Options For Storing More Items & Equipment?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Options for storing more Items & Equipment?
Options for storing more Items & Equipment?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-06-30 14:15:37  
Hi everyone. SquareEnix recently addressed inventory issues in the game by telling us they are looking at ways to alleviate the problem without adding to loading times. As I browsed through my bags & mules, I wondered about items I'd love to be able to trade to a NPC for safekeeping. We have several NPCs already doing this job, and it's smart because we can come back and get what we want when we actually need them.

I'm aware we cannot store augmented equipment due to the games limitations, so it's not an option. In the lists below, I have provided items & equipment which are unsendable or classed as collectibles.

The Unsendables

- Omen Scales
- Abdhaljs Items
- Equipment from Selbina High Tier Battlefields
- Mission Rewards (eg. Glory Crown, Adoulin's Refuge +1, Adoulin Rings/Earrings etc.)
- Other Equipment (eg. Alchemist's Cuffs)
- Mog Kupons/Pells

Collectibles

On our travels we pick up many collectibles. Sometimes we need thousands of an item to upgrade a piece of equipment. If you're like me, you like to plan ahead by storing them long before starting the process. All of the following items can be sent over to mules, but it's annoying to have to send thousands over, to later have to send them all back. It shouldn't need to be this way.

Here are some items I'd like to see become storable.

#1. Beitetsu/Pluton/Riftborn Boulder/Alexandrite/HP-Bayld/Heavy Metal/Riftdross/Riftcinder/Dynamis Currency/Umbral Marrow/Mulcibar Scoria etc.

#2. Lustreless, Dynamis-D, Omen cards, Swart Astral Detritus, Heroism & Delve/Vagary Items

#3. Food/Medicine (Provisions)

#4. Increase Reisenjima Stone Capacity

#5. Ammunition + Waist Dispensers

#6. Upgrade Armor Storage NPCs to include Superior & Other Equipment

1) I'm aware it's better to just trade Alex to Paparoon when you're building a Mythic, but what if you are on the Beitetsu stage of another weapon or you're hoarding Alex, but have yet to get your Vigil Weapon?

2) Self explanatory. You need many stacks of Lustreless per piece, several stacks of Detritus per weapon, along with many other items to reforge Artifact/Relic/Empyrean equipment.

3) When your friend sends you 12 stacks of Omelette Sandwiches but you don't want to keep a buffet on your main character. Think about how useful it would be to have a stockpile you can go to at a moment's notice. It'd work like the Crystal storage Moogle, but the major hurdle is dealing with the variety of items the game has. Perhaps make it so you have to pick the type you want to store and the NPC has a limit on how many types you can trade?

4) Why is this so limited? It doesn't make any sense. Quadruple capacity.

5) For the Rangers & Corsairs out there, I think it's a huge disservice to have to wait so long for our Weapons (or dispensers) to give us a new stack of ammo. We know the hardships of running out of ammunition and not being able to do anything about it. Let us stockpile ammunition and the dispensers for when we need them.

6) Remember the old armor storage NPCs in the starting nations? Many won't know they exist, because they only store regular pieces of equipment from the level 75 era. Allow us to store Superior (and others if possible) armor here, so if we need to change job we don't need to log to a mule to find the gear.

Suggestion: If SquareEnix consider adding another type of Inventory bag alongside Wardrobes, I'd suggest something which exclusively stores JSE equipment like RMEA weapons, Ambuscade capes, Reforged equipment and others. The first two cannot be stored or sent over. There are 70 RMEAs, and I believe those who spend a great deal of time collecting them shouldn't be punished by being unable to store them somewhere they can be used right away.

Their dedication should be rewarded with some support. SE mentioned further Empyrean Reforging is being planned, which only creates another problem an exclusive JSE bag would help with. The main issue behind the idea is that it would add to loading times, so I'm never expecting anything like it to happen.

