Avatar Invisible Bug. [Or Avatar Favor Bug?]

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Avatar invisible Bug. [Or Avatar Favor bug?]
Avatar invisible Bug. [Or Avatar Favor bug?]
By renalaa 2021-03-02 00:39:01  
I don't know exactly how to word this better then the title says.

I have an issue with my avatars where when I summon them and get into a BCNM/battlefield type thing.. My pet goes invisible. It only happens with Avatar favor on. It also doesn't effect siren. I can see other peoples pet just fine. (I also haven't checked Alex/odin/atmos - just... haven't. They aren't really useful from what I've found so that's why.)

I found something saying how it was a bug 3 years ago but there was any information on how to fix it. I posted on reddit and people also said "Yeah I have that issue too but I don't know how to fix it" and the idea was tossed around it has something to do with dgvoodoo texture pack things? But honestly.. I don't know.

I wanna try and fix this since its really annoying not seeing where your pet is when doing unity NM's, voidwatch, reisenjima nm's ext. (Anything that gives a battleground type buff)
[+]
 Asura.Kusare
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-03-02 02:11:36  
there is an addon called pet_fix in the basic windower launcher, give that a try although it says it was preventing crashes not issues with being unable to see avatars.

can also try /localsettings blur effect off

doesn't sound exactly like your issue either, i dunno
By mynameisgonz 2021-03-02 08:34:08  
yes this happens to me, and there are few resources.

some people say you gotta reinstall completely.
By renalaa 2021-03-03 00:12:44  
mynameisgonz said: »

Man I really don't wanna fully reinstall. But I might try that as a last ditch.
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2021-03-03 04:45:24  
renalaa said: »
mynameisgonz said: »

Man I really don't wanna fully reinstall. But I might try that as a last ditch.

No way am I doing a full reinstall for an invisible buff. Doesn't affect me just looks odd and it's not all the time. So you are not alone in the glitch Renalla. :)
By SimonSes 2021-03-03 05:23:13  
Bismarck.Siggymund said: »
invisible buff.

You are confused. Its not invisible Avatar's favor buff, but invisible summon.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-03 06:06:07  
Are you using mods, are you using dgvoodoo?
 Valefor.Kriz
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2021-03-03 07:45:51  
I experience this issue as well, so I made a quick video to show it. It doesn't impact other characters avatars, only your own. If you multibox, you'll see your avatar disappear but you can see your other characters avatars- and each other character will be missing their avatar. And of course any other player's avatars are not impacted.

A comment on the reddit noted it didn't happen to Siren. This too is my experience. Same with spirits and Odin/Atomos (let's assume Alex too)

The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzjAsdZpgZY

If you engage in a fight without Avatar's Favor, the avatar will not disappear. In fact, if you disable Avatar's Favor mid-fight, the avatar will pop back on screen.

Note Siren did in my video come up with a "DEBUG: Please report" BCNM icon where the favor icon should be. I must have been on an older version of XI-View, so I updated and got the correct icon. However, this did not change the shown graphical disappearance.

I'm loaded up with addons and DGVoodoo and the like, but I do believe this occurred to me prior to using DGVoodoo. Blureffect is off, but even with it on, same result. No HD DAT packs, however. It's not worth uninstalling all of it and going vanilla, but I figured I can provide as much context as possible if others wish to delve into it.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-03 07:49:40  
Glad it's not one of my mods!

It could be a bug with the disable other players trusts / pets or whatever being applied to avatars under certain circumstances.
 Valefor.Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2021-03-03 09:01:36  
That was an interesting suggestion, sadly /hidetrust off (versus on) didn't change the experience.
By renalaa 2021-03-03 12:35:45  
Valefor.Kriz said: »
A lot of text I'm just going to clip out since you can read it 3 posts up
The reddit comment you mentioned about hearing it doesn't with siren was/is also me. :p
I also remember this happening to me prior to setting up DGvoodoo.

To another - I dual box and run windower, but use minimal things. Mainly use it for tparty and being able to tab off and still run around with controller. Nothing I use should effect pets/avatars.

I've tried the trusts on/off - the show glow thing on/off - nothing yet.
By SMN4LIFE 2021-03-11 07:35:39  
I had this same problem. Turned out to be the the "VisibleFavor" Addon. Try turning that off see if it fixes your problem. It did for me.
 Valefor.Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2021-03-11 08:10:13  
Confirmed this fixes it.

Makes a lot of sense too, as the addon wasn't updated to do Siren, so of course she's immune to the issue.

Thanks so much for finding and posting the solution!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [265 days between previous and next post]
By Draylo 2021-12-01 03:06:18  
What did this even do? I just found this post after running into the issue. I didn't see any bubble around the avatar, ever
By SMN4LIFE 2021-12-10 11:12:42  
It was designed to put a colored circle around your avatar to show you the range and players effected by the favor. Sort of like a GEO Bubble. But do to lack of updates and support. It started to glitch and cause your avatar to not show up during certain battlefields. Specifically Dominion Invasion.
[+]