言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » SHANTOTTO & CHOCOBO action figure store links
SHANTOTTO & CHOCOBO action figure store links
First Page 2
By RadialArcana 2020-11-20 06:38:57  
In-case anyone missed it, it's now available to pre-order on all regions. Can also buy the chocobo seperate.

US:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/616057/final-fantasy-xi-bring-arts-shantotto-chocobo-action-figure

EU:

https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/en_EU/product/616104/final-fantasy-xi-bring-arts-shantotto-chocobo

UK:

https://store.eu.square-enix-games.com/en_GB/product/616103/final-fantasy-xi-bring-arts-shantotto-chocobo
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-20 08:41:07  
Don't feed the beast.

If they spend more of their time on figures and less of their time on content, then don't support them in this way.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-20 08:44:53  
$157.99

That thing better be made out of solid gold at the minimum.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-20 08:46:49  
Holy ***, I didn't even see the price either.

Seriously though.
By Shichishito 2020-11-20 08:51:24  
why make content when you can make money instead.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-20 08:52:38  
Got to actually sell that ***first though.

I doubt it cost more than $10/figure to make anyway. They (SE) obviously do not know anything about basic economics if they are pricing this so high.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-11-20 08:56:03  
You can buy the chocobo for $125
You can buy the chocobo and shantotto for $157
You cannot just buy shantotto

Rude
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-11-20 09:32:13  
Asura.Carrotchan said: »

Rude
i think its cause the chocobo can stand there on its own while shantotto in that position would sit on the ground leaning back at a weird angle and hold nothing instead of the saddle.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-11-20 09:37:45  
Shichishito said: »

Rude
i think its cause the chocobo can stand there on its own while shantotto in that position would sit on the ground leaning back at a weird angle and hold nothing instead of the saddle.
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-11-20 09:56:49  
oh, they have moveable joints? well then idk.
*edit* nvm, she didn't have the laughter in the one where she's sitting on the chocobo, got to be a different figure.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-20 10:08:58  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't feed the beast.

If they spend more of their time on figures and less of their time on content, then don't support them in this way.

The developers don't sculpt or paint models.

I bought one because i've played ffxi for nearly 18 years and I love the game, I wanted a well made collectable item that normally was never available.

Whether you buy it or not it doesn't hurt the developers, they don't get a cut of the sales or something. They get paid the same amount whatever happens, these are made from the square enix merch division. The profits goto that division, if they see XI merch sells they will make more. It's that simple.

Not that you should care where the money goes anyway.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
$157.99

That thing better be made out of solid gold at the minimum.

I have a few models like this, some from blizzard and these prices aren't abnormal. Someone has to sculpt and paint it, and the painting is well done. These aren't made in a sweatshop in china where some guy puts the paint on with a potato.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-20 10:36:17  
It's definitely still made in asia by child slaves.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-11-20 11:14:27  
oh, they have moveable joints? well then idk.
*edit* nvm, she didn't have the laughter in the one where she's sitting on the chocobo, got to be a different figure.
it isn't lol

it's normal for a figure to come with different head and hand attachments to be used for poses... if you click on the link for literally one second you would see:
By Shichishito 2020-11-20 11:43:15  
if you click on the link for literally one second you would see:
believe it or not, i clicked the link for literally one second and immediately lost interest.
if i squinted real hard at that picture i'd maybe recognise those tiny things infront of the staff as taru hands but no matter how hard i squint i can't find the laughing shantotto head.
(the close up with grey background doesn't count unless the JP text explicitly says its part of the package.)
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-20 11:59:07  
RadialArcana said: »

I bought one because i've played ffxi for nearly 18 years and I love the game, I wanted a well made collectable item that normally was never available.

Whether you buy it or not it doesn't hurt the developers, they don't get a cut of the sales or something. They get paid the same amount whatever happens, these are made from the square enix merch division. The profits goto that division, if they see XI merch sells they will make more. It's that simple.

That wasn't the point I was making.

The point is that they actually spent precious time and energy (and money) into these figurines instead of the game itself. Yes, the developers aren't the ones making the figurines, but the management is spending resources (time, money, manpower, etc.) into researching and then deciding to do these figurines instead of expanding the game further.

I'm not disappointed in the development department, I'm disappointed in the management of the company in wasting time on this.

Especially since they are charging a super premium on this product that costs less than 10% to make.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-20 12:09:50  

The point is that they actually spent precious time and energy (and money) into these figurines instead of the game itself. Yes, the developers aren't the ones making the figurines, but the management is spending resources (time, money, manpower, etc.) into researching and then deciding to do these figurines instead of expanding the game further.

I'm not disappointed in the development department, I'm disappointed in the management of the company in wasting time on this.

Especially since they are charging a super premium on this product that costs less than 10% to make.

You still dont understand how these came to be.....