With that said, I'd like to know if there are any other items & equipment you would like to see become storable. I'm willing to update this with your suggestions. I'm not expecting anything to come of this, am just curious to know how SE could help with inventory if they wanted too. Thank you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-30 15:25:48  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I have provided items & equipment which are unsendable
Omen Cards
Equipment from All High Tier Battlefields

Cards and HTBF equipment from earlier fights can be sent to mules. I think it's only the new Selbina-HTBF gear that is not sendable, for whatever reason.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-06-30 16:08:29  
while i'd like to see some sort of storage for currencies like alex, beitetsu, hp-bayld and so on i don't think SE will add anything like that. it's most likely better that way cause the inventory pressure makes ppl consider to sell it and that keeps the market alive.

however there are countless other items where some sort of storage feature is perfectly justified.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-06-30 16:47:51  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I have provided items & equipment which are unsendable
Omen Cards
Equipment from All High Tier Battlefields

Cards and HTBF equipment from earlier fights can be sent to mules. I think it's only the new Selbina-HTBF gear that is not sendable, for whatever reason.

Made some edits, thanks.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-30 16:55:29  
Shichishito said: »
while i'd like to see some sort of storage for currencies like alex, beitetsu, hp-bayld and so on i don't think SE will add anything like that. it's most likely better that way cause the inventory pressure makes ppl consider to sell it and that keeps the market alive.

Sell it? Wait, I need to tell my mule sitting on 10k+ Riftborn Boulders, or my other mule sitting on 10k+ Plutons...

But yeah SE gets my $1 so they're probably fine with me not having a better way to store those ;)
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-30 17:01:15  
Every hoarded thing is just eating up space.

Essentially everything you're hoarding for later will be cheaper. You're losing money and wasting space and loading times for no reason. Nothing (is supposed to) go up in value.

You do never know, I was holding 200 scarletite for crafting when they made aeonics and scarletites randomly went from 10k to a mil+ each... but yeah, that's not how it usually works. It's silly to sit on partial stacks/piles of random ***. You know you hold 9 darksteel ores cause you're totally gonna make those into ingots and use them one day... 5 years ago.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-30 17:04:42  
Suggestion: If SquareEnix consider adding another type of Inventory bag alongside Wardrobes, I'd suggest something which exclusively stores JSE equipment like RMEA weapons, Ambuscade capes, Reforged equipment and others. The first two cannot be stored or sent over. There are 70 RMEAs, and I believe those who spend a great deal of time collecting them shouldn't be punished by being unable to store them somewhere they can be used right away.

Very similar to my dream scenario (that I am not getting my hopes up for, but let me have my dream!). Each job gets an individual wardrobe that is only active while on that job (my SAM bag acts like Mog Storage when I'm on another job, but as soon as I change to SAM I can access it like a Wardrobe).

I wouldn't restrict by type of item being JSE, R/E, or anything like that though. Just let me stick whatever I want in a bag that's only for that job, if it can go into a Wardrobe it can go into the "Jobbie Bag". For instance, my Ratri gear for DRK is only usable on DRK (despite not being R/E), I might use a particular Reisenjima augmented armor only on one job (say, pet augments on a Herculean piece for my PUP), I might stick some Jhakri gear in a BLU bag since my main doesn't have any of the other Jhakri jobs leveled, etc.

This would instantly solve all my inventory woes.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-30 17:08:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Every hoarded thing is just eating up space.

Essentially everything you're hoarding for later will be cheaper. You're losing money and wasting space and loading times for no reason. Nothing (is supposed to) go up in value.

On one hand... this is true.

On the other... when my lazy *** gets around to finishing my lv75 Annihilator trials, I don't really want to have to do the lengthy process of scrounging up 10k Plutons for AG stage and hoping there aren't too many other people with the same idea buying up all the decently priced ones. I'm happy to have them ready to go, from stuff I farmed myself or bought for a good price.

Sometimes prices may drop and you bought at a higher price, too bad. I find it worth the convenience though. And sometimes prices shoot UP due to a lot of people on a particular server making a type of weapon at the same time, meta/trends making something popular (Beits went up substantially at the height of the Nirvana bandwagon), etc.
By Shichishito 2021-06-30 17:43:11  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sell it? Wait, I need to tell my mule sitting on 10k+ Riftborn Boulders, or my other mule sitting on 10k+ Plutons...

