New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dynamis +3 reforging key item
Dynamis +3 reforging key item
 Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Vanian 2021-11-25 01:51:16  
How do you get the new key item to reforge to +3. I've only ever done bastok and windy. Did windy again last night but haven't got the KI and didn't get any count down for killing mobs

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Vanian
By Siren.Vanian 2021-11-25 03:05:19  
Yeah just seen that as I got to last page on November update, *** stupid way to do it
By Draylo 2021-11-25 03:32:21  
Better off just killing that statue, its too easy
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2021-11-25 04:40:06  
Draylo said: »
Better off just killing that statue, its too easy
Agreed. I've duoed the wave 1 boss, but I find the individual 1 hour abilities and the rush of numerous mobs from a regular statue to be more difficult to deal with in comparison. I feel like they wanted to make it easier for people without groups (solo even?) but instead they went in a direction that requires a group anyway.
 Siren.Vanian
By Siren.Vanian 2021-11-25 04:50:01  
Yeah was hoping would just need to kill 100 mobs to unlock everything, I've killed windy and bastok bosses, just my work schedule makes it hard to commit to dynamis runs every week, I've ended up doing 5 Bastok and 2 Windy

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-25 05:27:52  
The key item allows you to verify entire sets you have unlocked without navigating through Aurix's menu. That appears to be the only advantage at this point.
 Phoenix.Terasan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2021-11-28 23:56:30  
So, just to make sure, it's still per-job AND per-zone? So I'd need to drag my BRD mule to all 4 zone boss kills OR kill 100 mobs in all 4 zones w/her in party to get her +3 crap? gdi SE :|
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-11-29 02:52:10  
Phoenix.Terasan said: »
So, just to make sure, it's still per-job AND per-zone? So I'd need to drag my BRD mule to all 4 zone boss kills OR kill 100 mobs in all 4 zones w/her in party to get her +3 crap? gdi SE :|

I did dynamis d tonight and it was on my smn in dynamis sandroia. After the 100 regular mob kills I got a message saying I unlocked my feet AF+3 and also body +3, but only because I had all the other zones done :) so it's 100 kills, per job, per zone, hope that makes sense ^^
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-29 03:07:53  
So in what way is it easier/faster or whatever than killing the w1 boss ?
[+]
By Draylo 2021-11-29 03:23:28  
It isn't, they were just out of touch and trying to help when its much easier and faster to just kill the statue. If people can't kill the statue they probably aren't doing 100 mobs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-29 03:51:41  
Draylo said: »
It isn't, they were just out of touch and trying to help when its much easier and faster to just kill the statue. If people can't kill the statue they probably aren't doing 100 mobs.
Obviously
By Seun 2021-11-29 05:42:31  
Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »

They never said it was supposed to be faster or easier, just an alternative. I would take it more as a suggestion that the JSE will be accompanying us on whatever level we end up at post-anniversary.
 Phoenix.Terasan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Terasan
By Phoenix.Terasan 2021-11-29 22:17:12  
Bleah. Oh well. Gotta drag her around the world and beat up more rocks then. Thanks ya'll :)
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-29 23:22:54  
Seun said: »

They never said it was supposed to be faster or easier, just an alternative. I would take it more as a suggestion that the JSE will be accompanying us on whatever level we end up at post-anniversary.
Maybe not "faster" but it was CLEARLY trying to be an easier method. It kinda fails at that though, miserably.

The omen alternative path instead is pretty spot-on
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-11-29 23:59:02  
This works more for those groups who like to farm wave 1 for the more expensive shards. Wave 2 is a step up in difficulty, so for trios, or lesser geared groups, there may be no point beating the mid-boss when they can just farm wave 1 until timeout and still get +3 unlocks.
By Seun 2021-11-30 06:45:29  
Asura.Sechs said: »

Maybe not "faster" but it was CLEARLY trying to be an easier method. It kinda fails at that though, miserably.

The omen alternative path instead is pretty spot-on

Strongly disagree. These changes make the content more accessible, not easier. Even if you already had access, now you have flexibility.

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
This works more for those groups who like to farm wave 1 for the more expensive shards. Wave 2 is a step up in difficulty, so for trios, or lesser geared groups, there may be no point beating the mid-boss when they can just farm wave 1 until timeout and still get +3 unlocks.

I was thinking the same thing honestly, but even works well in a larger group. I can remember many times when players felt obligated to bring more geared jobs for the sake of wave 2. I can't speak for them, but I personally would have voted to put a chill wave one unlock/farm into the rotation to break the monotony.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-30 06:52:27  
Strongly disagree. These changes make the content more accessible, not easier. Even if you already had access, now you have flexibility.
Better accessibility makes something easier.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-30 06:56:58  
Semantics. It doesn't really.

It's much easier to kill one statue boss than 100 enemies that spawn in groups.

3 blind and deaf squirrels with yoran can afk autoattack the midbosses to death. But pulling mobs and sleeping and surviving 100 2hours can be complicated.

It's not a direct comparison that you can state one is easier than the other. Its just a different option of equal irritation.
[+]
By Mattelot 2021-11-30 08:01:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
3 blind and deaf squirrels with yoran can afk autoattack the midbosses to death.

*Citation needed
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-11-30 08:25:14  
Same. While the statues are trivial if you know what you're doing, their attack and defense are sky high and have a good amount of HP as well (I think about a million), so Yoran would run dry of MP super quickly healing a group of such noobs, if he can even keep up with the stomps.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-30 08:32:13  
As soon as you start sculpting a scenario and adding modifiers both scenarios are relatively easy. Being that AATT is the only sleeping trust and a new player likely won't have them.

A mnk with 5 trusts who got 2 people to enter/exit should have an easier time killing one boss than 100 enemies in groups.

A single pup same scenario.

A single nin same scenario.

A group of 3 noobs trying to unlock +3 probably can't land sleeps, won't have AATT. If they run into a ninja it's instant game over. Not to mention they would have to (probably) melee 30+ statues down. That's rough.

it's all about how you approach it. If you had a competent 3 person noob group with sleeps (no AATT) killing 100 mobs should be pretty simple. But so should killing the midboss. Would 3 sulevia+1 wars have an easier time killing 100 mobs than the midboss, yeah, would it be easier to simply not be 3 wars and take a more balanced group to kill the midboss, also yeah. It's not a direct comparison of simplicity. Merely options. If you've got to work with what you've got without flex, then one could be the better option. Or both could still be impossible lol.
[+]
By Seun 2021-11-30 09:30:40  
It was easily over a hundred hours of farming to get the 10k JP I needed to unlock my first weapon augment. All I needed to get the first boss clear in divergence was 10 minutes and SV. Most of these alternative tasks end up being more tedious than the initial task. This isn't nearly the same climb, but it's definitely not easier.
[+]