen-fix-when-using-config-plugin/#3597390
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-12-04 22:12:51  
It's always shocking to me how this game still holds together without any rollbacks. You would think they would mess up something by letting people *** around with it every month.
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-04 22:13:07  
Asura.Wotasu said: »

Seriously appreciate all this info y’all have provided. This is exactly what I was looking to learn about. Thank you.

Read Thorny discussion about Voodoo too. Patched PoL.exe but gonna try do as he suggested w/ that as well if I can figure out how to.

Update : ….and all done. Thanks again :D
By llAKs0nll 2021-12-04 23:16:07  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
It's always shocking to me how this game still holds together without any rollbacks. You would think they would mess up something by letting people *** around with it every month.

I just realized…… now that I know what the problem is and have found the Remedy.

<_< I think I’m gonna download AshenbubHD-Prime and push the VRAM to the limits >_> before I was hesitant listening to Ashenbub’s advice. Now I can just remove Voodoo if any issues since that doesn’t allocate as much VRAM as PoL itself is capable of allowing.