users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Omen: Gin Ninja Solo Strategy
Omen: Gin Ninja Solo Strategy
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-08 16:54:19  
Guide for anyone trying to solo Gin for drops.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-09 02:23:24  
This is nice, granted that Gin is not really that big of a deal, it's more a matter of making sure your trusts don't die, mostly.

I'd be more interested in seeing which approach you used for the miniboss which imho is the hard part of a Gin solo Omen run.
Thinker is probably no big deal with Migawari, as long as you manage to keep it up. Granted that still kills your trusts potentially because of the 20 yalms range, and once they're dead your DPS drops noticeably and you risk timing out. I dunno, Thinker takes additional Slashing Damage so you might be fine.

Craver is okaysh usually. You have that hate reset move (Pile Pitch?) that also removes like 90% hp and ignores shadows, but it ignores them and doesn't strip them, I think? Your trusts will totally die on Craver I'm afraid.

Then there's Gorger, and good luck with that on NIN. I dunno I never tried it, but I imagine he could be annoying, since you can't use Utsusemi and he takes additional damage Blunt.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 02:46:04  
Why can't you use utsusemi on Gorger? Even if he absorbs it, you strip his shadows in 1-2 attack rounds, really no different than this months Ambuscade boss.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-12-09 03:40:12  
Gorger is weak to Slashing damage too like +25% damage, Thinker is Blunt

If you don't want trusts to die on Craver use Selh'tues, my solo win rate went sky high after using him on Craver over other options. Even on Gorger too.
[+]
 Asura.Cembob
user: KCem
By Asura.Cembob 2020-12-09 03:41:07  
I usually find Gorger easiest actually, bring extra RDM trusts for dispel and leave the bards/Quiltada/Monb at home.

Thinker is an exercise in patience, and Craver kind of sucks but stopping TP feed to aid recovery after carousel is helps a ton of you're not /DNC. I've had poor luck kiting Craver after View Sync so that trusts don't get hit by Carosel, but it's too reliant on mob pathing to be a useful tactic, but it caaaaan be done.
By SimonSes 2020-12-09 03:44:54  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
Gorger is weak to Slashing damage too like +25% damage, Thinker is Blunt

Pretty sure all of them are weak to one specific type and its +50% for each of them.

Gorger - Slashing
Thinker - Blunt
Craver - Piercing
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-09 04:30:03  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Why can't you use utsusemi on Gorger? Even if he absorbs it, you strip his shadows in 1-2 attack rounds, really no different than this months Ambuscade boss.
It's not that you can't, it's more than it drags the fight a lot longer than necessary? 7 shadows (which is the amount he can potentially copy) is quite something.

Sorry I mixed Gorger and Thinker weakness around.

So out of curiosity, which trusts combination do you folks suggest for the three minibosses? Which, again, are imho the "hard" part of a Gin run.

Korumoru + another RDM (KoH?)
Monberaux
Yoran-Oran or Aporuru or Ygnas
Sel'hteus

And you suggest this combination for all three of them, when on NIN main? Using some DW gear to compensate for the lack of March I suppose.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-09 04:39:38  
sylvie to cap haste
koru for dia3
qultada for chaos
selh-teus for curaga
insert whm here, ygnas or monberaux work well
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-09 07:05:15  
Asura.Sechs said: »
This is nice, granted that Gin is not really that big of a deal, it's more a matter of making sure your trusts don't die, mostly.

I'd be more interested in seeing which approach you used for the miniboss which imho is the hard part of a Gin solo Omen run.
Thinker is probably no big deal with Migawari, as long as you manage to keep it up. Granted that still kills your trusts potentially because of the 20 yalms range, and once they're dead your DPS drops noticeably and you risk timing out. I dunno, Thinker takes additional Slashing Damage so you might be fine.

Craver is okaysh usually. You have that hate reset move (Pile Pitch?) that also removes like 90% hp and ignores shadows, but it ignores them and doesn't strip them, I think? Your trusts will totally die on Craver I'm afraid.

Then there's Gorger, and good luck with that on NIN. I dunno I never tried it, but I imagine he could be annoying, since you can't use Utsusemi and he takes additional damage Blunt.

Oh, your like the 5th person in last 24 hours to ask me that. I didn't consider those hard to be honest so I'll go back and do those vid's again. I did those like over a year ago when I was much less geared and though they were a challenge then they were still doable, these days they are all pretty easy for me. Here is the strategies I use.

