Invisible Crafting?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Invisible crafting?
Invisible crafting?
First Page 2
 Sylph.Ketsui
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-10-07 10:35:14  
Recently I've been seeing an RMT army at the Alchemy Guild in Bastok Mines. They're just standing there for some time and then warp.

Today, one of the characters dropped //autosynth stop into say chat. I did not see them crafting at all though.

I then went and followed them around. All they do is
- Stand at the alchemy guild, doing nothing.
- Synchronized warp to Upper Jeuno
- Shop at the NPC Areebah
- Synchronized Warp
- Synchronized Home Point to Bastok Mines
- Stand at the alchemy guild, doing nothing.
- Repeat from the beginning, 24/7

Now I do believe, that since they accidently dropped //autosynth stop into say chat, that there might be a way of invisible crafting. And there might be a way to make unlimited gil that needs to be fixed.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-07 11:18:58  
 Cerberus.Aerandir
サーバ: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2021-10-07 12:10:06  
Just from a quick glance, I would guess they're mass crafting eye drops to npc.

Areebah carries lots of flowers, but Chamomile is available at a fixed price with no supply limitations.

The alchemy guild carries Ahriman Tears at a fixed price with no supply limitations.

Distilled water, the final ingredient, is available almost anywhere at a fixed price too.

You're looking at around 350-400g per synth based on crystal prices (probably getting a mass amount of water crystals from the bots farming crabs outside Bastok) to make 2 Eye Drops per synth which npc for ~500g each.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-10-07 12:20:26  
I mean, if it's not a very smart bot it's possible they just simply ran out of crystals and so it kept doing the routine without the crafting part.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-10-07 12:25:48  
I don't doubt they need to trade a helluva lot, but an option would be to to make quivered ammunition. Maybe I'm just wrong about the financial potential from it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2021-10-07 12:37:49  
Thinking about it a little more, the only 2 limitations I can see to this are time and water crystals.

I think if they are keeping the level sync target out of exp range in Gustaberg, they are still getting crystal drops but nobody is getting exp. This would provide them with a virtually limitless amount of water crystals to use.

As far as the time limitation goes, maybe whatever they're doing is somehow bypassing the "cooldown" on repeating a synth?

Aside from that, any HQs would only further increase profits. The costs are 200g + 130g + 11g, and the resulting synth is ~525g x2 based on fame. 1050g - 341g = 709g profit per synth.

I'm ignoring breaks and material loss if that's even something affecting them, but while this isn't a large amount, the fact that they're doing it en masse is probably adding a large amount of these small numbers together. If they're also capped on sparks for the week, it's probably the next best gil option until the weekly reset.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-07 12:50:02  
With hqs, likely average 3.3125~ at 81 alch. Break 1%(?) leaves 3.27~. So, 1721g/synth * 3 synths/min * 56min/hr * 24h/day = ~6.9m/day. Not horrible if they can find enough crystals.

They aren't getting crystals from the lv1 bots in all likelihood, the logistics would be annoying. Likely can't get enough from AH either. So, I doubt they're really running 24/7. They'd need ~336 clusters per char per day, so best case they probably have at least 1 character botting clusters for every 3-4 doing synths.

It's a drop in the bucket compared to what the galka bots make, but you could still report it and maybe SE will adjust the vendor price sometime in 2022.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2021-10-07 12:53:32  
It reminds me of the old holy water/remedy grind way back in the Aht Urhgan days! Nerfing the npc sale price was the solution to that problem too.
 Sylph.Ketsui
サーバ: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2021-10-07 12:54:58  
Heh, it didn't even cross my mind that the thing might just be malfunctioning. I always imagine that they've advanced their exploits to perfection.
By Pantafernando 2021-10-07 13:45:08  
No exploit to perfection would be doing what a simple script and repeat can do
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-07 14:11:22  
Just reminds me of when RMT fished up Rusty Subligars and would synth them with Light Crystals and vendor the result for das loot.

Not to be confused with: da sloot. That's yo mama.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2021-10-07 14:59:26  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Just reminds me of when RMT fished up Rusty Subligars and would synth them with Light Crystals and vendor the result for das loot.

Not to be confused with: da sloot. That's yo mama.

I remember this lol, lot of my friends got banned for doing this >.> Someone on my server named a linkshell after it, called RustyBuckets haha.

Sooo many bot fishers in Rabao XD
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-07 16:52:13  
I think the ones I heard about were doing this in Batallia Downs. I never had crafting up high enough to do it then. Did you know real people that got banned for that? Seems like it was just a function of crafting and not really an exploit or hack. It was just that NPCs would buy the resulting synth for okay gil.

I used to farm Yagudo Freezer, Orc Piercer, and Shellbusters from demons in castle vhazl baileys. Those would NPC for 3~8k or so I think. I remember that one day there was going to be a maintenance and I spent the hour or two before the scheduled maintenance farming up a bunch of those to NPC since I wasn't doing anything else. I logged out with several tens of thousands of gil worth just before the servers went down. It turned out that it was the maintenance when they ninja-nerfed the NPC prices of those things so my loot in inventory went from being worth 3-8k a pop to maybe a few hundred gil each. I was the big sad after that.

Sometimes NPCs give "fair" gil for the effort. Pity that RMT will exploit anything though so SE nerfed it into the dirt. Waiting on that RoE (or whatever it is they are doing) Galka bot army nerf, but that talk belongs in one of the several topics already about it.

