Thinking About Changing Servers.....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Thinking about changing servers.....
Thinking about changing servers.....
First Page 2 3
By Mikumaru 2020-12-22 09:53:13  
Two questions since I haven't changed servers in over a decade: I'm about 1100/1500 plates into Daub, if I change does this get affected? Should I complete this stage before?
And is there any Endgame Linkshells recruiting with event start times in the 7-9 pm EST time slot? Looking for mainly Dynamis and Omen, other stuff is cool too. Thnx all.
By Pantafernando 2020-12-22 12:15:00  
I didn precisely check this matter but afaik, everything related to the player is unchanged regardless of server.

Only thing to take care is the stuffs that momentarily left your player possesion. That is:

- items placed in AH. It will stay in original server AH, not going to move
- items in your delivery box: same thing, it wont move with you
- linkshell: your shell gonna transform in the item new linkshell.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-22 12:17:33  
Are you looking for a specific server? Or just a random server when somebody might say something?

But don't go to Asura.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-12-22 12:36:35  
Asura is sort of a last option. Not ideal but I won't say no. With populations dwindling it would be silly to refuse. O have no preference. Money is tight and dropping $50+on a gamble like this isn't my nature, so what's the harm in asking and starting a conversation?
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-22 13:06:19  

Mikumaru said: »
And is there any Endgame Linkshells recruiting with event start times in the 7-9 pm EST time slot? Looking for mainly Dynamis and Omen

Yes.

Ask a general question not focused on any one particular server and get a general answer not focused on any one particular server.

Yes. There are endgame linkshells recruiting for players. Some servers are likely more thirsty for new blood.

You should probably narrow down what you're looking for and what you can bring as far as geared jobs and experience.

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
don't go to Asura.

What I expect people look like when they force Asura into every conversation about servers:

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-22 13:11:24  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
What I expect people look like when they force Asura into every conversation about servers
It would be one thing to force Asura into every conversation about servers, it would be quite another to force Asura into every conversation that doesn't involve server discussions either.

Asura is fair game in this case. To "hur dur" it just shows you wanting to either start something or being stupid. I'm guessing the latter in this case.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-22 13:15:23  

+3 for someone mentioning Asura
+5 for me posting a meme
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-12-22 13:18:45  
Mikumaru said: »
Two questions since I haven't changed servers in over a decade: I'm about 1100/1500 plates into Daub, if I change does this get affected? Should I complete this stage before?
And is there any Endgame Linkshells recruiting with event start times in the 7-9 pm EST time slot? Looking for mainly Dynamis and Omen, other stuff is cool too. Thnx all.

Don't think so, but it doesn't hurt to ask people who've done it.

Packets™ on Bahamut is recruiting, moderately.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-12-22 13:28:35  
You lose everything in your delivery box (so take stuff out of it), and lose all LS and everything on the AH.

I don't think you loss REMA progression because I was dumping HP-Bayld in for Epeo and that remained after I swapped severs.

I went Quetz (200-400 people online) -> Odin (700-1,100 people online) [Albeit mostly Japanese].
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-12-22 13:32:39  
As others listed you only miss out on dbox items and anything on the AH. To make things easier for yourself as far as linkshells you could look at the forums for servers and see what linkshells are recruiting for members around that time. This way when you transfer you already have a shell.
[+]
 Asura.Tamer
user: Monko
By Asura.Tamer 2020-12-22 13:33:38  
you dont lose any moogle trial progression.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-12-22 13:47:55  
All the recruitment posts are 2+ months old and on Asura. But I'll check again in a week or 2
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-22 13:52:25  
Since COVID is dying down, not as many people are coming back as it was earlier in the year. That's why recruitment posts went away.
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-12-22 14:10:47  
I didn’t check times but there’s 5 asura shells that have been updated in the past 3 weeks, there’s also 2 shells on bahamut that have been updated recently too. Waiting a few weeks, possibly after the holidays should give better results. Good luck

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-12-22 17:16:42  
Leviathan, BannedChildrenDeux, have fun. We don't have a recruitment thread, but new members are always welcome, as long as you aren't a drama llama you will be fine. We like all players with various levels of progression, we will teach ya, just be a team player.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-22 17:43:54  
You have nothing to gain on Asura. You will see constant floods of shout spam. Barely shout groups to play with, everything is lowman.

What you will see at any point of the day on Asura, within 60 seconds:
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-22 17:46:05  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
(random person bored, starting Oboro drama)
Mildly saddened that I can't follow the shout drama with the ah page shouts still fubar

on the topic; make a dollar mule and check ***out. talk to the recruiters direct. can be an eye opener. (even if the post isn't up to date, there's always turn over)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-22 17:47:52  
Use your imagination. Random person claiming Odoro ate their [insert random mat they are lying about]. 5 people take the bait. Another dozen go trade Odoro items his bot drops to the floor, then brags about it. Repeat every two hours.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-22 17:53:31  
The fix for the majority of spam:
All of that came about from this thread:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53964/block-those-stars

As far as Linkpearls at the NPC goes, it's about to be free-to-play which means Linkshells are going to need to keep the NPCs stocked with them due to the large influx of lonely players coming back and finding their old shells empty. Just keep that in mind. Free-to-play starts on Christmas and goes until early January. The fourth of January, I think.
By cuddlyhamster 2020-12-22 18:01:43  
Do what everyone does, go to Asura.

Buy the stuff to finish your job and leave before you go insane.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-12-22 18:49:42  
it's about to be free-to-play which means.....

What?
By Draylo 2020-12-22 18:55:56  
Asura
 Shiva.Applesmash
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-12-22 18:58:51  
Buukki forgot the most important, the Samusaron/Tifny/Samshent drunk shouts. Easily worth the transfer fee.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-22 19:03:43  
I blacklisted that crew upon first sight so I haven't been able to enjoy. Might have to reconsider, holidays upcoming and all
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-12-22 19:31:08  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

What?

The free login campaign for people that don't pay.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-12-22 20:11:01  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

What?

The free login campaign for people that don't pay.
Ic
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-12-22 20:27:39  
The first rule of Bahamut is "Don't listen to Jet".
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-22 21:26:41  
Lol that is true. Death by bots or death by silence
First Page 2 3