Glassy Gorger - By far the easiest. Just spam ws/sc/mb. Only thing you need to watch out for is that Quad attack move but just keep migawari up and you don't even need to concern yourself with it really. Really simple fight with my usual trust Ulmia, Joachim, Koru, Monbearux and Yoran. However I doubt this was the one you were wondering about. Fight normally takes about 6-7 minutes.

Glassy Craver - This one seems to be the one everyone thinks is really hard and I get him the most and don't think I've ever lost to him. He takes really good damage from MB so for him I just spam Dual MB's the whole time. His TP moves aren't really any danger to my trust until lower HP when he starts to spam them back to back before the trust can cure themselves. That's why when you get to Low HP on him you have to make sure he has Yurin on him and I often will switch to Fudo Path B at about 30% HP. Note that often times one or two trust does die between 20% and 0% but when your SC/Mb's are taking away 3-4% HP it really goes very fast. Pile Pitch move is easy to avoid, just keep Migawari up, when he uses it you lose no health and just voke to get hate back. Whole fight usually takes about 7-9 minutes.

Glassy Thinker - This imo is the most challenging as I HATE pain sync. It slows you down SOOO much. At the start you can get 2-3 sc combo's in between tp moves but as his health goes down his tp gain goes up more and more and it gets much harder. Fudo on Path B is critical here for the entire fight. You need to use patience for the first 75% or so... normally around 25% he's spamming tp moves so fast that I often will indeed end up killing my trust to a painsync here. Once that happens life is easier IMO as now you don't need to worry about painsync. Just keep Migawari up and spam SC's until you win. Note you won't have any curing so the longest I've noticed you can kill without trust for is about 20% HP before your at risk of dying. Keep those shadows up! I know many don't want to use shadows on him but I find it the only way to win. Kills with him take me upwards of 15 minutes because I have to take my time with painsync. I HATE this one.

One last thing, This is all with you on NIN/WAR which makes all of this much harder IMO. If you go NIN/DNC instead the mid bosses are really easy as once your trust die you can just cure yourself. Note, NIN/DNC isn't ideal for final bosses so I'd only use NIN/DNC if your focus is the mid bosses.

Will have fresh video's up on all three soon... will be doing Kin next.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-12-09 07:55:56  
Migawari works on Quadattack? Meaning that despite the name it's a single hit TP move, nice.

Thinker is especially annoying on a dualwielding character >.>
I guess if you have terribad reflexes like I do, you could set up React to turn around in your place.
Granted that if you lose the pain sync chat packet, you're *** regardless lol

Quite surprised on Craver taking such good MB damage without Languor/Focus/Acumen/Malaise. Nice to know I guess.
 Sylph.Reain
サーバ: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2020-12-09 08:19:59  
Migawari works on Quadattack? Meaning that despite the name it's a single hit TP move, nice.

It will work in the sense that if an individual hit does > threshold it will proc against that hit, but no not against the full thing. And if it procs against 1 of 4 hits the other 3 will likely kill you unless shadows eat them. Just cast shadows and try not to give it too much attack that it can one shot you. Migawari is still nice for Spirit Absorption which can hit some pretty high numbers.

Quote:
I guess if you have terribad reflexes like I do, you could set up React to turn around in your place.

It can't pain sync twice in a row. I don't find this one too bad, just a little slow. Have to be careful. I find it gets a bit easier as it gets low cause it will TP fast but predictably. Just WS when you know it can't pain sync.

Quote:
Quite surprised on Craver taking such good MB damage without Languor/Focus/Acumen/Malaise. Nice to know I guess.

The poison is fairly potent so watch that. Migawari for Carousel and voke as Logical said. Can potentially kite when it mighty strikes to try and stop trusts dying to AoEs.

If you haven't done them for a while they aren't that difficult anymore. Malignance too strong. Also makes killing the fodder with AE a lot faster which makes the mid boss and mega boss a lot more forgiving.

On Gin Zero hour is a hate reset also.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-09 08:31:03  

Actually I have to take that back. I had always put up Migawari due to how much Quad hits with shadows down but I never let my shadows fall so I didn't notice it wasn't helping. Today I got him as midboss and actually did let my shadows drop and took 1800 dmg with Migawari up so you are correct, it does NOT work. So your best defense is just to recast shadows at 2 which is what I normally do on him.

