Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-04-04 20:21:49  
Last Update!
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-05 06:23:59  
What do you think about the tone of these missions? I'm worried they are trying to go a much more lighthearted route with this story and it doesn't fit with the game imo.

I bailed on the missions after the first few because they were kind of silly, I like the stories to have some grandeur about them or at least take themselves seriously.
[+]
By stillmatic14 2022-04-05 07:33:12  
You read my mind with this one.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-04-05 07:41:20  
RadialArcana said: »
What do you think about the tone of these missions? I'm worried they are trying to go a much more lighthearted route with this story and it doesn't fit with the game imo.

I bailed on the missions after the first few because they were kind of silly, I like the stories to have some grandeur about them or at least take themselves seriously.

If anything, it felt mashed and rushed to me so far- almost like SE is trying to tie too much together and pretend its a Christopher Nolan film and sync it all up in the last 3 minutes, only to leave its audience gong "WTF just happened" as the top spins.

...only there's no "AHA!" moment, just a whole lotta WTF.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-04-05 08:04:39  
RadialArcana said: »
What do you think about the tone of these missions?

In General, or these last couple of missions?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-07 03:46:03  
This is very much a Jump the Shark style of storyline and there is very little TLC to be had. The whole segment in Altepa in particular is full of *** pulls and it kind of pissed me off.

So far, to me, it feels like a cheaper, less impactful Rhapsodies featuring the characters that weren't invited to Rhapsodies. It isn't bad, but it's exactly what I'd expect as a "were trying as hard as we can guys" from the dozen people who are probably still allowed to work on ffxi.

There are some good moments that I've genuinely liked, but man the overall narrative has been sparse even though we're 7 chapters in.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-07 08:18:07  
The Altepa part was great, giving background info on something that's been a myatery for 20 years.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-07 08:22:55  
Yeah the galka stuff is the only thing I've found interesting
 Bahamut.Unagihito
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-04-07 09:07:02  
I'm just happy to have a story where all of the characters don't treat you like they're just meeting you for the first time, even if the writing when interacting with your character is pretty stiff.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2022-05-01 17:42:38  
 Asura.Darkcloudx
By Asura.Darkcloudx 2022-05-01 18:39:48  
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »

It's revealed in the SMN AF quest line
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-05-01 19:22:04  
I swear this whole storyline feels like the writers of it had a Christopher Nolan moment and thought "hey, he gets away with 2 hours if disjoint thoughts and wraps it all up cogently in the last 5 minutes, I'm sure we can pull that off!"
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By Madhax64 2022-06-12 03:12:52  
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »

IIRC, there is some interview from like a decade ago about them wanting to do something with the Maelstrom Mage but never having the chance. I don't think the game has ever come out and said who it was, but it has always been intended to be this way

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-06-14 09:41:33  
Dridian42 said: »
Hmmm, wonder if anyone has picked up on Chaos? As Chaos was the Boss in FFI with a similar plot line.

Plenty of people have.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-06-14 10:02:55  
These two new missions for June requiring campaign NPC's was a bit annoying. Started them the day after the update only to find out Noi was injured.

Ended up clearing out the entire campaign map just make sure there would no more interruptions. lol
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-06-14 10:20:38  
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-06-14 13:10:27  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
I'm actually kind of curious if the Dvergr that made the Prime Weapons is the nameless "Master" from Vagary...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-15 13:09:45  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
These two new missions for June requiring campaign NPC's was a bit annoying. Started them the day after the update only to find out Noi was injured.

Ended up clearing out the entire campaign map just make sure there would no more interruptions. lol
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-06-15 17:02:57  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Was the Vagary Dvergr's name ever given in-game? I thought the name was never revealed and they were simply known as "the master."
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-06-15 17:55:06  
He introduces himself to you the first time you obtain the Prototype Pearl of Ashen Wings.
[+]
 Asura.Voltaren
user: Morte2020
By Asura.Voltaren 2022-06-24 13:05:15  
Titorinho said: »
Sylph.Chocobro said: »
mmm...

CREAM
Cash rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. Get tha money
Dolla dolla bills yall

Someone else has tortured themselves with the movie Steel
 Valefor.Issacxx
By Valefor.Issacxx 2022-06-28 13:08:46  
Is Noilluire ever not injured or in a campaign battle? I was at the Egg Discovery Site for 7 hours yesterday and she was never available. Today there were no Sandorian campaign's going on, she was in town, and I went to check and she was injured. Do I have to wait until the Red Rose are in a battle and go and make sure she doesn't get hurt then rush to the Discovery site?
By SimonSes 2022-06-28 14:20:47  
Dridian42 said: »
I'm still thinking that the weapons will be of the Nomad Mog Bonanza! and the fact that they brought in the relic weapons and made reference to them in the last mission as not being significantly strong compared to the prime weapons suggests to me that they used the relics to set us on a path to understand a time line. As relics had a different power but were not of the prime weapons.

You literally have that dark goblin running around the whole TVR with Prime Great Sword (its his ancestor's sword and he used it to crack the World Eater Egg in Beaucedine Glacier and only Prime weapon can crack those eggs wide open like that) and you have below illustration in game when they talk about Prime weapons. Also Delkfutt said that only Prime should be able to crack WEE, so he is surprised that Noilluire did it with relic, but then he suggest that Relics are after all just made by same guy and similar, but weaker, so it's possible they are enough, or maybe it's just wielder skill too. It's not Bonanza weapons, deal with it.

[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2022-06-28 14:59:28  
Valefor.Issacxx said: »
Is Noilluire ever not injured or in a campaign battle? I was at the Egg Discovery Site for 7 hours yesterday and she was never available. Today there were no Sandorian campaign's going on, she was in town, and I went to check and she was injured. Do I have to wait until the Red Rose are in a battle and go and make sure she doesn't get hurt then rush to the Discovery site?
Pretty much. She likes to hang around Vunkerl, not sure about other zones. In my case I went there and her unit was just hanging around waiting for a battle to start. After some period of time they just warped and then like a minute later the fight was available.

So yeah if you're serious about not wasting your time I'd track the Campaign messages and make sure her unit doesn't get wiped out.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-28 15:57:34  
Yeah there is an NPC who will tell you where each unit is stationed in the starting towns [s]. She's usually at Vunkerl like mentioned above. You just camp where she is and wait to knock out the campaign battles that come at them.

Campaign battles can take like 30 minutes because of slow pathing so check around the area the mobs are coming with wide scan near the bottom of the list to see if more are otw but stuck. Also some campaign battles involve more than 1 force showing up so you might still have to wait around for awhile. Once it's over and her forces warp out, you really want to get there quickly to start the CS in case of dumb luck.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2022-06-28 20:54:45  
I have a question. I tried to finish 8-3, but Noillurie was dead or whatever when I checked yesterday. Do I have to wait for next campaign tally to try again?