Matsui-P For SMN's?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Matsui-P for SMN's?
Matsui-P for SMN's?
By SMN4LIFE 2020-12-27 10:43:16  
Has anyone used him with a SMN solo setup yet? Played with him a bit today in Escha-Zitah. He's pretty fun and very reliable with opening SC's. The Magic Bursting opportunity is great. Add in Shantotto 2 and I've had some very nice results. The mobs died too fast for me to try any avatar chaining. Anyone one else had more successful trials and combinations?
 Asura.Jdove
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-27 11:30:20  
I quit using him because he was stepping on my solo skillchains.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-27 11:34:42  
Everything dies before his shitty AI gets through his 12 buff and debuff cycle

But sometimes there's a nuke that's aight
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 11:45:31  
Not even sure why they gave him debuffs to begin with, it was never included in the original trust behavior (besides maybe burn? I don't remember). It is annoying that he spends time focusing on that, but he does break cycle if there is an active skillchain he can MB off of.

Asura.Jdove said: »
I quit using him because he was stepping on my solo skillchains.

He's worse than qultada for ruining your 3-4 step because he gets tp significantly faster. That is another downside
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-12-27 13:27:38  
I always SC with my own pet. Shattersoul > FC > frag > FC light, or garland > volt/pred/siren > light. 90% of fights don't last longer than however long it takes to do a SC. The 3 step does around 350k dmg if not resisted. You have temp items to get TP if you don't want to melee with them, although with AM3 + haste2 I get TP way faster than my BP cooldown allows me to SC anyways. I don't even call trusts most of the time because they are morons and get in the way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 15:17:16  
Eliminate 90% of the trusts
Allow "turn off WS" feature
Allow "only do this one role" feature

Remaining trusts are all fixed
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-12-27 15:59:06  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not even sure why they gave him debuffs to begin with, it was never included in the original trust behavior (besides maybe burn? I don't remember). It is annoying that he spends time focusing on that, but he does break cycle if there is an active skillchain he can MB off of.
He's good for BLM.... and I guess SCH if you're super lazy to do SCs yourself....
He's sorta this weird mix between Ayame and Shantotto II... he'll open SCs for you, after you've primed him with one... and then MB off the SC for "decent" numbers.

He plays well with ones like AAGK and Iroha (and Shantotto II), but outside of BLM.... You're usually better off solo SCing things yourself.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 16:07:25  
I use him all the time on ninja. You can sometimes lock him out of using a WS most times if you fire off before he actually realizes you get tp (basically hit macro before the game counts your next string of attacks). I've been able to do this to stop him from interrupting me, but occasionally he just decides to throw out the WS for the opener or closer faster than you can hit the macro. He only really gets in the way on longer multi step attempts, so I've basically abandoned that and just use metsu spam.

They definitely merged Shantotto II and Ayame's logic into one. Seems he would be a huge boost to newer players. And he's just stupid strong in Odyssey without any buffs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-27 16:22:31  
If you use a ws he can't sc with he'll never use tp (mildly impossible) but tip anyway.

He won't open for Blade: Ku for example
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 16:31:45  
Asura.Memes said: »
I wonder why he doesn't have Naegling equipped

I gave him anahera saber, because naegling model is boring xD
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-27 17:02:02  
It's ironic the more stuff they make trust do, the worse a trust they become. Generally any given trust only has one maybe two purposes they're called for.

If he closed (at the last second so no interrupting), still caught double burst, and maybe still used only myoshu, he'd be pretty good.
A better/stronger/more durable shantotto II with stun, that's hot.

Like seriously, they put all this effort into "what should we let him do" and It's like, stop that ***, make him do less!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 17:06:36  
If you're strong enough to kill that fast, yeah he's not needed and definitely gets in the way. Ymmv, he's still a trust and largely interior to a real body. Personally, I've been farming the lower zones on ninja, so I can't necessarily one shot floor 5 monsters (the job is the safest runs I've done), but his 15-30k MB damage speeds up kills, specifically the agon beastmen by a lot for me. Can kill beastmen in two WS with shantotto and him bursting twice each, which makes taking them out quick and easy. If I was doing Sheol C on warrior or monk I wouldn't bother with him unless I had geo for malaise or something. He's really just supplemental damage only if you need it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 17:07:59  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's ironic the more stuff they make trust do, the worse a trust they become. Generally any given trust only has one maybe two purposes they're called for.