As Reain mentioned, I think Malignance gear made this stuff MUCH easier as I did not have it when I originally tried them and now I fulltime Malignance in Omen and it's so much easier.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-09 08:35:20  
On plus side just tried my first Kin solo and got him to 13% on first try. Learned a bunch, should have Kin solo strategy video up within a week, want to make sure it's repeatable. Mid boss vids will come as well as I get good records of examples on them.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-12-09 09:24:01  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Fudo on Path B is critical here for the entire fight. You need to use patience for the first 75% or so... normally around 25% he's spamming tp moves so fast that I often will indeed end up killing my trust to a painsync here.

Subtle blow won't help you here at all. The reason it spams so much is because it has regain (up to 1000 per tic at low hp I think). You can easily see it when you turn around when it has like 10% hp and even that you won't hit it and it won't hit you, it will still tp move back to back every few sec. Like Reain said it's actually a lot more predictable then. Just tp when it starts tp move other than pain sync and turn around right after tp move. WS right after tp move and turn around before ws fires off (you will WS facing away from the target). It's slow, but you basically can't die.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 09:25:42  
7 shadows (which is the amount he can potentially copy) is quite something.

I don't know if you've ever fought anything that uses shadows on ninja, you rip through them in two seconds. It's really not much of an issue with time
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-09 09:29:49  
SimonSes said: »
Fudo on Path B is critical here for the entire fight. You need to use patience for the first 75% or so... normally around 25% he's spamming tp moves so fast that I often will indeed end up killing my trust to a painsync here.

Subtle blow won't help you here at all. The reason it spams so much is because it has regain (up to 1000 per tic at low hp I think). You can easily see it when you turn around when it has like 10% hp and even that you won't hit it and it won't hit you, it will still tp move back to back every few sec. Like Reain said it's actually a lot more predictable then. Just tp when it starts tp move other than pain sync and turn around right after tp move. WS right after tp move and turn around before ws fires off (you will WS facing away from the target). It's slow, but you basically can't die.

I agree at Low TP the Fudo Isn't helping much if at all and I normally switch at 25% hp to Heishi for more damage in my recent runs and it seems to be working better. However, above 50% it's critical to making the fight go fast. I can usually get through the first 50% in 3 minutes or so which makes how long the rest takes more bearable. Above 50% the Fudo path B makes it so I can get 2-3 SC sets in between his tp moves, without it it's usually only 1 sc set and he ends up tp'ing messing up my 2nd sc. It really slows the fight down and makes it so I have to be a lot more careful about when I sc so that I don't Painsync my trust. I agree that your way works great, just takes a very long time if you use it for the whole run, especially at the start when he's not got that huge regain.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-12-09 11:05:27  
How do you manage to not get your trusts murdered by Gin's abilities? They're all just out of range.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 11:20:54  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
How do you manage to not get your trusts murdered by Gin's abilities? They're all just out of range.

He summons all casters (+ Chemist), runs in and vokes/attacks, then brings to a corner of arena. Trusts stay at the opposite end of Gin and don't run in, so any AOE spells and Malign Invocation/Interference just happen to miss, which is pretty remarkable. Very smart, Logical. I thought they would have gotten destroyed but his positioning is perfect and trusts never take any damage besides Zero Hour. For this reason alone, Sylvie would be harder to use.You could still use sylvie, she's probably sturdy enough to survive a few hits and get healed if she's the only one. You would be able to free up possibly 2 trust spots, since she uses Indi-Haste on NINs and uses Haste 1 also (Koru would overwrite with 2), so you wouldn't even need the bards.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 11:26:30  
On plus side just tried my first Kin solo and got him to 13% on first try.

I would be interested in seeing how you get this done, as I have gone back and forth about attempting this boss but I don't have Ygnas yet, so I worry I won't have the healing support I need. And I don't know how I would handle Target. sub DRG and use Yain with AAEV tanking? lol
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-12-09 11:52:12  
with syvlie you kinda actually rely on trusts getting hit so selh-teus can give the whm mp (no nott), well for run at least. nin is obviously lighter on healing requirements.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-12-09 11:58:27  
I see, that makes sense.

Also just went back to review the mechanics of Target, and found this little nugget:

Quote:
Cover being used on the player with Target lock will instantly break the lock and prevent Eleventh Dimension. This also works when Cover is used from a subjob.

