ProJared Discusses FFXI
First Page 2
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-30 14:16:07  
YouTube Video Placeholder

He has been going through each numbered FF game and didn't skip XI just because it's an online game. Seems he really liked it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-30 15:38:27  
Just watched it myself. I appreciate how he discusses both the good and bad of all of the Final Fantasy games, including this one. And while I felt like he was a little harsh at times, it still felt reasonably fair.

Kinda wish he would have gone a bit more into the storylines and characters. But I guess more than any other game, it really needed describing.

I appreciate as well how he brought up the excellent job system and the feeling of earning your rewards.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-10-30 15:43:42  
Guess the main reason he didn't go all the way on story is how long it takes to do all of them on a 75 era server like Eden. Guess he should've played retail to fast track through it with trusts.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-30 15:44:32  
Unfortunately he did some/most of that on a private server. It heavily skews the play/view/feefees.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Guess the main reason he didn't go all the way on story is how long it takes to do all of them on a 75 era server like Eden. Guess he should've played retail to fast track through it with trusts.

This, you posted while I was posting etc.

It's an accurate sum up. Especially about punishing and being a masochist. Everything slow, and excessive. and the 30 second retail summary.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-10-30 15:50:05  
who?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-10-30 16:02:55  
Freehugs said: »
I thought this dude was canceled for sending his ugly *** to fans

maybe i'm thinking of someone else. its hard to keep up with all of the cancellations these days.
No, this is the Subway Jared. The one that started Jared's Jewelry chain.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 16:15:27  

There was some drama-torama about this at one point, but it ended up being false accusations from someone or something similar. Whatever PR firm he used for damage control should receive an award.

Anyhoo, hearing a reviewer talk about XI is nice enough, I suppose. Even if he is a filthy casuaul and not a lifer. Most Final Fantasy series retrospectives that I know of kind of skip over FFXI (or havn't even made it to 11 yet). I'm just glad ProJared's audience is older people. It would be a shame if it was some popular internet celebrity and they enticed youngsters to invade our lovely Vanadiel with a glowing review with all their lit swag sus dab YOLO (or whatever kids these days say on Fortnite).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-30 16:31:35  
I wonder how many people this is going to get to try the game. If you look at the comments of the video, a lot of people say stuff like "XI is the only one I've never played" or "I thought it was abandoned long ago".

The fact that Jared used the term "inaccessible" isn't necessarily wrong, but might have been the tipping point for a lot of potential players from ever trying it.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-30 16:38:11  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I wonder how many people this is going to get to try the game. If you look at the comments of the video, a lot of people say stuff like "XI is the only one I've never played" or "I thought it was abandoned long ago".

The fact that Jared used the term "inaccessible" isn't necessarily wrong, but might have been the tipping point for a lot of potential players from ever trying it.

Retail; zero

Private; a few

Inaccessible?; accurate

Absolutely not something a person should even consider starting. You wouldn't recommend anyone start smoking crack after all. Except for the people that played a lot of 1-10 and want to see strictly the 11 story.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 16:40:23  
Coming at it from the view of how it was 20 years ago made everything sound like a major turn-off. It makes me realize how much of this game I was playing because of the friends I made.

I was as much logging in to play the game as I was to get into the linkshell/chat.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-30 16:48:41  
It was a miserable game built for the masochists. (on purpose)

Including POL
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 16:57:05  
It was all about BALANCE back then. Speaking of... did anyone else ever play 'Final Fantasy: Legend of Balance'? It was quite enjoyable.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/7777/

Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-10-30 16:57:32  
Jetackuu said: »
who?
What about to say. Sorry who?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-30 17:10:57  
sending his ugly *** to fans

hopefully they sent it back
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-10-30 17:18:27  

maybe i'm thinking of someone else. its hard to keep up with all of the cancellations these days.

nah, only cheated on his (pregnant?) wife with some rainbow haired freakshow from the bowels on Tumblr and treated her like complete dogshit in the process. It's been like 3 years so I don't remember exactly what happened.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-30 17:20:26  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Absolutely not something a person should even consider starting. You wouldn't recommend anyone start smoking crack after all. Except for the people that played a lot of 1-10 and want to see strictly the 11 story.
I still respectfully disagree with this sentiment. Especially in the modern game, it's fairly easy to just take it casually.

It has hurdles, but once you've cleared those it's an enjoyable story with a fantastic world and an actual feeling of adventure. Not everyone needs to rush to Lv.99 and grind out a Tizona 119-III.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 17:41:30  
Check out the guns on Sailor Mercury.

Edit: Oh. Sorry. I guess I'm gonna be cancelled if I body-shame a cross-dresser. #2021
[+]
By Draylo 2021-10-30 18:44:12  
My favorite game! The speed runners and reviewers love to skip it
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-30 18:53:54  
The people who approach FFXI like another "FF game I HAVE To beat or else I'm a poser" are *** mental and a waste of time.

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
nah, only cheated on his (pregnant?) wife with some rainbow haired freakshow from the bowels on Tumblr and treated her like complete dogshit in the process. It's been like 3 years so I don't remember exactly what happened.

False, you bought into the narrative.
[+]
By Lynxblade 2021-10-30 19:34:51  

here is what actually happened.... innocent until proven guilty, and don't be part of cancel culture just because its what the mob wants.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-10-30 19:50:07  
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-10-30 19:55:17  
i was almost inclined to watch thru a 42 minute video so someone could rectify internet gossip about him but then i saw Mr. T punching a unicorn purple horse so i decided to watch that instead.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 20:03:10  
Shichishito said: »
then i saw Mr. T

Not all black men with beards are Mr. T. Do they all look alike to you?" Cancel Shichishito!

(jk, laughing at the absurdity of easily triggered Twitter keyboard warriors).
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-30 20:03:54  
Shichishito said: »
i was almost inclined to watch thru a 42 minute video so someone could rectify internet gossip about him but then i saw Mr. T punching a unicorn purple horse so i decided to watch that instead.
I hope you watched that .GIF for the 42 minutes you were going to spend watching that video
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-10-30 20:05:41  
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-30 20:07:27  
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-10-30 20:31:41  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I hope you watched that .GIF for the 42 minutes you were going to spend watching that video
ofc i did.

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Not all black men with beards are Mr. T.
yeah, during those 42 minutes it dawned on me. no horn on the unicorn pink horse and no rings and goldchains on Mr. T. random bearded black dude.
now i wish i watched the gossip one.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-10-31 01:38:52  
Lynxblade said: »

here is what actually happened.... innocent until proven guilty, and don't be part of cancel culture just because its what the mob wants.

ProJared has thoroughly investigated ProJared and found ProJared 100% not guilty.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-31 05:45:12  
Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »

When I read this I had this visual image of you as a 80 year old lady in a room with 4 other 80 year old ladies gossiping over some dudes personal life from down town.
[+]
First Page 2