言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » T1-2 Spell Spam
T1-2 Spell Spam
By Kasumuni88 2021-06-17 03:45:55  
Just a thought....

But what if we keep getting spell damage added to our new gear, for us to spam Tier 1 and 2 spells for increased numbers and TP generation?

Surely with fast cast and Magic Damage it would be similar to swinging?
By Aoibhe 2021-06-17 05:32:06  
Just waitin' for them to add triple attack for nukes.
 Asura.Wotasu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-06-17 05:53:58  
There's still a general action timeout between each spell.
A hasted & stp roll DD can toss out a Ws more or less sametime you can put out a t1-2,
and Skillchain for even more dmg.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-17 07:13:32  
Just gives me an idea for a "mode" job ability that turns auto attacks in range into auto nukes (that function as auto attacks do) and let's them build tp for magicskills which do damage based on your current magic related stats (instead of weaponskills).

Magic skills would skillchain, and your auto nukes following the skillchain would magic burst (with no damage penalty on successive ones) until the normal mb window closes

The auto nuke and magic skill types the blm could use would be given from new items in the ring/ammo slots, which would also determine base stats, delay of auto nukes before haste, etc. Or maybe even the glove slot could have an augment for what types of fast spells could be "thrown" out. Auto nukes are delay based and magic skills are instant because the power for these is coming from the items you're wearing and not the mage themselves.

I figure it's like magical items on your hands/fingers that enable the auto nukes (rings) and magic skills (gloves), but they require some sort of charging or repowering up, so maybe that's where a new consumable type in the ammo slot comes into play. Aether or mana or liquid Schwartz or something. Run out of ammo? Your magic gloves / rings ain't gonna let you do that fancy stuff anymore and you're back to being a standard blm till you get more. Thankfully it's an easily buyable consumable from an npc in the Valhalla region of the final voracious resurgence area (like sea/sky).

There, blm becomes a normal ranged dd with adequate magic based dmg/delay and a consumable ammo item that's npc only (you can AH, but not craft) that drains away inflation gil from the game
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-06-18 06:09:08  
It would be a lot cooler if everyone didn't treat jobs with the Rickibobbi mentality of "If you ain't 1st you're last." Even if blm mostly is last these days lol.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-18 07:37:50  
Asura.Jdove said: »
It would be a lot cooler if everyone didn't treat jobs with the Rickibobbi mentality of "If you ain't 1st you're last." Even if blm mostly is last these days lol.
Except they don't, in general. Non-1st jobs are quite popular these days, but BLM's flaws are large enough to justifiably make them rejected in most situations.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-07-11 05:13:32  
Low tier spam sounds great, enjoy the wall.
 Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-07-11 05:15:27  
Also, enjoy the *** who claim to love BLM, yet adamantly argue that the wall is necessary because other wise FFXI will explode and everything will be too easy.
By SimonSes 2021-07-11 05:23:25  
Kasumuni88 said: »
Just a thought....

But what if we keep getting spell damage added to our new gear, for us to spam Tier 1 and 2 spells for increased numbers and TP generation?

Surely with fast cast and Magic Damage it would be similar to swinging?

This was my idea to fix BLM, that I posted like a year ago.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55671/frustrated/3/#3561715

This link is not from year ago, but also not the first time I mentioned it.

Also further about it

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55671/frustrated/3/#3561715
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-07-11 09:35:11  
people spammed T1s/T2s back when +mDMG was first added and they altered the spell calculations/recasts, this isn't a new idea
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-07-11 10:27:07  
I wish they had stances available like impetus or something along those lines in basically a stance to free nuke and remove the ability to burst but increases your free nuke dmg during the stance and maybe even another stance that increases burst dmg and accuracy or something
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2021-07-11 16:24:41  
Kasumuni88 said: »

Just to be clear, spell damage in no way affects TP generation from occult acumen in case that was what you were implying.
 Bismarck.Batton
サーバ: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-07-11 19:08:55  
right, you're thinking of MP to TP gain.

Napkin math fighting Outer RaKaz bats: Adding magic damage to your build is around 1/2(+ or - some %) as effective as adding MAB. There are a few slots where you can see an increase (ammo slot for example), but most of the time it wont be able to compete with Amalric's set bonus. We need ALOT of M.Dmg to even see it being worth anything. I got excited when I seen the stats on Mallquis when I returned, but when I started testing, I realized why no one talks about Mallquis gear...
 Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-07-14 13:11:08  
Seeing as how SE will likely never unfuck BLM and make us BLM again, they need to give us an A rating in staff and some decent melee gear so we can spam Earth Crusher, and keep Burn active on the mob for the whole 3-6 seconds its alive.
 Asura.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Asura.Draylo 2021-07-14 15:23:44  
The more they keep "fixing" jobs by just increasing their damage output, the faster we become like the FFX endgame. You just 99,999 every hit and the characters with multi hit attacks become the strongest. I don't know why they keep increasing our strength when its not even needed. I'd like other ways to even out the differences between jobs.

One of the biggest ways is by actually balancing new NMs so that the same overbuffed savage blade garbage strat can't be abused. They did ok with the new Odyseey t4 so they should continue in that. One of them is more inclined to magical damage so people have been using BLM for it (not to say that's the only possible way, but its one of the safer and more efficient.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-14 16:22:52  
Quote:
One of them is more inclined to magical damage so people have been using BLM for it (not to say that's the only possible way, but its one of the safer and more efficient.)

Unless there's some hidden mechanic that nobody has caught onto after 4 months of his release, magic burst IS the only possible way to kill ongo on veng 15. He has too much damage taken reduction to all other forms of damage. Only earth magic can hurt him with any degree of usefulness.
By suuhja 2021-07-14 16:38:12  
in before earth/rock crusher zerg
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-07-14 19:15:35  
Asura.Draylo said: »
You just 99,999 every hit and the characters with multi hit attacks become the strongest. I don't know why they keep increasing our strength when its not even needed.
That... sounds kinda awesome

Being obscenely overpowered is why I play rpgs!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-07-14 21:20:46  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
One of them is more inclined to magical damage so people have been using BLM for it (not to say that's the only possible way, but its one of the safer and more efficient.)

Unless there's some hidden mechanic that nobody has caught onto after 4 months of his release, magic burst IS the only possible way to kill ongo on veng 15. He has too much damage taken reduction to all other forms of damage. Only earth magic can hurt him with any degree of usefulness.

I think he's glitched because I seem to do the exact same damage during his aura as without. And if we have Rayke x3 on or Subtle Sorcery up then all his silliness goes away.