Anti Virus Or Registry?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Anti virus or registry?
Anti virus or registry?
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2021-01-07 14:57:12  
When I logged out and logged back in this is what I see. Find it kinda odd and on my gaming PC I had no issues signed in and out no changes so I assume it’s just a issue on my old PC issue. I assume nothing crazy per My SE call standing sounds like something got corrupted in the game files. Ideas? Issues or trolls?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-07 15:03:27  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
trolls?
You asked for it!

But honestly, did you try doing the check files function that's literally on that screen?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2021-01-07 15:07:14  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
trolls?
You asked for it!

But honestly, did you try doing the check files function that's literally on that screen?
Yep no issues found so uninstalled after opening it again with same problems.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-07 15:11:28  
Did you install FFXI/POL on a new PC? Have you played FFXI on this new PC? You did mention you had an old PC that played FFXI.

It might be that your info hasn't been saved on there yet. Don't forget that the free week ended (although on Monday, it might have been affected by it).

Did you also try reloading your info back on there?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2021-01-07 15:22:25  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Did you install FFXI/POL on a new PC? Have you played FFXI on this new PC? You did mention you had an old PC that played FFXI.

It might be that your info hasn't been saved on there yet. Don't forget that the free week ended (although on Monday, it might have been affected by it).

Did you also try reloading your info back on there?
The game has been on both PCs (old and new) for at least 6 months each. Old PC had this issue and new one has no issues. I’m just nervous about reinstalling game on old PC.
 Sylph.Herbs
サーバ: Sylph
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-01-07 15:26:47  
There are local files that save your login details and your ingame game stuff, like macros and map markers.

Sometimes and very very rarely, when you log out these files can be corrupted, this can either lead to random weird characters showing or blank.

If you have the same logins on another computer you can just copy the file over or rename the folder / file and it will be remade.

I can't remember the name of the files, someone else can probably tell you that.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-07 15:28:17  
Oh, I thought you installed this on your newer PC.

Beats me. Did you run any file cleanup on your old PC? Defragmentation program?

I'm no tech, these are just the basic maintenance items that I picked up over the years I have been alive.

I defer to wiser people.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2021-01-07 15:28:44  
Sylph.Herbs said: »
There are local files that save your login details and your ingame game stuff, like macros and map markers.

Sometimes and very very rarely, when you log out these files can be corrupted, this can either lead to random weird characters showing or blank.

If you have the same logins on another computer you can just copy the file over or rename the folder / file and it will be remade.

I can't remember the name of the files, someone else can probably tell you that.
Ok cool issue is I uninstalled game because me. So reinstalling will be fine. Thanks for your suggestion.