Question About Job Points

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Question About Job Points
Question About Job Points
By Fribbit 2021-09-14 10:52:33  
Just wondering what the priority would be for spending job points or if it really matters all that much. It doesn't seem like any category is far and away a huge upgrade, but maybe I'm just dumb. I've been focusing mainly on "Ninjitsu Cast Time," but after that I'm not sure where to go. "Ninjitsu ACC Bonus," "Tactical Parry Effect" and "Issekigan Effect" seem like decent choices. "Innin Effect" as well.

EDIT: For Ninja, of course. Probably should have mentioned that in the title or something up-top.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-14 11:37:52  
They are all situation dependent, but I think where you went with Ninjutsu Cast Time was the correct neutral option, since you will always be casting so you always get use from it immediately.

Ninjutsu Accuracy only matters if you are casting debuffs (and nuking to an extent).

Innin is cool when you can use Innin .

Yonin might be good if you are in a situation where you are tanking, which is kind of rare.

Issekigan is on a JA timer, only applicable to tanking.

Futae/Elemental Ninjutsu Effect only applicable when nuking, the former on a terrible JA timer.

Tactical Parry is nifty, but I wish it was considered a "retaliation" instead of a counter. That way you get bonus TP for the attack. I hate "chance" kind of skills. if you don't tank or solo this is kind of a nothingburger.

Again, situational skills, none really that important. But I would prob go Cast Time > Innin > Elemental Ninjutsu (because I nuke), Ninjutsu Macc > Rest don't matter.
By Fribbit 2021-09-14 11:46:46  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
They are all situation dependent, but I think where you went with Ninjutsu Cast Time was the correct neutral option, since you will always be casting so you always get use from it immediately.

Ninjutsu Accuracy only matters if you are casting debuffs (and nuking to an extent).

Innin is cool when you can use Innin .

Yonin might be good if you are in a situation where you are tanking, which is kind of rare.

Issekigan is on a JA timer, only applicable to tanking.

Futae/Elemental Ninjutsu Effect only applicable when nuking, the former on a terrible JA timer.

Tactical Parry is nifty, but I wish it was considered a "retaliation" instead of a counter. That way you get bonus TP for the attack. I hate "chance" kind of skills. if you don't tank or solo this is kind of a nothingburger.

Again, situational skills, none really that important. But I would prob go Cast Time > Innin > Elemental Ninjutsu (because I nuke), Ninjutsu Macc > Rest don't matter.

Fair enough. Thanks a lot! Definitely a lot situational stuff, which is why I was so confused. I was a bit surprised when I was looking over them for the first time because most jobs have at least one(or several in some cases) category that is so bonkers good that you'd be dumb not to max it out as fast as possible and NIN just doesn't have that(Ninjitsu Cast Time seeming to be the closest option to that).