Might be able to position yourself behind Monberaux after getting hit with Target from Kin. He'll only ever use Cover if you line up behind him, so if doing it the way Logical positions in this video, you can get your Cover and remove Target from Kin. 3:00 recast actually makes this a fairly useful strategy since it would be ready the next time he uses Target, barring Kin hitting your trusts with a bad TP move during the positioning.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-09 12:05:07  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
On plus side just tried my first Kin solo and got him to 13% on first try.

I would be interested in seeing how you get this done, as I have gone back and forth about attempting this boss but I don't have Ygnas yet, so I worry I won't have the healing support I need. And I don't know how I would handle Target. sub DRG and use Yain with AAEV tanking? lol

So what I did today on my first try was I had ArkEV, Joachim, Koru, Yoran and Monberaux. I put up Innin and Gekka. I NEVER voked so that it wouldn't give him access to that Death Sentence. Then I just get behind him and spam sc's. With Heishi shun/shun/light I find I ride the line of hate with what ArkEV can hold. So I just keep sc'ing. If I feel my hate gets to high I turn for a few seconds and he gets him back. This is the most important part. Because at 75%, 50%, 25% and 10% he will use Target. When he does you have 1 min and 30 seconds to SWITCH him to another target. So if he used it on ArkEV you want to get hate (WITHOUT VOKING) and if he used it on you, turn so ArkEV gets hate. As soon as he targets someone else... target is over and it won't go off. I did this successfully all the way until 13% when a Thunderaga IV followed by a quick Malign Invocation killed ArkEV and ruined the strategy. TBH the hardest part of the entire thing was NOT curing him, especially under 50% it got slower with me trying to make sure I wasn't using ws while he was using ability or sc while he was casting. All in all due to that the run is going to take about 25 minutes in my estimation so get there with some time! Today I got there at 32 minutes and died at 13% with 12 minutes left. Hope this strategy continues to work, will be sure to post the video once I have it perfected but this should give you the general idea. GL!
By SimonSes 2020-12-09 12:06:01  
Thats actually a great idea. Too bad only for people with Monberaux.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-09 12:07:49  
GL.

I know you probably don't need anything from him, but it's always fun to be able to solo a strong mob.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-09 12:09:36  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
GL.

I know you probably don't need anything from him, but it's always fun to be able to solo a strong mob.

Thanks! Aye I've got every drop I need for Ninja short of Reiki Belt so these days I just do all this for the challenge of it.
By SimonSes 2020-12-09 12:10:23  
I NEVER voked so that it wouldn't give him access to that Death Sentence.

Its generally the first time I hear voking causes this. I read a lot about Death Sentence and everyone say something else. Some people says its only on nin,run,pld. Some says it's when one person have much more hate than other. Some people say its only Cumulative Enmity based (so voking would change nothing). Now you saying not to voke XD.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-12-09 12:14:15  

Its generally the first time I hear voking causes this. I read a lot about Death Sentence and everyone say something else. Some people says its only on nin,run,pld. Some says it's when one person have much more hate than other. Some people say its only Cumulative Enmity based (so voking would change nothing). Now you saying not to voke XD.

HAHA yea I saw LOTS of conflicting information when I was planning for this Solo. Was surprised this strategy I came up with worked so well. He never once used it today with ArkEV and me tanking the whole time. Now I can't say of course if I had voked if he would have used it... maybe he still wouldn't have and it was just because arkev and I were so close on the hate list for the entire fight. I can say that if I did voke, it would be hard for arkev to get it off of me. He was struggling at the end with me turning a lot so I fear a voke here or there may make it so he can't get it off you in time for target. Definitely lots more testing to do here but this is my next Omen goal so we should have some pretty solid answers soon...also the trust are getting the HP/MP boost this week so that should probably make this even easier for practicing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-12-09 12:16:22  

When I used to do this with a 2nd tank (so we can pull hate off each other, and the shell I was in can do 2 tanks), it usually when one player has a whole hell of a lot more hate than the other. I usually was the one who got Death Sentenced while the other tank (a RUN without much Enmity Gear or anything near what I have) would try his best to take hate off of me.

When we went from a dual-tank strat to one-tank strat, I would only see Death Sentence at the start of the fight (cause I pull with Divine Emblem Sentinel Flash) and eventually it would never use it, as both myself and the DDs would be capped hate very fast. Now that I have Burtgang, after we cap hate I would still manage to hold it about 85-90% of the time and only have to turn for a few seconds to let Target go away.
First Page 2