But yeah SE gets my $1 so they're probably fine with me not having a better way to store those ;)
wether you hold them on your main or your mule they'll still occupy inventory space and therefore a incentive to sell them. if you could just store them at a NPC most none RMTs would start hoarding cause there is always that next bandwagon and the associated REMA for it.

if you store those rifborn,pluton and beitetsu in singles then you're doing it wrong ;)
By Chimerawizard 2021-06-30 17:47:06  
We have an NPC for turning arrows/bolts/bullets into pouches of them which also stack.
Let's get some pouches for that currency.
We already have beitetsu coffer for beits, boulders, plutons. Just add an npc that can turn a stack into a coffer.
Just gotta add versions for many of the other collectibles with a guaranteed 99 inside.

I get they don't want us doing selbina HTBF's on one character then use those items to farm dyna D or w/e more easily on all 16 characters on said account so they won't easily add 'sendable to same account'. Instead, just add them to a slip or add a slip for them. I'd suggest changing the flavor text on 28 and dumping them in there. plenty of room for them.

Also, add r15 relic weapons & r25 necks to slip 27. r15 mythic/ergons to slip 25. w/e they add a slip for empy+3, stick r15 empyreans & aeonics there too.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2021-06-30 18:12:16  
give us a way to consolidate Ambuscade capes. you cannot store these on an NPC and I have jobs with up to 8 or 9 of the damned things
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-30 18:13:53  
fillerbunny9 said: »
give us a way to consolidate Ambuscade capes. you cannot store these on an NPC and I have jobs with up to 8 or 9 of the damned things

Ambuscade capes are such a pain in the *** and they're largely identical (the augments). Such a douchebag idea to eat up space by making them jse.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-06-30 19:23:12  

Hear me out: JSE bags.

Only loads while you're on that job.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-30 19:25:35  
He can't see my post, I already mentioned that (multiple times) and the problem with it is square is incapable of making that type of thing work with rare items.

Not that it isn't the best idea, and can totally and should be done, but square literally can't make it work due to incompetence.

And it's already proven they can't, see; COP ring glitch when sack was added (or satchel, whichever)
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-06-30 22:12:27  
or my other mule sitting on 10k+ Plutons...

I don't really want to have to do the lengthy process of scrounging up 10k Plutons

Which one is it?
By Vaerix 2021-06-30 22:49:58  
Jetackuu said: »

Hear me out: JSE bags.

Only loads while you're on that job.

I had this exact same thought, when they announced they were going to work on storage and I do think it's a great idea. My second idea which I also think could work very well as far as bringing up back slots is allowing set to stack together you create one item. The way I envisioned this working is your malignant set after you receive all five pieces you trade to a porter Moogle and he returns one item called malignant attire. For jse pieces, all of the items would have to be at the same upgrade level and you would receive the set name attire plus one, plus two, plus three Etc. This could be a huge inventory help for su3 pieces, abjuration sets, jse sets and so on.

Apologies for any weird syntax, using talk to text
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-30 23:26:28  
I agree with capes being a big problem for storage. But I feel like Storage Slips in general are one of the more tiring aspects of storing and retrieving gear and go against the whole spirit of a gear repository. I shouldn't have to first locate the appropriate storage slip, trade it to the moogle, and then be able to get my gear. Seems like an unnecessary extra step that robs you of time. The issue is even exacerbated in events like Sheol: Gaol.

Plenty of NPCs store items for you and recall which items you have already traded to them. The NPC Ghanraam, for example, stores all of your Vigil Weapons' for a simple fee. I wonder why they didn't just make Porter Moogles exactly like this. Just talk to him and he tells you which ones you've completed, and you can retrieve and store without needing any tickets. Maybe there is a technical limitation I am not aware of. That would be at the top of my list of QOL improvements for storage. Would instantly give me back around 25 Bag slots.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-30 23:27:50  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

I don't really want to have to do the lengthy process of scrounging up 10k Plutons

Which one is it?

