Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Dat Modding » Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)
Merry Xmas! Here's FFXI HD! (232,000+ Textures)
By Aricomfy 2020-12-28 23:25:23  
Phoenix.Gennss said: »
See tail looks like a saw.

While in-game, type the following line:

/localsettings blureffect off

This will fix your issue as well as increase performance.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gennss
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: gennss
By Phoenix.Gennss 2020-12-29 07:26:08  
Aricomfy said: »
Phoenix.Gennss said: »
See tail looks like a saw.

That worked, thank you so much!
 Ragnarok.Finea
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-29 10:30:04  
This also removes all the blur effects from tier "II" trusts, as well as Avatars - sorry, I figured everyone just turns this off, it's never looked good on PC! Hahaha~

Also, done a lot of testing as well as uploaded a few highlighted issues with certain textures.

As for crashing during high-packed content, I've found capped my FPS to 30 has solved the issues, or at least, I'm yet to crash from doing it - I have 3 keys bound to my keyboard in my Windower init.xml file for Windower to automatically toggle them. I know Ashita has a much smaller FPS command, typing the whole thing out on Windower kills me! Haha

NOTE: This example removes Alt+0 being usable as a macro button, but I don't use any macros on this slot, you can bind these elsewhere if needed. But for me, this means Alt+= makes my game 30FPS, Alt+- makes it 60FPS and Alt+0 makes my game uncapped (for cutscene animations)
Code
bind != config FrameRateDivisor 2
bind !- config FrameRateDivisor 1
bind !0 config FrameRateDivisor 0

If other people would be willing to try changing their FPS to 30 during end-game group content, and let me know their results, that would be a great help! <3
 Asura.Fishybowl
サーバ: Asura
user: Fishybowl
By Asura.Fishybowl 2020-12-29 11:51:41  
I crash in Domain Invasion even with 30fps.
If I turn all effects off for combat I was able to stay in them without crashing. (Even at 60FPS)

Counted 46 other players in Domain at the same time though so it makes sense if effects have to be turned off.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2020-12-31 04:44:28  
Bahamut.Pedion said: »
So, because I love to test things and mess with them, I am not using the xipivot route. I backed up the folders used, and then replaced them in my ffxi section. So far I am having no issues. Did have to use the remove blur effect, but so far all works well.
Been to all of omen with a full alliance, no crash. Domain invasions, no crash. Will be going to Dynamis D this weekend, so we will see. All the High tier battlefields have been good as well.
I am using dgvoodoo, and I am on a higher end computer, with lots of ram, and a 2080 rtx video card. Not sure if that matters much, but thought I should mention.

My plan is to replace whatever file crashes with the original if it happens, but so far this is some amazing work. Thank you for spending the time to do all of this.

Thanks Pedion! I also don’t use XIpivot as I need the files in the normal directory to test and view them in model viewers, but I do have XIpivot loaded in-game I believe, would be interesting to see today if unloading it changes anything as it might help/stop checking all loaded files to see if they need replacing. I think a lot of ram may help - I only have a measly 8gb and it looks like a memory issue every time from what I can see.

Curious though! Do you use Windower or Ashita?
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2021-01-12 13:13:45  
New Jan 2021 patch is all updated now - All new monsters/effects/armor/weapons are now included.

Download AshenbubsHD-Beta pack here

Stay up-to-date on Twitter

[+]
 Sylph.Atigev
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigev 2021-01-13 09:27:28  
So here is a question. I am getting a lot of graphical stutters that I am unable to iron out. Using this pack, dgvoodoo2, brand new pc (well 6 months old) ffxi on SSD ill be running and get little stutters like micro freezing. Seems more often in towns, i am nearly 100% positive its not hardware related (ryzen 5, 32gb ram, with a 5700xt) so really not sure what else to look into here.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-01-13 10:31:36  
I would like to thank you for the HD stuff, because installing them has let me know that my graphics card simply cannot handle it and that I should stay on vanilla FFXI or else I'll d/c constantly during events, lol
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2021-01-13 11:59:10  
Sylph.Atigev said: »
So here is a question. I am getting a lot of graphical stutters that I am unable to iron out. Using this pack, dgvoodoo2, brand new pc (well 6 months old) ffxi on SSD ill be running and get little stutters like micro freezing. Seems more often in towns, i am nearly 100% positive its not hardware related (ryzen 5, 32gb ram, with a 5700xt) so really not sure what else to look into here.

