フォーラム » FFXI » General » Voracious Resurgence SPOILER Edition
Voracious Resurgence SPOILER Edition
 Asura.Essylt
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-06-14 06:25:02  
Heck said: »
I think ambuscade weapons are as much of an "Ultimate" weapon they are willing to add to the game anymore.

The current development strategy for XI is all about maximizing the amount of time that players are engaged with a piece of content vs effort spent by the dev team. And from that perspective, adding more ultimate weapons makes a lot of sense, so I fully expect that to happen within the next year or 2.

Ambuscade weapons were a step in that direction, but I don't believe that bonanza weapons will show up anywhere else.
By Heck 2021-06-14 08:00:16  
Asura.Essylt said: »
I think ambuscade weapons are as much of an "Ultimate" weapon they are willing to add to the game anymore.

The current development strategy for XI is all about maximizing the amount of time that players are engaged with a piece of content vs effort spent by the dev team. And from that perspective, adding more ultimate weapons makes a lot of sense, so I fully expect that to happen within the next year or 2.

Ambuscade weapons were a step in that direction, but I don't believe that bonanza weapons will show up anywhere else.

Would be unfortunate seeing as a lot of those weapons are good/unique. If anything it might be that they are just going to give you a 'choose 1 option' for them at at the end of voracious.
 Valefor.Heabea
サーバ: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2021-06-14 09:52:27  
waffle said: »
I might be remembering wrong, but isn't Ra'Kaznar, the gateway to Tartarus? We never went through to Tartarus of course, but I seem to recall that.
As for Alex and Odin, they represent Light and Dark as elements. Not as good and evil. Though Odin is always questionable, in particular since the Kindred answer to him.

I would question whether Odin has a relation to the Kindred in order to create hard times to create stronger mortals to be his Einharjar. Even in mythology Odin has very extreme methods, it would surprise me he would allow the whole crystal war as a way to get more einharjar for ragnarok.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Arciel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Spira
By Bahamut.Arciel 2021-08-25 01:36:50  
i like the direction they're going with this because its bringing up some of the mysteries that we've known for a while and filling us in more.

Olduum and Ramuul in particular is an interesting plot thread and i like how they managed to even tie Zeni NM bosses into the lore.

Theres also Valhalla and Odin.. i'm not ever surprised by Odin's involvement anymore but RoV did give an explanation as to why Odin does what he does. This time however, it does look like the mage they refer to as leading the rebellion is Garazu-Horeizu. The presence of Honoi-Gomoi and Uran-Mafran in the story also allude to this already.

Now the question is how this ties in with the world eater egg and the co destiny destroyers.
By Ruaumoko 2021-08-25 03:49:41  
Bahamut.Arciel said: »
i like the direction they're going with this because its bringing up some of the mysteries that we've known for a while and filling us in more.

Olduum and Ramuul in particular is an interesting plot thread and i like how they managed to even tie Zeni NM bosses into the lore.

Theres also Valhalla and Odin.. i'm not ever surprised by Odin's involvement anymore but RoV did give an explanation as to why Odin does what he does. This time however, it does look like the mage they refer to as leading the rebellion is Garazu-Horeizu. The presence of Honoi-Gomoi and Uran-Mafran in the story also allude to this already.

Now the question is how this ties in with the world eater egg and the co destiny destroyers.
Been considering doing a few videos on the story of Voracious so far and brainstorming where it may be going. Agreed with your points here.
By Wiking 2021-08-25 03:57:34  
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
Odin.Demhar said: »
Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, Aeonic, Celestial
You know another line of legendary weapons is coming. It's just a question of when. It's by far the easiest way SE can keep people subbed for a long time on a minimal investment.

Oh, like these thingies...?

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/nomadmogbon/#_20

I'm of the opinion that they're already here, just not implemented yet other than as prizes.