2nd one meant I don't want to have to start from 0 once I hit the 10k Pluton/Beit/Boulder stage. Takes a while to gather them all, and it doesn't take many people on your server getting the idea to do the same weapon type at the same time to make it a bit of a fight for the reasonably priced bazaars, or to inflate prices in the short term (and my luck is really good for prices going up RIGHT when I decide to get a certain thing). Better when I see a good deal, like some dude bazaaring 3000 of them for 1k/each, grabbing them and holding em on mule while I work on the weapon that will need them.

I don't hoard em unless I'm at least somewhat working on a weapon, but like... I've been working on a Twashtar at a fairly leisurely pace, currently halfway done with Orthrus Claws. Already have my 1500 HMPs, 60 riftdross, and 10k boulders sitting on a mule ready for me, and that feels nice to be able to just immediately turn stuff in instead of camping AH/bazaars for days to finish the thing. Maybe more of an issue on smaller population servers, too.

All that being said... I feel like they coulda let you store up to a max of 10k of each type on Oboro or something. Kinda like the NPCs that store Beastmen's seals, or Alluvion or Reisenjima stones.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-06-30 23:43:42  
At the rate that you rats are hoarding stuff, the majority of this game will consist of loading the inventory instead of any actual gameplay.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-01 00:31:13  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

Which one is it?

2nd one meant I don't want to have to start from 0 once I hit the 10k Pluton/Beit/Boulder stage. Takes a while to gather them all, and it doesn't take many people on your server getting the idea to do the same weapon type at the same time to make it a bit of a fight for the reasonably priced bazaars, or to inflate prices in the short term (and my luck is really good for prices going up RIGHT when I decide to get a certain thing). Better when I see a good deal, like some dude bazaaring 3000 of them for 1k/each, grabbing them and holding em on mule while I work on the weapon that will need them.

I don't hoard em unless I'm at least somewhat working on a weapon, but like... I've been working on a Twashtar at a fairly leisurely pace, currently halfway done with Orthrus Claws. Already have my 1500 HMPs, 60 riftdross, and 10k boulders sitting on a mule ready for me, and that feels nice to be able to just immediately turn stuff in instead of camping AH/bazaars for days to finish the thing. Maybe more of an issue on smaller population servers, too.

All that being said... I feel like they coulda let you store up to a max of 10k of each type on Oboro or something. Kinda like the NPCs that store Beastmen's seals, or Alluvion or Reisenjima stones.

I was thinking the same thing, you should be able to store some of these things as you progress through the earlier stages. It's worse on smaller servers because the supply isn't always there, so you plan weeks, if not months ahead by stockpiling, so when you finally get to that point you have plenty and don't have to wait.

It's also good to buy these items in a timely manner, for example, heavy metals during a Voidwatch campaign. You get what you can and keep them til you have done your earlier trials. By that time the campaign may have ended and the price rises again. You could sell them back, but then you'd have to wait for the price to drop again, and then you have no items to trade.

I don't see anything wrong with hoarding items you're at least 95% sure you will use in the next few months, but I'm not a fan of keeping random items for no good reason. We have enough issues with space as it is.

Really wish we could do this, but imagine the stats you'd need to have on a single piece to outdo 8 or 9 ambu backs??? The item box wouldn't contain it all, lol. I bet some players would still make a few capes just to cover things this superman cape doesn't.
[+]
By Freazer 2021-07-01 00:55:37  
I'd personally pay for another wardrobe or 2!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Freazer 2021-07-01 01:11:59  
Leviathan.Vanfrano said: »
We shouldn't have to pay (even less monthly) for a problem they created themselves.

either way i'd still pay! 80/80 in all wardrobe slots kinda holding me from doing other jobs currently
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-07-01 15:57:38  
Freazer said: »
Leviathan.Vanfrano said: »
We shouldn't have to pay (even less monthly) for a problem they created themselves.

either way i'd still pay! 80/80 in all wardrobe slots kinda holding me from doing other jobs currently

I agree with Vanfrano, it should be FREE on at least 1 and paid on other.

having issues with 80/80 on all except for inventory and Mog Satchel being 77/80 is not fun.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-01 16:01:43  
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
should be FREE on at least 1 and paid on other

The game gives you two free Wardrobes already, 1&2. You pay for 3&4. Your mules also all get access to paid wardrobes on your main, so technically those are already "paid". What exactly are you asking for to be free?
[+]
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2021-07-01 16:09:01  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
should be FREE on at least 1 and paid on other

The game gives you two free Wardrobes already, 1&2. You pay for 3&4. Your mules also all get access to paid wardrobes on your main, so technically those are already "paid". What exactly are you asking for to be free?