This used to happen to me on my old computer where I had virtualization software like VMWare/Virtualbox installed. When I removed it everything ran normally. Do you have something like that installed?
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2021-01-13 12:04:02  
Asura.Airoh said: »

This used to happen to me on my old computer where I had virtualization software like VMWare/Virtualbox installed. When I removed it everything ran normally. Do you have something like that installed?

no none of that
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2021-01-13 13:44:36  
stuttering can also happen if you have gamepad enabled but doesn't have a gamepad plugged in
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2021-01-13 14:54:59  
Ragnarok.Kenshi said: »
stuttering can also happen if you have gamepad enabled but doesn't have a gamepad plugged in
Yeah I play with a gamepad, also can happen if you have a gamepad plugged but are on a compact keyboard layout when you hit a button. To add more to this, when i disable XIPivot all the stuttering stopped 100%
 Ragnarok.Kenshi
user: KenshiDRK
By Ragnarok.Kenshi 2021-01-13 15:21:21  
t
Yeah I play with a gamepad, also can happen if you have a gamepad plugged but are on a compact keyboard layout when you hit a button. To add more to this, when i disable XIPivot all the stuttering stopped 100%

Then if you are using npc mods its probably you are getting stuttering when they load on your screen.
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2021-01-13 15:24:41  
t

Then if you are using npc mods its probably you are getting stuttering when they load on your screen.
Hmm now thats an idea there. Maybe bc it does repeat in the same locations (speaking on in town here) like I recreat it at the same points, however they all load in 50yalms correct? hmm ill dig into this one a bit more.
 Sylph.Atigev
By Sylph.Atigev 2021-01-13 18:16:56  
Got it fixed, it was the mipmapping, I had it suggested and it worked!
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2021-01-14 03:15:21  
Sorry Atigev! I'm in the UK so was sleeping during all your posts, would have mentioned MipMapping immediately~ Aha!

And aha Avereith, I would always recommend turning xipivot off during any end-game event that contains an alliance of players - Too much going off at once can cause memory issues and instantly crash windower/ashita! I hope you can still enjoy them while doing your usual daily content though! :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-01-20 10:42:23  
Is there a master list of what .dats are for what models somewhere? I have a few problem zones I would prefer to simply have in LQ form rather than unloading XIpivot every time I have to actually enter the zones.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-20 11:38:06  
Aricomfy said: »

Is that just a function in the core game?
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2021-01-20 18:05:09  
@Khajit
99% of map files are contained in the .../0/ folders of each expansion (IE: ROM2/0/ are Zilart Maps, ROM3/0/ are CoP, etc) with the exception that ROM/1/ also has maps in it too as the base game was larger.

Full list here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffximodding/comments/9ndg2d/complete_list_of_zone_dats_by_zone_id/

@Jessikah
Yup! That’s a base core game command to change FFXI settings that isn’t in the main FFXI settings panel!
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-01-21 08:46:48  
Ragnarok.Finea said: »
@Jessikah
Yup! That’s a base core game command to change FFXI settings that isn’t in the main FFXI settings panel!
I tried it when I got home yesterday. I'm super happy with that :D
 Asura.Reclum
By Asura.Reclum 2021-01-21 11:55:14  
Some of the crashing issues can probably be handled by having a 4k alongside something like a 1080 or 2k version of the pack. FFXI was created for a platform with discrete and limited resources. It didn't have to put in check on using too much, the games just had to be designed to always work within those limitations. Introducing things like 4k textures significantly increases the amount of resource consumption that the game has no check in place to control, so it falls back to the initial designers method of self-controlling them instead.

This same issue was reflected in the other HD texture threads as well, people load up on too much too fast and their system just can't handle it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2021-01-21 13:31:32  
yeah, thats happening to me. I really like the hd texture packs. but if I go on a dynamis run... or if there are lot of people on a Domain dragon and alot of effects are going off, my game crashes.

I'm looking at which effects to limit to reduce this.
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2021-01-22 02:52:27  
So, the textures aren’t 4K - I play and take screenshots in 4K. The textures are x4 their original size though, but no texture is even 2048x2048, as even that single texture alone causes issues.

