Okyupete - Does It Even Exist?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » Okyupete - Does it even exist?
Okyupete - Does it even exist?
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-11-21 12:20:16  
Good morning,

I've been farming this guy over multiple days and haven't seen him pop once.

I'm starting to think he doesn't exist.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Okyupete

Anyone have any ideas on why he isn't popping? I kill every giant bird I see.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-11-21 12:31:51  
Odin.Senaki said: »
I kill every giant bird I see.
There's a specific placeholder for him, you only need to kill that one (but it's satisfying to kill them all).

He does take eons to spawn, though, and his drop rate is ***. Have fun.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-11-21 12:36:20  
Just gotta kill DF, long spawn times. Had to do multiple times for trial, so yeah, he exists.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pve
サーバ: Leviathan
user: zsky
By Leviathan.Pve 2020-11-21 12:54:02  
He can take up to 9 hours to spawn, perhaps longer.

One of those annoying NM's that doesn't want to come out and play.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-11-21 12:55:08  
We finally got it to pop! After like 12 hrs of farming! ;o;

[+]
 Asura.Bippin
サーバ: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-11-21 12:55:38  
Possible people are killing it as they run into Escha - Ru'Aun
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-11-21 14:04:07  
This NM is frustrating because it seems to have a low rate of spawning from its placeholder. If in doubt, kill them all.

It shouldn't be taking 12 hours though, but I have been there a few hours before killing the PH when it was up and it wouldn't spawn, but there's a chance someone else had killed it recently. Many players have had to kill this NM for trials.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-21 14:12:55  
Random is random. You can roll no pop for hours and hours. The odds never increase.

It would've been nice to have progressive pop % or maximum windows, but they don't. Just keep going and you get it eventually.

Such an easy thing to have 2% pop increase per PH kill, maximum 50 kills and you know for a fact it must pop, but no one ever cared enough to make progressive pops (and drops) a thing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-11-21 14:23:53  
Came here for Windower posts.

Disappoint.
[+]
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-11-21 14:31:11  
Leviathan.Pve said: »
He can take up to 9 hours to spawn, perhaps longer.

One of those annoying NM's that doesn't want to come out and play.

This, Analbutt & along with Buttbear are the worst NMs to attempt to spawn in the magian trial mob paths.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-21 15:04:49  
IIRC, the PH is the first or last dyatrima in widescan in a group of 4, all of them close to escha entrance.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-11-21 15:46:24  
Sylph.Snk said: »
Buttbear

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-21 18:05:02  
I think the elusiveness of long open pop windows is great. Stop trying to get instant gratifications.. Part of the greatness of ffxi has always been the chase of NMs. I wish the old systems still existed. Making gear actually super rare was a fun part of the game. These days everyone and their 5 mules have everything the game has to offer....smh
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-11-21 19:24:44  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
I think the elusiveness of long open pop windows is great. Stop trying to get instant gratifications.. Part of the greatness of ffxi has always been the chase of NMs. I wish the old systems still existed. Making gear actually super rare was a fun part of the game. These days everyone and their 5 mules have everything the game has to offer....smh

I've done like 6 Empy weapons. This is by far the worst. This thing spawns right next to the homepoint for Escha Ru'an. So I believe people kill it if they see it, even if they don't need it.

Meaning you need to basically never afk for the entire respawn and hope you can grab it, if you see it.

Thank Altana I'm doing this in a group and not alone.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-11-21 19:56:21  

This is a very "I put up with this style of content years ago so new people should have to as well" mentality. More dated than a hillbilly backwoods mountain girl dates her brothers.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-11-21 20:03:16  
Sylph.Snk said: »
This, Analbutt & along with Buttbear are the worst NMs to attempt to spawn in the magian trial mob paths.

Wait until you get to my new meme character:

Edit: Ick. Double-post. Sorry. That's as tactless as someone bumping a 3,000+ day old necro. Don't cut yourself on all of that edge, by the way.
By fillerbunny9 2020-11-21 20:13:20  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

This is a very "I put up with this style of content years ago so new people should have to as well" mentality. More dated than a hillbilly backwoods mountain girl dates her brothers.

[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-11-21 20:39:33  
lol, no.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-21 22:03:09  
I tried?

In all fairness. I do miss the days of king pops and running to sky..

On the same token... I also miss jungle parties where we had to zone to deaggro the gobs.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-21 22:25:17  
I agree! try having a BiS pup that hasn't obtained shepards chain. Ive been playin since release lol.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-11-21 22:25:47  
Odin.Senaki said: »

I've done like 6 Empy weapons. This is by far the worst. This thing spawns right next to the homepoint for Escha Ru'an. So I believe people kill it if they see it, even if they don't need it.

Meaning you need to basically never afk for the entire respawn and hope you can grab it, if you see it.

Thank Altana I'm doing this in a group and not alone.

I agree! try having a BiS pup that hasn't obtained shepards chain. Ive been playin since release lol.
 Sylph.Excalin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-11-21 22:38:11  
I farmed and farmed and farmed only to get it during a NNI campaign
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-22 02:20:30  
It cant be that bad
By SimonSes 2020-11-22 06:40:39  
Its not that bad. I did it like 12 times at least (3 trials). Just kill right PH and remember it always spawn in same place

So wait there after every PH kill, so you wont miss someone else killing it without you noticing.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-22 06:53:58  
There is a common pattern on those no dropping/no popping threads:

1. Complains about a NM pop rate/item drop rate.

2. Tells its taking day, weeks to get done, some amount of time that has no suport in any FFXI source.

3. Tells hes doing everything right.

3. A couple hours late, the NM popped, the drop dropped.

You can understand this anyway you want.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-22 08:41:32  
Complaining about it is cathartic.

Did every empyrean, all the lotto nms sucked. Some took longer than others. Your experience will vary.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-22 09:21:59  
The secret is always multitasking.

Dont waste time or pay too much attention to a task that requires zero thinking. If you have a mule, drop it there then play something else while checking time to time if the NM pops. If you dont have it, just visit there, like before and after a bath, before and after dinner, lunch, snack, while waiting LS to gather to event, while you need to study, etc.

Eventually you gonna get, it will take longer, but it wont seems like it took too long.
By gregchiro2013 2020-11-23 01:00:13  
lol try camping that damn frog in West Sarutabaruta (s)........