Token of their appreciation for the customers still being around after so many failed attempts to restart a game where they give no content/fill its repetitive actions and on top of that they are not even listening to their own customers (Kind of make us all feel like we are just Cattle for the slaughter).

I realize they "Need" money (they don't) to keep servers going, but charging us when they are the ones that caused the issue in the first place for a lack of planning while designing for the growth of a game seems unjust.

So they want to charge, fine, but give us something as an added bonus OR at least make sure some items are able to be sent to the mules, such as Ambuscade capes/items, Omen Scales, few others that doesn't make sense why they can't be mulled over.

Not trying to create a fight here, just stating what I seen throughout the years of playing.

SEI refuses to contract NEW programmers to code content due to the cost of it, yet they expect the consumers to keep buying like they did when they actually released good content.

Time to go back to my work now, just snooping at forums and saw this, so thought would share my point of view.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-01 16:17:16  
It really does kind of boggle the mind. You know they've done cost/profit analysis for more inventory, as they're currently "working on it" but why did it take so long.

The longer it took to do the less the gain from doing it. You don't wait and see with easy money. Let's just pretend that inventory has only really been an issue for 5 years. That's like 6 million dollars left on the table. ($2 a month, 50k players) Certainly it would've been less than 6 million to add another bag. (including coding, hardware, servers, hiring etc)((because, they're finally doing it now, so)) Also sure, 6 million is chump change, but it also may have saved some subs too.

And then again you realize they simply do dumb ***like avengers and it makes sense in that it doesn't make sense lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-07-01 16:47:33  

Really wish we could do this, but imagine the stats you'd need to have on a single piece to outdo 8 or 9 ambu backs??? The item box wouldn't contain it all, lol. I bet some players would still make a few capes just to cover things this superman cape doesn't.

Here's a suggestion that would be incredibly easy to implement: a blank all jobs cape that doesn't have any job-specific base stats, but can be augmented the same as any other Ambu cape. I'd imagine most people have multiple jobs that could use things like:
- DEX/Acc&Atk/STP
- STR/Acc&Atk/WSD
- Fast Cast

With those three capes for all jobs, I could get rid of 10+ single job ambuscade backs for some significant inventory relief.

You'd still probably want at least 1 JSE cape per job for the unique base stats, but the majority of those are for a niche use or JA macro pieces. Some jobs do have capes with base stats that actually impact your TP/WS output (say, WAR and THF with DA/TA damage+, DNC with crit dmg+), but most do not. So either make a job specific cape for those jobs (just like we already have to do today), or settle for a slightly inferior version (but probably still second best option in the slot) if it's a job you want to gear well but might be fine giving up absolute BiS.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-01 16:52:19  
I don't know how much of a coding nightmare it would be but I'm still all in on a chameleon cape.

It's all 22 capes, it simply changes the base cape based on job. How hard could that possibly be to make. You change jobs, your cape changes. No different than changing weapons and your weaponskills change. It's not rocket science.

You carry one STR+30 acc/att+20 DA+10 cape and it simply shifts from Cichol's to Sigomo's to Toutis's based on job.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-01 17:27:25  
They could release capes like they have with necklace +2s, but you have to do something which isn't Dynamis-D or Odyssey to raise its rank points. It needs to be ranked up in strong content so players who aren't geared enough still have a reason to make them. After all, Ambuscade equipment was always meant for casual players as a stopgap to better things.

The stats would have to be balanced (oh no!) to cover as many copies of JSE capes as possible, so SE would have to do actual research to find out what players are using. Like on melee jobs, it would need to cover accuracy, attack, store tp, multi-attack, WSdmg, damage taken and magic evasion. It would be a godly piece, but such an awesome space saver.
First Page 2