Fix your game SE
 Asura.Esoj
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Esoj 2020-09-28 22:20:05  
What is love?
By Onimaru 2020-09-28 23:40:10  
Bahamut.Suph said: »
As someone who has done aeonic/dynamis/omen/master trial with equipsets, I can tell you the game is fine to play in vanilla.

Vanilla players don't know what zone theyre in half the time lol. Any1 with half a brain cell can tell you the game needs improvements bad. That's a non debatable point. The main reason SE even implemented a windowed version of the game and equipsets was because the players themselves had the sense to make them first. The fact you're enjoying some QoL stuff in the current version of the game is bc other players cared enough to make them and not SE, who then implemented a watered down version of their ideas after banning those guys, but since you're so vanilla why don't you go back to playing full screen, og icons, no timers and simple macros again instead of ungratefully using the mechanics more dedicated players created for us for free?

Quote:
And if we're gonna weigh people's opinion basing on their remas, your is worth only 2/3 of mine.

bruh, if overcompensating was a person.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-28 23:51:24  
Onimaru said: »
As someone who has done aeonic/dynamis/omen/master trial with equipsets, I can tell you the game is fine to play in vanilla.

Vanilla players don't know what zone theyre in half the time lol. Any1 with half a brain cell can tell you the game needs improvements bad. That's a non debatable point. The main reason SE even implemented a windowed version of the game and equipsets was because the players themselves had the sense to make them first. The fact you're enjoying some QoL stuff in the current version of the game is bc other players cared enough to make them and not SE, who then implemented a watered down version of their ideas after banning those guys, but since you're so vanilla why don't you go back to playing full screen, og icons, no timers and simple macros again instead of ungratefully using the mechanics more dedicated players created for us for free?

Quote:
And if we're gonna weigh people's opinion basing on their remas, your is worth only 2/3 of mine.

The man does have a point.
 Sylph.Pve
サーバ: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2020-09-29 00:21:11  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I literally don't even know what /cm l is

But by default, I mean, default. Crash, log back in, it's set to /say by default. I wanted it to be set to /tell self or /party so if I forget to change it manually, there's no *** ups for everyone to see.

Like.... why does it go BACK to say, can't the damn thing remember it was set to party? Who uses say!? (very rarely)

I'm late but you can just use autoexec with 1 line that does /cm l or whatever chat you want to default on login condition. This along with set wincontrol (ffxi instance window) pos to set each character's window itself without moving it every time I play (multibox).

It's not exactly what you were looking for but I just set it and forget it. Feels good being able to not do /cm l anymore.

EDIT: Someone asked me to clarify on this, probably easier to show instead. Have autoexec and wincontrol installed in plugins and set up something like this in the autoexec file for 3box.

I am sure this could be converted into a lua addon if someone bothered enough to do it.

Code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<autoexec>

<register event="login_char1name">wincontrol move 355 180</register>
	<register event="login_char2name">wincontrol move 95 45</register>
	<register event="login_char3name">wincontrol move 600 45</register>

<register event="login_char1name">input /cm p</register>
	<register event="login_char2name">input /cm p</register>
	<register event="login_char3name">input /cm p</register>

</autoexec>
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-29 01:06:33  
You could do the /cm l thing in the init.txt also no?

Add a line that would look like this?

exec changechattols.txt

Then in the changechattols.txt:

Pause 10
Input /cm l

Yes no maybe so?
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-09-29 03:34:13  
missdivine said: »

But Yandaime and Shiraj stated "No OnE HaS BeEn bAnNed FoR dEcAdES! yet i see similar topics every week.

HA, that's an old one.
I still stand by it though lol.
If SE starts witch-hunting again Eijin's channel get's waxed right off the bat lol. I suspect the OP did something obscene and just isn't fessing up? Idk, I'm on omw to work, I only popped in to say hi :P
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-29 03:59:26  

Quote:

It is extremely unfair to lump all "vanilla" players into a single group that is essentially code for "newbie". I had the luxury for about a year to play with a shell who's vast majority of members were what I called "old heads"- ppl who started with the beta release, and got comfortable playing "vanilla". Easily some of the best players I've had the joy of working with.

They also had to spend a HELLLUVA lot more time on equipsets and tweaking things than us lua users. Their dedication to get performance levels up to what was expected at endgame was amazing.

