フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » JP Mercs ~rant~
JP Mercs ~rant~
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Valen
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Rhad
By Asura.Valen 2020-10-02 10:49:28  
Just returned to the game and got scammed last night. Paid 4m for 500 JP to this Pigeons guy and went to sleep. Woke up with 128 JP, at my Home Point, kicked from the party.

Sent him some tells, he blocked me...

Do you guys know anybody who's minimally honest that does this kind of stuff? I started playing this game 16 years ago and I know the community isn't perfect, but I still didn't expect to get scammed D:
By Pantafernando 2020-10-02 11:29:14  
Im not sure what the conditions.

Maybe you can earn 500jp if you have all gifts unlocked at same amount of time you can earn 128 right from start.

Idk why you were HPed though. Maybe you put your char somewhere where you could get aggro or receive dmg from AoE?

Anyway 4m per 500 sounds quite cheap though, so cheap thats suspectful.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-10-02 11:44:32  
Pantafernando said: »
Anyway 4m per 500 sounds quite cheap though, so cheap thats suspectful.

Norm on Asura now.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-02 11:57:25  
There are some camps that simply cannot get you 500 JP overnight (8 hours of sleep) because they are now so overcamped by bots. Even with a +50% cape and every JP boost done (except for being in last place Unity boost), one of the caves took me 12 and a half hours to earn 500 on a job because the person's bots (because... let's face it) couldn't keep chains. If you had less JP boosts, the RMT could have noticed you were gaining single JPs at a much lower rate possibly. The other thing (which is most likely) is that the being-at-homepoint thing sounds like you got killed, however. If you were dead for an hour and were homepointed and not coming back, I can see them booting you.

Any of the caverns camps are likely just overcamped by bots farmin' up that gil for the upcoming holiday season when all the kiddies get some holiday gift money to burn on buying gil.

I suggest Outer Ra'Kaznar camps. Annoying to get to, but much less populated by bots for that very reason.
[+]
 Asura.Valen
By Asura.Valen 2020-10-02 12:56:34  
Idk why you were HPed though. Maybe you put your char somewhere where you could get aggro or receive dmg from AoE?

That's a genuine possibility, but if that's the case, then everybody else died too.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-10-02 13:03:49  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
There are some camps that simply cannot get you 500 JP overnight (8 hours of sleep) because they are now so overcamped by bots. Even with a +50% cape and every JP boost done (except for being in last place Unity boost), one of the caves took me 12 and a half hours to earn 500 on a job because the person's bots (because... let's face it) couldn't keep chains. If you had less JP boosts, the RMT could have noticed you were gaining single JPs at a much lower rate possibly. The other thing (which is most likely) is that the being-at-homepoint thing sounds like you got killed, however. If you were dead for an hour and were homepointed and not coming back, I can see them booting you.

Any of the caverns camps are likely just overcamped by bots farmin' up that gil for the upcoming holiday season when all the kiddies get some holiday gift money to burn on buying gil.

I suggest Outer Ra'Kaznar camps. Annoying to get to, but much less populated by bots for that very reason.

Yeah I second this. Outer is annoying to get to, but it's so isolated that it's almost always empty. It's even more isolated than inner apex camps (ironically).
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-10-02 13:09:17  
Asura.Valen said: »

That's a genuine possibility, but if that's the case, then everybody else died too.

Not really? You could have simply not have been on the healer's cure list, or you got one shotted by a move.

Did you... check the log before you drew conclusions?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-10-02 13:21:46  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Did you... check the log before you drew conclusions?
Odds are that the log was erased because of shout spam.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-02 13:48:04  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »

Yeah I second this. Outer is annoying to get to, but it's so isolated that it's almost always empty. It's even more isolated than inner apex camps (ironically).

Problem with outer imo isnt to get there, but mobs requirements are quite high. Lol, around 1300 acc, its almost to the point you need a decentish party to beat mobs there. And i supose when mercing youre reducing to the bare minimum your fighting chars to add more costumers. Unless jp mercs just build alliance to screw cp earning lol. I wonder how slow it would be if thats the case.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-02 13:53:47  
Don't GMs actually enforce agreements like this? I know they do with items at least.
By Shichishito 2020-10-02 13:54:45  
if you advertise for 500 JP you deliver 500 JP, if it depends on the individals CP bonuses you have to mention that up front. if he wasn't overly agressive when he tried to clear things up the fact that he got blocked just further indicates that he got scammed. a reputable person would probably have offered a spot to do the rest of the 500 JP or a partial charge back.

then again JP mercing, just like every other form of mercing in FFXI, is a entirely trust based transaction in a environment where anti social to downright sociopathic behaviour is the norm and with very little to no repercussions. getting scammed is to be expected.

crazy suggestion, join a real CP party or try building one.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-02 14:16:28  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Don't GMs actually enforce agreements like this? I know they do with items at least.

That would be kinda hilarious GM enforcing an agreement that is based on third party tools and boting.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-02 14:21:00  
Shichishito said: »
crazy suggestion, join a real CP party or try building one.

Youre right, but damn... 4m is too cheap if you can just drag a mule with just part of the cp boosts, no gear or good job to actually help in real party.