There is a WHOLE division at SE dedicated to making the Play Arts/Bring Arts figures that has nothing to do with the games actual dev team nor management of XI. The research of said figure is done by the Play Arts/Bring Arts division, the sculpting, painting and marketing is done by the Play Arts/Bring Arts division do you see where this is going?. Like the XIV statues they may have the figures feature on a live stream just to show stuff off. As far as Shantotto goes she has been in A LOT of other games so there is potential of people buying it who havent actually played XI.

You also dont understand costing most of the Play Arts/Bring Arts figures are costly and not surprising they sell very well with some being out of stock. The XIV statues also sell very quickly and are similarly priced and again most of those have sold out.

Edit: Do you also expect the FFIX, yes FF9, dev team to have anything to do with the FFIX figures that were released recently?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-20 12:13:49  
Odin.Creaucent said: »

There is a WHOLE division at SE dedicated to making the Play Arts/Bring Arts figures that has nothing to do with the games actual dev team nor management of XI. The research of said figure is done by the Play Arts/Bring Arts division, the sculpting, painting and marketing is done by the Play Arts/Bring Arts division do you see where this is going?. Like the XIV statues they may have the figures feature on a live stream just to show stuff off. As far as Shantotto goes she has been in A LOT of other games so there is potential of people buying it who havent actually played XI.

You also dont understand costing most of the Play Arts/Bring Arts figures are costly and not surprising they sell very well with some being out of stock. The XIV statues also sell very quickly and are similarly priced and again most of those have sold out.

Edit: Do you also expect the FFIX, yes FF9, dev team to have anything to do with the FFIX figures that were released recently?
Ok then, thank you for your explanation.

Edit: I did not know there was a completely different division for this. I stand corrected. I did not assume that the devs from FFXI had anything to do with this, I thought this was an offshoot of FFXI management team, not it's own division within the company (like how SE has their own manga division, which I do know about).

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
By Draylo 2020-11-20 12:19:54  
I got a few of them, cant wait for mine!
By Draylo 2020-11-20 12:20:53  

Pretty much. A lot of ignorance here when it comes to collecting and these types of figures. The FFXI team isn't the one making these or using any resources lol
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-20 12:26:30  
Draylo said: »

Pretty much. A lot of ignorance here when it comes to collecting and these types of figures. The FFXI team isn't the one making these or using any resources lol

The figures are top quality as i have a fair few of them and ive had no issues with any of them. No tight or loose joints at all and no broken parts. There were a few of the Shiva statues that were damaged by the delivery company though.
By Draylo 2020-11-20 12:38:05  
The FFIX line has been incredible. Some of their first works in the lines like FF13 or some Sora's look a little wonky in my opinion but they have gotten way better.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-20 13:14:15  
I really hope they would bring out a Iroha statue, they probably won't but I would buy it in a heartbeat if they did.

I think the reason they picked Shantoto is she is in lots of other games.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-20 13:26:02  
They just need to make more XI merch in general and i would buy the ***out of it because of covid i havent been spending as much.
By Draylo 2020-11-20 13:28:22  
The third party studios are where its at, they put the most love into creating incredible works of art. The first party stuff licensed by the company can be hit or miss but they tend to be the most popular.

This was a good example from a licensed company:

YouTube Video Placeholder

I decided to get one so I'm waiting to see how mine comes. I'd love more stuff from FFXI though but sadly its even less popular than some other things I like lol, so the odds of even a third party picking it up is incredibly low. Not even sure how they choose which ones they'll do but I've been blown away by how great some of them look
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-11-20 13:38:35  
They just need to make more XI merch in general and i would buy the ***out of it because of covid i havent been spending as much.
I hear ya. Since covid, I've saved £4k a year on travel. ***like this is very easy to justify alongside my other easily-justified ***.
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-11-20 15:42:12  
if you click on the link for literally one second you would see:
believe it or not, i clicked the link for literally one second and immediately lost interest.
if i squinted real hard at that picture i'd maybe recognise those tiny things infront of the staff as taru hands but no matter how hard i squint i can't find the laughing shantotto head.
(the close up with grey background doesn't count unless the JP text explicitly says its part of the package.)
you quoted my post by saying she had no other poses, which is why she was probably not sold separately

I showed you there are alternatives to her figure

what do you want? jesus christ lol
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2020-11-21 14:37:31  
I mean I'll be honest. If I could get a Zeid figure, I would have taken the plunge.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-11-21 15:46:30  
I don't main a Tarutaru, but I have some alts that are and I remember their chocobos being very tiny. The proportions in the pic of the OP make it look like they took a "regular" (hume) sized chocobo's feet, legs, and backside, and merged it with a tarutaru chocobo's front.

Does anybody else see that?

Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-11-21 15:48:29  
obviously, that Chocobo is African American
By RadialArcana 2020-11-21 16:12:57  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
I don't main a Tarutaru, but I have some alts that are and I remember their chocobos being very tiny. The proportions in the pic of the OP make it look like they took a "regular" (hume) sized chocobo's feet, legs, and backside, and merged it with a tarutaru chocobo's front.

Does anybody else see that?

The proportions seem different yeah (although it might be the way it's positioned), but I think it looks better honestly. They probably did it for balance issues.
First Page 2