Oboro Broken (JP Towards Mask)?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Oboro Broken (JP towards mask)?
Oboro Broken (JP towards mask)?
 Asura.Epigram
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-12-19 17:22:44  
I went to try to exchange JP for a mask (so no odoro craziness unless he now takes JP now). I'm able to trade JP toward my total for jobs w/o capped JP, but not for the job I have capped JP on. I have verified that I'm not at my limit (316 remain for this period). I even went out and got some more JP and was able to trade them in for my non-capped JP jobs.

This is pretty lame, any ideas on work arounds?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-19 17:53:01  
I had done it previously, so I know it worked.

You might have to post pix, cause when you go to the list every job will be there and nothing will prevent you from picking one. Or it could be an XIView chatbox error (like swapping job order to something with 0jp )
By Pantafernando 2020-12-19 17:53:13  
Use F8
By Disastaru 2020-12-19 18:12:44  
Just B list him, it will not accept a trade if hes on your black list

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2020-12-19 19:47:37  
If you’re using Windower try the standard client? I have no idea why that would matter, but the only other thing I could think of - rule out any variables.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-12-19 20:26:15  
Asura.Epigram said: »
but not for the job I have capped JP on

thats your problem, need to be mastered on that job.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-19 20:29:23  
... If the job is capped at 500, logic dictates that that job is 2100+500

The only way I can see a specific job not being able to donate points to the cap is a text error. (in the scenario where one job can give jp but another can't, meaning all prereqs met, not wrong KI, doesn't have something else started accidently etc)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-19 20:33:55  
He never actually stated the jobs he was trying to trade JP was offically "mastered", just that his JP was "capped" (its CP campaign so he could be CPing a common job and dumping his JP into Oboro first). I know it seems elementary, but Nynja's point needs to be asked to the OP: Are you on a job that is mastered when trying to trade in the Job Points?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-12-19 20:39:14  
I suppose if you talk to him on something not mastered you can't get the option to trade them in. Even if you've already started. (no way to know all my jobs are mastered)

But that was the purpose of the pic to verify, nothing stops you in the menu, if you can't get to the menu and why would you change jobs when you can turn them in from any job while on any job.

It would be "silly" to farm 500 jp on an unmastered job when it would go twice as fast on a mastered job... but not out of the question.
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-12-19 20:39:15  
Not sure what happened, I logged into my laptop (different computer) and I was able to trade. No clue what is going on here, at least I have a solution. For clarification, talked to oboro with the same job, same plugins, nothing changed beyond the computer.

Maybe something is wrong with my files, or the spaghetti code of SE. The 2-3 second lag when it figures out how many JP you have to spend does concern me as it should be a pretty quick look-up, but who knows what is going there.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-12-19 20:58:31  
i may have read too quickly lol

i know when trading in, my unmastered jobs with spare CP dont show up.
By Seun 2020-12-19 22:55:33  
Odoro wouldn't be a concern because you don't actually trade Oboro anything. The 'trade' is initiated via chat menus. You talk to the NPC and select which weapon to upgrade.

I've done this twice now so just chiming in to confirm, you must be mastered on the job you're using points on. Any mastered jobs you have with excess JP will be displayed regardless of what job you are when you start talking to him.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-12-20 06:29:42  
Odin.Sudra said: »
Man, reading is hard for some people.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-12-20 09:17:21  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Yea i agree, whats up with these people not even reading the OP's post and then assuming they are trying to avoid odoro, c'mon guys if you aren't even gonna take time to read, why do you take time to type?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-12-21 14:48:22  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »

All they need to do is pay the bare minimum attention... This is how you handle Odoro.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2020-12-21 19:41:36  

Post deleted by User.