If he closed (at the last second so no interrupting), still caught double burst, and maybe still used only myoshu, he'd be pretty good.
A better/stronger/more durable shantotto II with stun, that's hot.

Like seriously, they put all this effort into "what should we let him do" and It's like, stop that ***, make him do less!

Agreed. They got carried away with all the little ninja perks. I like stun, magic burst, shadows, and migawari and assisting SC. The rest is not needed for most part, but him landing Aisha on everything is helpful for the other trusts survival at least. Burn is weird
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-27 17:17:19  
In context, burn is the one thing that makes perfect sense. His sole purpose was to nuke... lowering int... yeah, fair enough. I mean it's like 10 int... but still.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-27 18:09:28  
Oh I thought it was because burn weakens the monster to fire or something. Isn't 10 intelligence worthless unless you're hitting d-int anyways?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-27 18:17:18  
Well it's not like they're going to program him to cast burn: if

That'd take effort away from making an animated aegis mount
[+]
By SMN4LIFE 2020-12-28 17:00:45  
Eliminate 90% of the trusts
Allow "turn off WS" feature
Allow "only do this one role" feature

Remaining trusts are all fixed

I highly agree with this. I tried to put Shantatto II into the party for more MB's but she also kept killing my skillchain. Along with AAEV. It was very hard to actually connect with Matsui
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-28 17:10:21  
AAEV and August have like 100% accuracy or something absurdly high, so any haste buffs the party gets makes them even worse. They are horrible SC wreckers. Shantotto isn't nearly as bad but she's terrible because her AI is programmed to STEAL any skillchains windows the moment they open within those first few milliseconds. (AAEV Is programmed the same but she has more actions that bog her down so sometimes she doesn't see it in time). Seriously, try to beat her without firing off BEFORE you get tp. It's close to impossible because they made her incredibly annoying with that. I've just learned that anytime she has 1000+, expect to not be able to close it. Thankfully, she doesn't get tp as fast. Also another dumb SC wrecker is qultada and his ***burning blade/detonator. He doesn't even use leaden salute which makes it even more useless, and luzaf doesn't know phantom roll.

I actually wish there was a way to unlearn trusts just so my list to resummon them would be smaller.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-28 17:12:38  
I actually wish there was a way to unlearn trusts just so my list to resummon them would be smaller.

I have this same complaint about all magic in general. I wish you could do it like blue and turn stuff off.

Yeah you can sort manually, it's just not the same.

Far as skillchain wreckers (not an interrupting corsair), just when they have tp incorporate their shitty ws into your multistep. Shantotto will only get tp once per 10 of yours.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-01-28 09:20:59  
I think he's a pretty great trusts for what he does, honestly. I would have definitely preferred having a support trust, but he's durable and has a surprisingly high level of magic accuracy. He interrupts SCS like all the other annoying trusts but I don't generally summon him in situations where I am self-SCINg anyway except in Dynamis and there he can usually set-up darkness for me anyway.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
サーバ: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-01-28 13:15:13  
He has stun. Him and Zeid II are nice for doing things like farming pixie hairpins trying to burn down the mob before they start spamming AoE CC. A few parties with them and you can avoid most instances of the mob TP abilities.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-28 13:30:20  
endxen said: »
His AI is garbage and damage is nothing special. I prefer other trusts that offer some sort of support instead. I tried him in Odyssey for a bit but found he slowed down my kill rate so I stopped using him.

Ironically, he's at his strongest inside Odyssey with Moogle Mastery. He sped up my kills by a significant amount on NIN, snice Sylvie/Koru covers our haste. You are free to summon a support trust alongside him as well.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-28 14:32:36  
endxen said: »
He screws up my self sc all the time and his debuffs are pointless since stuff dies pretty fast. Without him kills are much quicker.

That's contradictory to the reason why you would even use him then? You would only use him IF he speeds up your kills, not "he slows me down when I use him". That just means you don't need his help, lol.

Post deleted by User.