[Gearswap]Swap To PDT Based On Target's Target?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » [Gearswap]Swap to PDT based on Target's Target?
[Gearswap]Swap to PDT based on Target's Target?
 Ragnarok.Punisha
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Altwight
By Ragnarok.Punisha 2021-04-13 21:46:08  
Is it possible for gearswap to parse whether or not the monster you're fighting is targetting you and then swapping to PDT?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-04-13 21:55:19  
I don't believe there is any way to actively and directly get the mob's target. It's just not something that the client gets access to.

You can get it via assist, but well, I don't suggest spamming assist packets at the level of frequency an addon or GS function would require to do this. It would be... very detectable by SE.

Could parse the log to see what the last target the mob hit was. But this would mean that the mob would always have to hit you at least once before you would swap gear. Which sucks. And there'd be the same delay after it changed target to someone else.

Or you could jury rig something based on the direction the mob is facing, but that can give false positives if there are multiple players on the same heading from the mobs. And some mobs don't turn to face when they decide to take a chunk outta you.

So, TLDR: No.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-04-14 03:07:49  
I remember there used to be an old school Whm trick to /assist the current mob and it will automatically lock your target to the person the monster is targeting.

Not sure if that work anymore.

But yeah, I think it's possible for the client to detect what' the mob is targeting.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-04-14 05:48:46  
That's what Martel said, but it's not client. When you do /assist, client sends server an assist packet and server responds to direct you what to target. It's not stored locally, you'd have to have your addon spam assist nonstop to use that as a method. Maybe not a big deal if one person did it, but if it got widespread then it'd pretty quickly become a meaningful amount of traffic and likely result in consequences.