Rambling wall-of-text post rambles. Sorry. =P
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2021-10-07 17:06:27  
Sylph.Ketsui said: »
Now I do believe, that since they accidently dropped //autosynth stop into say chat, that there might be a way of invisible crafting. And there might be a way to make unlimited gil that needs to be fixed.

I actually don't think those guys are bots. I think it's just one dude using fast follow and superwarp to do everything in sync. He notices if you're watching him and sends you a /tell. He probably was just trying to get you off his trail with the //autosynth stop
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-07 17:09:18  
It is quite funny to drop a fake command in say just to watch the reactions.
By Pantafernando 2021-10-07 17:24:39  
Its impressive how people just cant mind their own business. They can even get as close as to stalking others despite not being affected at all.

Seriously, look for help.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-07 18:22:12  
Pantafernando said: »
Its impressive how people just cant mind their own business. They can even get as close as to stalking others despite not being affected at all.

I'll stop buggin' other people when somebody tells my why those these two taru have been afk at the pup attachment qiqirn npcs not moving for like A YEAR
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-10-07 18:23:47  
No exploiting or even cheesing happens in a vacuum. This is very minimal in the grand scheme of things, but anything of the sort does have an effect on the server environment. If only SE cared as much about that as some of the players.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE BATCAVE: Disingenuous posting continues to be all the rage among some on FFXIAH.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-10-07 18:32:29  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »

I'll stop buggin' other people when somebody tells my why those these two taru have been afk at the pup attachment qiqirn npcs not moving for like A YEAR

Wait, what? Are you on Bahamut? There are two tarus afk in Nashmau by the pup vendor on Bahamut too. They're ALWAYS there, who pays for these?!
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-10-07 18:37:50  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
 Asura.Eiryl

Server: Asura
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-07 17:09:18
Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply  | Report | Score: 0 +

It is quite funny to drop a fake command in say just to watch the reactions.

I do it ocassionally.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-07 19:45:53  
Bahamut.Unagihito said: »

Wait, what? Are you on Bahamut? There are two tarus afk in Nashmau by the pup vendor on Bahamut too. They're ALWAYS there, who pays for these?!
Lakshmi

They never move. Ever.

Someone figure out the scam happening at the qiqirn npcs
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-10-07 19:47:40  
They're just trying to get Odin... that son of a *** Qiqirn never finds the right talismen.

It all smudgey and cover with sludgy. Oh it will be, when I jam it up your ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-10-07 20:12:55  

Lakshmi

They never move. Ever.

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-10-08 01:08:31  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
I think the ones I heard about were doing this in Batallia Downs. I never had crafting up high enough to do it then. Did you know real people that got banned for that? Seems like it was just a function of crafting and not really an exploit or hack. It was just that NPCs would buy the resulting synth for okay gil.

I used to farm Yagudo Freezer, Orc Piercer, and Shellbusters from demons in castle vhazl baileys. Those would NPC for 3~8k or so I think. I remember that one day there was going to be a maintenance and I spent the hour or two before the scheduled maintenance farming up a bunch of those to NPC since I wasn't doing anything else. I logged out with several tens of thousands of gil worth just before the servers went down. It turned out that it was the maintenance when they ninja-nerfed the NPC prices of those things so my loot in inventory went from being worth 3-8k a pop to maybe a few hundred gil each. I was the big sad after that.

Sometimes NPCs give "fair" gil for the effort. Pity that RMT will exploit anything though so SE nerfed it into the dirt. Waiting on that RoE (or whatever it is they are doing) Galka bot army nerf, but that talk belongs in one of the several topics already about it.

Rambling wall-of-text post rambles. Sorry. =P

Those weapons were my mainstay for gil making from like late 2006 till whenever they nerfed them. I was big sad too. Except I didn't know they nerfed them, so I went and farmed some, went to NPC... Oooof! Several hours of life somewhat wasted... except I would bounce back between Baileys and Keep to get a chance at the Dark Spirit Pact NM, which was going on AH at the time for 650k.

I also wore an onion in my belt, because it was the style at the time.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-08 01:36:34  

Lakshmi

They never move. Ever.

I see we even have the same positions! and have mentioned this in a discord

Seriously, what's the scam. It can't be npc resale none of the pup attachments sell for crap
By Draylo 2021-10-08 01:46:31  
You just know something is going on
By ksoze 2021-10-08 02:50:14  
RadialArcana said: »
I mean, if it's not a very smart bot it's possible they just simply ran out of crystals and so it kept doing the routine without the crafting part.

This sounds likely.

Another thing about standing still at Qiqirn might be timezones related. Usa ppl don't see eu ppl moving

Qiqirn fetish?

Or there is a new/old exploit.

Whatever..
 Bahamut.Harribel
By Bahamut.Harribel 2021-10-08 04:44:51  
Those taru's have been in that spot on bahamut since at least 2019 fwiw.

I was a pup when I returned to the game so because my economy was trash I came back there a few times for new mods when the AH didn't have any in stock and I bit the bullet on the prices.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-10-08 13:16:23  
ITT: Potentially suspicious characters doing potentially suspicious things.

Also ITT:
"Why are you even paying attention to these things? Why do you even care? What are you a weirdo stalker? *nervous laughter*"
[+]
 Asura.Arico
By Asura.Arico 2021-10-08 13:19:32  
ITT: Potentially suspicious characters doing potentially suspicious things.

Also ITT:
"Why are you even paying attention to these things? Why do you even care? What are you a weirdo stalker? *nervous laughter*"

Not really.
[+]
First Page 2