users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dumb Vagary Question
Dumb Vagary Question
 Fenrir.Ramzus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-08-04 16:02:49  
I haven't done Vagary in forever, so I'm having some trouble remembering. Anyone remember how to pop Plouton/Perfidien? I know all the objectives, but for some reason, I can't get the "bathed in blood/bathed in darkness" messages upon zone entry. I have the Prototype pearl of Ashen Wings/False King key items. I tried entering at least 3 or 4 different times and I never once got the message when entering, so I couldn't pop either of them.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-08-04 16:15:48  
Sometimes you don't get the message (especially on asura) because the servers are not great in instances. This is more likely with a large alliance, it seems. You can still pop them even if it doesn't load, provided you met all the conditions. The condition met messages get lost frequently, too.

Besides that, TOAUSOA progress, prototype KI x3, do reqs.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-08-04 16:50:08  
By 3 prototype KI, do you mean a normal prototype sigil pearl? Does that mean I have to enter on a different character so I retain mine? I tried that, too, and it still didn't work lol. It's possible the messages were lost because I was in a full alliance, but I tried the objectives and didn't get any of the 4 possible messages I was willing to try up until
By SimonSes 2021-08-04 16:53:38  
Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
By 3 prototype KI, do you mean a normal prototype sigil pearl? Does that mean I have to enter on a different character so I retain mine? I tried that, too, and it still didn't work lol. It's possible the messages were lost because I was in a full alliance, but I tried the objectives and didn't get any of the 4 possible messages I was willing to try up until

He means KIs for killing 3 other bosses.
EDIT: but you have/had them since you say you have ashen Wings/False King.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-08-04 16:57:09  
Well, I don't have them 'cause I exchanged them for the ashen wings.

Anyway, I tried entering again (I haven't gone in since the last time I tried) and I got the message this time. Okay. Guess it was extreme packet loss. Thanks for the help!