This means that a face texture that is usually 128x128 is now 512x512. Some land textures on maps are also only x2 as their x4 size would result in something too large (2048+)

I recently made a x2 pack that I’m testing myself, and so far I’ve managed to do Domain Invasion and a few other high-player activities without issue, playing in 4K resolution. I always recommend if you’re doing group content to turn XIpivot off, as you can watch your memory spike up then crash Windower/Ashita when loading several dozen models and weapon skills and trusts popping off.

Ideally, with that fix being possible, to have both a x4 and a x2 pack you could unload/load XIpivot directories with just a bind command. Two buttons to switch modes, as I find you do notice a large difference visually with x2 from x4.
By Aricomfy 2021-01-22 07:46:08  
I'm actually interested in seeing the visual difference between a 2x upscale and a 4x upscale. While I'm a fan of smooth looking visuals, FFXI seems to shine the most when a slight bit of "pixelation" or "imperfection" is at play. I think the current HD AI upscaled textures are good but would be brilliant when slightly downscaled. Sort of like a middle ground between the vanilla textures and the HD textures in this pack.

Amelila used a different program I believe when AI Upscaling a large majority of the maps and they all turned out looking very very good and clean. I think they used the Gigapixel AI program from topazlabs to do it. What program is used to upscale the textures in this pack?
By RadialArcana 2021-01-24 10:15:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
yeah, thats happening to me. I really like the hd texture packs. but if I go on a dynamis run... or if there are lot of people on a Domain dragon and alot of effects are going off, my game crashes.

I'm looking at which effects to limit to reduce this.

If I had to guess, the issue would probably be weapon skill and maybe magic effect textures being too large to load in time.

Lots of things can load slower on FFXI and some can't. If you use a weapon skill it can't wait for the dat to load, it will just crash if it's not ready.
 Carbuncle.Tace
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2021-01-24 13:09:47  
other night in omen i crashed prolly 5x where just out by myself or duoing or lowmaning some nms i was fine...it happened i know once i casted fire a 2nd time i did cata spaming on gin a third time it did it i didnt do anything i just was auto attacking 4th time we killed boss as treasure loaded and idr what triggered the 5th.
By RadialArcana 2021-02-07 05:49:59  
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/le7gux/game_crash_to_desktop_when_logging_in/

From what I gather, it's possible there could be a corrupted file in Beud [S] with this pack. If anyone can check that has it installed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Finea
By Ragnarok.Finea 2021-03-09 04:48:04  
Hi all,

I've recently made the move from GitHub to NexusMods after several dozen users were experiencing issues with corrupted and interupted downloads via GitHub.

------------ AshenbubsHD on NexusMods ------------

Super brief intro to those who are new to my work - AshenbubsHD is a update to FFXI DAT files which covers the entire FFXI experience, over 240,000+ textures, and 33,000+ files - Includes literally everything in-game, models, spell effects, cutscenes, monsters, everything.

I will be performing any future updates from now on in NexusMods, so please update any bookmarks if you're currently using GitHub.

The AshenbubsHD pack is now split into two versions:

AshenbubsHD-Prime - x4 texture upscale (originally 32x32 now 128x128)
The textures are x4 the size as normal. Use this pack if you're doing solo/group-exp combat, exploring the world or doing missions/cutscenes.

AshenbubsHD-Basic - x2 texture upscale (originally 32x32 now 64x64)
The textures are x2 the size as normal. Use this pack if you're doing end-game content, high-density combat (Omen, Dynamis-D, etc)

The Basic prime is new as FFXI has a memory overflow issue upon reaching around 700-800mb of RAM usage, so upon loading lots of models, spell effects, monsters, terrain etc you may crash upon doing end-game content if you're using the Prime version. However I'm yet to experience any crashes using Prime for solo content, and is more than apt to deal with 99% of content on non-retail servers. AshenbubsHD-Basic has been tested to work in Omen, Dyna-D, Escha-NM farming, 250+ player Domain Invasion - We've managed to force a crash on Basic twice, both times from speed-running Escha-NMs (doing every NM in 2 hours), as the textures weren't able to unload fast enough upon spawning dozens of new models.

Please use XIpivot where available, or create a back-up of your ROM folders - Videos and guides are available on NexusMods and on YouTube.

This should hopefully resolve any issues players were having with end-game content crashes - Please also make sure MipMapping is turned off.

If you have any questions, please ask away!
[+]
 Asura.Envious
user: Stewie
By Asura.Envious 2021-03-10 10:34:34  
Is there a quick way to swap between these - or would it require relogging every time?