Im even considering moving those 1$ mule To assura just to grab some SCH master and a PUP master.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-02 14:34:58  
Most obvious answer is some troll joined and warped everyone, including you. Since you were asleep and could not get back they just booted you.

Just a guess.
By Shichishito 2020-10-02 14:36:29  
don't they charge up front?
By Pantafernando 2020-10-02 14:45:01  
RadialArcana said: »
Most obvious answer is some troll joined and warped everyone, including you. Since you were asleep and could not get back they just booted you.

Just a guess.

If this is an obvious answer, then assura is indeed a shithole.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2020-10-02 15:51:34  

Just a guess.

If this is an obvious answer, then assura is indeed a shithole.

It's not an obvious answer clearly, but I have seen people shouting to join so they could warp everyone. I guess living in a shithole is the trade off for being able to get people for content? Idk I like it the way it was before everyone and their alts used it as a silk road.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-02 20:08:45  

There is a RMT trick they use to get around this. They list items in bazaar for the price they are asking. GMs do not enforce anything related to bazaar. They only care if gil was transferred via trade. The "trick" of RMT to charge via bazaar isn't limited to RMT though as honest people (and "honest" RMT not trying to scam you, I guess) will also use the "pay me via my bazaar" because it is also quicker than dicking about with the trade menu with multiple people situations. A payment via bazaar will show up in chat logs "Player bought ____" where a trade via trade window doesn't give a message (or maybe it does say "Trade complete" in chat log, but doesn't say names and I can't remember exactly), but if it doesn't then it would be tougher to take payments from multiple buyers at once and keep track of who all paid (before Vagary for example).
By Jetackuu 2020-10-02 22:32:45  
Just returned to the game and got scammed last night. Paid 4m for 500 JP to this Pigeons guy and went to sleep. Woke up with 128 JP, at my Home Point, kicked from the party.

Sent him some tells, he blocked me...

Do you guys know anybody who's minimally honest that does this kind of stuff? I started playing this game 16 years ago and I know the community isn't perfect, but I still didn't expect to get scammed D:
I mean, you could try to just CP yourself, or not get a bot to merc it. These bots don't really have any reason to negotiate, once they have your gil, it's moot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2020-10-02 23:02:25  

That would be kinda hilarious GM enforcing an agreement that is based on third party tools and boting.
I remember receiving many calls back in the Abyssea days when people would fell cleave (especially at mandies in Altep).
I don't remember the exact policy but I remember that it was lax enough for me not to give a ***and just farm my Empyreans instead.

There are so many ways to earn JPs without being bothered that if you get scammed, eh, you deserve it. Don't annoy GMs over this, they're not paid enough to just spend their time telling you to *** off.
[+]
 Asura.Valen
By Asura.Valen 2020-10-02 23:46:05  
I did deserve it tbh, I didn't ask for referrals from my friends or anything. I was careless.

But people who provide services like this could also learn that by honoring your part of a deal (or simply not blocking people who are unsatisfied by the service), you don't get a bad rep and actually end up building a clientele...
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2020-10-03 02:17:12  
don't buy from any doh gates shout by rule of thumb. the outer rak ones are faster and pretty reliable in my experience. i did whm sch and smn there because *** cping those jobs myself.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-03 04:18:37  
Just for curiosity, what setup those efficient sellers use? I would like to see the lowest but fastest setup to beat apex mobs.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-03 05:55:39  
GEO, SAM, WHM is the killing party. They full time this:

SAM/WAR:

GEO/RDM:

WHM/RDM:

They have an out of party level 1 mule in a city spamming yell non-stop 24/7. The one level 1 mule is filling slots for multiple JP bot parties/camps and directs you to who will invite and who to pay.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-10-03 06:11:51  
Jinpu spam i see.
By Jetackuu 2020-10-03 09:38:56  
you don't get a bad rep and actually end up building a clientele...
most of them are RMT, they get banned and remake constantly, they literally don't care.
By RadialArcana 2020-10-03 09:50:37  
Job point sellers don't get banned, at all.

They know the rules, they work within them.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-03 10:43:22  
They know the rules

Jetackuu said: »
most of them are RMT, they get banned and remake constantly, they literally don't care.

I wish people would quit having alts to advertise their:

1. Ballista linkshell.
2. Odin items.
3. Escha equipment.
4. Midboss dynamis D.
5. Leveling 1~99, 1~50, and 50~99

My blacklist skills are great, but I have 16/55 accounts active at once this month and it's tough to keep up when I'm just logging in for a quick DI, Gobbiedial, and Login points.

(Just kidding. I have yell turned off on alts. ***was gettin' real.)
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 11:25:44  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Norm on Asura now.

Doesn't anybody actually do things for themselves anymore? I can see merc to do things like Omen where you need people but paying people to play for you, etc. Why even play the game?
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2020-10-03 11:35:27  
Mattelot said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »
Norm on Asura now.

Doesn't anybody actually do things for themselves anymore? I can see merc to do things like Omen where you need people but paying people to play for you, etc. Why even play the game?
You do realize most people who play this game are in there mid 30s have partners,kids,jobs. And don’t have the time to play as much as they did, hell I sell crap all the time, but there are times I’m like fk it I want to do other ***. And I’ll buy something.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5