Crazy weapons.
By RadialArcana 2021-08-25 04:01:40  

They increased the amounts of times a year they hold these lotteries, those weapons were made specifically for this and will never be available anywhere else.
[+]
By Andresman2244 2021-08-25 06:19:11  
doodoodoodoodoodoodoodoodoodoodoo
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-08-25 07:41:41  

Mind refreshing my memory as to what RoV said about Odin please?

Despite doing the missions on multiple characters I can't for the life of me remember much of the story outside of the major plot tie ins.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2021-08-25 17:30:15  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Mind refreshing my memory as to what RoV said about Odin please?

Despite doing the missions on multiple characters I can't for the life of me remember much of the story outside of the major plot tie ins.

The Void is driven back by the conflict of Light and Darkness, personified by Altana and Promathia. Promathia's early death put this balance in peril so Altana appointed Odin as a proxy.

Never let it be said that Odin shirked his responsibilities to the Goddess.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-25 17:46:49  
Is there anywhere that has the entire plot of the expansions written down?
 Bahamut.Arciele
user: Spira
By Bahamut.Arciele 2021-08-28 09:58:57  
there isnt a complete collection of story summaries out there as far as i know.

my guess is the next part of the story involves going to the Mamool Ja in search of the Olduum Staff. thats like the next logical step
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-09-12 09:47:24  
So is the Falak idea gone? :( i was getting my hopes up that we could fight him. Also on this new cutscenes, did they just bring up Bahamut and Bismarck? :)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2021-11-11 00:10:53  
Does anyone know if there is an English translation of mission 4-3 (the soulflayer one that's still in japanese)?

tried using the power of google and no dice. thanks!

edit: nvm, I guess it's kinda self explanatory once you start the next mission ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Zubis 2021-12-11 07:26:01  
Dark/Black Weapons have arrived...

[+]
By macsdf1 2021-12-11 14:14:01  
well ***, guess i better start doing them. maybe they will be in by anniversary
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2021-12-11 14:37:58  
I took a screenshot of this too! I'm so excited. I've been saving Pluton and been thinking about making a few Relic if they are to be precursors of the Soul/Black Weapons.
By macsdf1 2021-12-11 21:33:17  
wouldn't it be crazy if had to trade in all DREAM gkt to make the new black gkt etc hehehaha?
[+]
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-12-11 22:16:34  
Time to make all the relics
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-12-12 09:05:31  
Would be really cool from a lore point of view if Relic weapons as we know them are revealed to be copies of or disenchanted versions of the Dark Relics.

I always thought the "backstory" behind Relic Weapons was interesting and deserved a bit more lore besides being the weapons of specific Hydra Corps members.
By RadialArcana 2021-12-12 11:26:01  
They won't do this but the way I would have black REMA unlocked would be via some kind of Linkshell currency similar to how unity works.

When people do content with your shell equipped the ls gets points, when they reach a certain amount of points as a LS these things get unlocked for everyone in it (if you have a glow rema). Could also make it an ongoing thing too, so you lose them and they go back to normal after a month of low participation.

The game needs to give people reasons to build and maintain shells again, that also encourages people to invite others outside of their core group and help them do stuff.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-12 11:28:50  
That would just encourage people to make dummy LSs that they just hand out to literally everyone they can, then the people just do the events with their own groups and pickups like normal.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [113 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-04-04 12:38:22  
After finishing VR mission 7-3
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-04-04 16:29:22  
Update
[+]
 Bismarck.Radec
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2022-04-04 17:04:52  
From dats, haven't done the quests yet:
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2022-04-04 18:05:48  
Does the mining portion feel... very bugged to anyone else? Four characters, two of them got it after about seven pickaxes each. The other two, I'm about a stack (of 99) and a half in and nothing yet. Zoned out and verified that the NPC had asked me to go get the item, same as the two who got it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-04 18:13:06  
I got it on my very first swing. It's possible it can only come from specific mining points or something.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-04-04 18:49:56  
I got mine from the first swing also. Likely just luck, but it was a Mining Point near the zone to Yhoator Jungle.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2022-04-04 19:59:21  
Bismarck.Radec said: »
From dats, haven't done the quests yet:
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP