Volte Drop Rate (Working As Intended?)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Volte Drop Rate (Working as Intended?)
Volte Drop Rate (Working as Intended?)
First Page 2 3 4
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-02 15:38:19  
I know the drop rate for Volte gear in dynamis is quite rare to begin with, but has anyone else not seen a drop in a while or a particularly low streak? It's been at least 5 Windy runs straight (with TH11-13) and I have not seen one piece of gear. Nothing from Wave2 boss either. I used to do dynamis runs 2x/week and I would see at least one volte every 2-3 runs. Just wondering if anyone else has really bad results lately and if it could be attributed to bad luck. I joked with some people that the volte drop rate could be bugged, but now it's no longer funny and I am curious if something is up. Prob working as intended, but figured I would ask anyways.
 Asura.Nuance
サーバ: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-11-02 15:40:46  
We got 2 from windy the other day. But we pray and make regular sacrifices to RNGesus
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-02 15:41:07  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I know the drop rate for Volte gear in dynamis is quite rare to begin with, but has anyone else not seen a drop in a while or a particularly low streak? It's been at least 5 Windy runs straight (with TH11-13) and I have not seen one piece of gear. Nothing from Wave2 boss either. I used to do dynamis runs 2x/week and I would see at least one volte every 2-3 runs. Just wondering if anyone else has really bad results lately and if it could be attributed to bad luck. I joked with some people that the volte drop rate could be bugged, but now it's no longer funny and I am curious if something is up. Prob working as intended, but figured I would ask anyways.

Windy has been awful to us, but Jeuno put out 3 drops last night (2 hands, 1 foot). Certainly not what we're hoping for, but its likely not fair to analyze drops in a "per zone" look, but rather all zones across all groups seen as one.
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-11-02 15:41:32  
sorry but it's just you, drops are random as ever.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-02 15:59:51  
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-02 16:02:08  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-11-02 16:17:14  
We've had a really bad run too lately. It sucks, the drop rate for the pieces should be higher for alliance content, frankly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-02 16:22:02  
Does TH affect Volte drop rates?
By Sidiov 2020-11-02 16:22:56  
Got Volte Brayettes from windy on Friday, so it is 'working'.
But yes, the drop rates for volte should be increased, and wouldnt harm anything, besides causing some people farming specifically for volte to stop doing DynaD?
By Felgarr 2020-11-02 16:31:47  
Does TH affect Volte drop rates?

Volte drops is one the few, remaining things that Treasure Hunter does in fact affect.

I did 30 consecutive runs of Dynamis Windy and got 17 volte pieces, which by itself sounds amazing. This includes: 1 head, 1 body, 4 hands, 6 legs, 5 feet. Every boss in wave 2 was proc'ed with TH9-13 across the 30 runs.

For the wave 2 boss, the body dropped after 1/30 kills. However, 2 dozen runs of TH12 wasn't helping get the body so, I decided to stick it out for TH14 on ever kill after that. It took 7 Wave 2 Boss Kills with TH14 for the body to drop. That's pretty crazy if you compare it to the Ultra Rare/Super Rare TH14 percentage that SE gave us.

So ...random is random, sadly. (I still think that SE randomly adjusts their drop rates from month to month as they see fit, but of course, can't substantiate it).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-02 16:43:47  
RNG is RNG, just wondering. I was considering just dropping TH altogether so I wouldn't have to stress as much. Will stick it out, thanks.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-02 16:49:09  
guess I've just hit a point where trying to quantify what TH12 vs TH14 (or any other TH-related question) has just become white noise. I can either accept SE at their word regarding merely just the concept of Treasure Hunter existing, so it must exist for a reason, or completely ignore it. I just choose to believe that no company would waste the man-hours to code in such a concept without it having some base effect somewhere in the math. Add to this that actually applying it to a mob has never once resulted in me losing a fight... I figure 'why not'.
By Felgarr 2020-11-02 16:51:53  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
guess I've just hit a point where trying to quantify what TH12 vs TH14 (or any other TH-related question) has just become white noise. I can either accept SE at their word regarding merely just the concept of Treasure Hunter existing, so it must exist for a reason, or completely ignore it. I just choose to believe that no company would waste the man-hours to code in such a concept without it having some base effect somewhere in the math. Add to this that actually applying it to a mob has never once resulted in me losing a fight... I figure 'why not'.

100% agree. I think SE is not so cruel as to make TH exist but have no worthwhile effect. (You can determine whether TH12 to TH14 is worth it for you). However, my favorite example of SE cruelty is: In old Nyzule Isle, choosing Left or Right to go up on the next floor results in the same example packet being sent. (rofl).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-02 16:54:37  
No, I get the concept completely. So it's not an issue to apply it every fight. But it can take A VERY long time to go from 12-13, and 14 you could theoretically kill the red eye commanders in melee strikes alone ( at least I have). Not trying to quantify tiny percentage variances, either it works or it doesn't. I just know some things TH has no effect on, didn't know if volte was included in that.

Confirmation bias: I've seen a good amount of volte drops with just th4 in groups, so my initial eyeball test would conclude there was no difference, which is why I don't trust my own opinions on it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-02 17:01:39  
No, I get the concept completely. So it's not an issue to apply it every fight. But it can take A VERY long time to go from 12-13, and 14 you could theoretically kill the red eye commanders in melee strikes alone ( at least I have). Not trying to quantify tiny percentage variances, either it works or it doesn't. I just know some things TH has no effect on, didn't know if volte was included in that.

Confirmation bias: I've seen a good amount of volte drops with just th4 in groups, so my initial eyeball test would conclude there was no difference, which is why I don't trust my own opinions on it.

For me the debate has to boil down to the comparison of TH4 vs TH11+. I find it hard to locate anyone who can't visually see the difference between TH0->TH4. That part is obvious. Its also pretty obvious that the growth is not linear with each extra tic of TH; there's a large initial spike due to merely getting ANY Treasure Hunter on a target, but the improvement of results becomes nigh impossible to truly study after that first application.

So it seems to me that I'm reading a similar feeling in your posts. Is it worth the lost time due to slower kills in order to step-up the TH on individual targets (say Red-Eye NMs as you mention), or is just getting TH8'ish and killing as many as possible a better move? I'll always desire more kills over singular results. Not saying it has always led to better returns, but the concept seems better to me.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2020-11-02 17:06:17  
We had a strike for the past 10 runs but suddenly dropped 3 in a row yesterday in sandy, so it's just bad luck I'd say
By Felgarr 2020-11-02 17:10:55  

For me the debate has to boil down to the comparison of TH4 vs TH11+. I find it hard to locate anyone who can't visually see the difference between TH0->TH4. That part is obvious. Its also pretty obvious that the growth is not linear with each extra tic of TH; there's a large initial spike due to merely getting ANY Treasure Hunter on a target, but the improvement of results becomes nigh impossible to truly study after that first application.

So it seems to me that I'm reading a similar feeling in your posts. Is it worth the lost time due to slower kills in order to step-up the TH on individual targets (say Red-Eye NMs as you mention), or is just getting TH8'ish and killing as many as possible a better move? I'll always desire more kills over singular results. Not saying it has always led to better returns, but the concept seems better to me.

On the subject of applying TH, my Thief has a TH+5 set with approximately crit.hit rate +30-60% in gear, depending on Accuracy and then I use Acc food. I also give the THF rogue's roll for ~22% more crit.hit, Fighter's Roll for extra double attack and Haste 2 from a Red Mage. Some folks say that TH can only be applied on the first swing, I honestly don't know if that's true, but my timestamped logs and (anecdotal feelings) tell me that I get TH procs much more frequently this way.

I have a few logged instances of getting TH9-14 very quickly. Using the above setup, my fastest ever, was getting TH10-14 was 2 minutes, 23 seconds:
Code
[14:59:35] Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Fii Pexu the Eternal increases to 10.
[15:00:03] Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Fii Pexu the Eternal increases to 11.
[15:01:08] Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Fii Pexu the Eternal increases to 12.
[15:01:45] Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Fii Pexu the Eternal increases to 13.
[15:01:58] Additional effect: Treasure Hunter effectiveness against Fii Pexu the Eternal increases to 14.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-02 17:10:59  
Our worst bad luck has been specifically in the Bastok Zone (the zone where we got the least volte drops of all zones) where we went with no Volte for 13 consecutive runs.

We were still getting volte from the other zones though.
Our average back then was 1 volte drop every 1,5 runs, approx?

We've been doing Dynamis Divergence twice a week since release, with a 1,5 month break during summer. Pretty decent sample if you ask me!
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-11-02 17:21:42  
Treasure Hider is working as intended.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-02 17:31:34  
Bodies-wise we've seen
1x Bastok Body
1x Sandy Body
1x Jeuno Body
6x Windy Body (could be 7 honestly)

These numbers aren't even though, because we basically kill Windy and Jeuno W2 boss every bloody time, whereas we normally kill Bastok and Sandy W2 Bosses only when we do W3, which isn't often honestly.

So it's actually quite surprising in overall the same amount of kills we've got only 1 Jeuno Body (and pretty recently!) and 6-7 Windy bodies. Wtf?
 Shiva.Ariaum
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ariaum
By Shiva.Ariaum 2020-11-02 18:12:04  
Body wise -

1 windy
0 sandy
4 jeuno
1 basty

To many other random pieces from all zones to count, did 2 times a week till this summer. Sandy seemed to drop the least for us over all.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-02 19:14:41  

You can only kill each NM once per run anyway, so if you want Volte, it only makes sense to cap TH. If you refer to the TH chart SE gave us:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Treasure_Hunter

Most likely, bodies are slotted as Rare or Very Rare.

A Rare drop would go from 10.5% at TH8 to 20% at TH14, almost doubling it.

A Very Rare drop would go from 4.75% at TH8 to 10% at TH14, more than doubling it.

I don't think double volte drops exist, so the other pieces are probably a shared slot that's either Very Rare or Super Rare. Again, you're looking at more than double the droprate with TH14 over TH8.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
user: Mindhax
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-02 20:14:46  
Bodies seem to share a slot with the currency so I don't believe TH should have any affect. My VoDs expired so I can't go back to get a screenshot anymore but all Bodies I've seen drop only had 3 currency instead of 4.
By Felgarr 2020-11-02 20:59:36  
Bismarck.Mindslaver said: »
Bodies seem to share a slot with the currency so I don't believe TH should have any affect. My VoDs expired so I can't go back to get a screenshot anymore but all Bodies I've seen drop only had 3 currency instead of 4.

I disagree. Wave 2 bosses can drop 4 or 5 items, depending on TH and luck. My volte haubert dropped in the 4th slot...but I'm confident it can be any slot...and definitely varies with TH.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-02 21:09:47  
5th item has always just been the offering that I've seen, when items share slot hasn't it been confirmed that TH doesn't help with odds? Like Defending Ring.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2020-11-02 21:19:03  
Bismarck.Mindslaver said: »
5th item has always just been the offering that I've seen, when items share slot hasn't it been confirmed that TH doesn't help with odds? Like Defending Ring.

This doesn't make any sense to me either. I only have 16 occurrences of the Offerring item dropping and in all 16 cases, it's the second item drop out of 4-5 items dropping from the wave 2 boss.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-02 21:26:36  
I wasn't referring to the Offering being in the #5 slot in the pool, just that it was the 5th item when there was an extra, That slot could just be loading between others. If the body could load in that slot I would expect there to be a screenshot somewhere at this point of 4 currency + body. I've never seen Offering with only 3 currency, always 4.
 Odin.Phillytool
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Phillytool 2020-11-02 21:59:01  
Me and my buddy got 3 peices in windy today. Th ranged from 9-11. We have gotten truple the amount of volte the past few weeks with a thief then the year and a half before that without a thf. Got extra lucky and got hands, legs and feet. No doubles.
First Page 2 3 4