As a general concept, I can agree that its usually safe to assume that the majority of vanilla players aren't sporting varying levels of accuracy in their TP sets, have ways to swap easily to obis when weather is active, or can drop into turtle mode at a moment's notice. But that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Major shoutout to Lex and crew for opening my eyes to some great "vanilla" players during my Bahamut time. Again, don't take this as a general statement- but he and his friends did show me a different way to enjoy the game and succeed.
[+]
By DPSKngWJlly 2020-09-29 04:40:31  
Dont pay for ffxi retail.... N cheat simple *** they gotta fix a 18 yr old game now. Since u done w ffxi jump on 14 they ok w the cheats or play elder scrool ffxi aint ur cup of tea sweet ❤
By Rips 2020-09-29 04:50:07  
They fixed it for you. It’s called FFXIV.

Go check there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2020-09-29 07:18:05  
Never get why you would use lua/plugins in the first place. Don't half of them break every update or so?

Could not be asked with having to rely on them.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-09-29 07:26:20  
Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
Never get why you would use lua/plugins in the first place. Don't half of them break every update or so?

They almost never break anything these days do to various reasons. (7~ years), SE finally changed a packet structure ever so slightly related to chat they finally broke something last update.

edit: they may have broken something once again when they added unity chat/2nd LS years ago. I forget at this point. Chat packet is all they really break they some times expand others but that doesn't tend to break anything just makes addons miss new info.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-29 07:32:41  
Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »

lolwut? Most of what "breaks" is poorly written 2nd or 4th party tools/changes that people spread constantly. Don't get confused.

As for me, in case gearswap goes on whm, I have a backup macro pallet with my gear changes via equipsets in case I need to revert, ut's nowhere near as efficient, just means more work for me. I've had to use it once, and that's because there was a glitch in the heavy modded whm lua I used, it's fixed now.

If anything it makes me not want to play with changes, as it is super stable
By Onimaru 2020-09-29 07:48:41  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
They also had to spend a HELLLUVA lot more time on equipsets and tweaking things than us lua users. Their dedication to get performance levels up to what was expected at endgame was amazing.

As a general concept, I can agree that its usually safe to assume that the majority of vanilla players aren't sporting varying levels of accuracy in their TP sets, have ways to swap easily to obis when weather is active, or can drop into turtle mode at a moment's notice. But that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Ah, I should've specified again, but I meant most of them & not all. I admire any vanilla player who's skilled enough to keep up with the current demands of the game as they simply seem to be shaped for more technical players. In my experience it just seems to be either a lack of effort or taboo at the use of windower/gearswap. Something I had to overcome myself when I came back in 2016 and still am a layman about. I just know the basics. I'm just not gonna go around calling ppl who put effort in making updates for windower/addons/plugins to make the game more enjoyable for all 'cheaters' despite of what the arbitrary SE or some vanilla players may think. I shudder at the fact there may still be ppl today straight up reporting actual players out of spite, possibly terminating years of playtime in an instant.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-09-29 07:53:37  
SR has been buggy as hell for the past 4 months. Fix that ***.
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2020-09-29 09:23:01  
Sylph.Pve said: »
I am sure this could be converted into a lua addon if someone bothered enough to do it.

This addon already exists, is called position_manager, and it is in windower's launcher.
By Jetackuu 2020-09-29 09:49:04  
lol, yeah wincontrol in init is amazeballs
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-29 09:51:54  
I shudder at the fact there may still be ppl today straight up reporting actual players out of spite, possibly terminating years of playtime in an instant.
There is a severe lapse in logic if you think a person reporting is responsible for a cheater getting banned for cheating.

Is it snowden's fault the US government was spying on private citizens?

Is it NYT's fault that trump's taxes make him look bad?

The cause of the bans is the person cheating. The report is a catalyst at best, and the ban could've happened with or without it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 09:52:49  
Lili said: »
Sylph.Pve said: »

This addon already exists, is called position_manager, and it is in windower's launcher.

Wincontrol yes, but not the part about defaulting chat from say.
 Bahamut.Surealistic
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Sureal
By Bahamut.Surealistic 2020-09-29 10:24:04  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I shudder at the fact there may still be ppl today straight up reporting actual players out of spite, possibly terminating years of playtime in an instant.
There is a severe lapse in logic if you think a person reporting is responsible for a cheater getting banned for cheating.

Is it snowden's fault the US government was spying on private citizens?

Is it NYT's fault that trump's taxes make him look bad?

The cause of the bans is the person cheating. The report is a catalyst at best, and the ban could've happened with or without it.

HOW DARE SOMEONE HOLD ME RESPONSIBLE FOR MY BEHAVIOR...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 10:42:27  
If you could pop people with excessive reports, it would be being done. Trust that. I'd drop 50 reports on literally everyone who inconvenienced me.

Having done just that to one particular douchenozzle, he's still not banned. I've reported him every. single. day. since 10/27/18. In game and in the STF section.

He clearly doesn't cheat, or they surely would've gotten him by now with ~1400 reports. True undeserved bans are exceedingly rare. (it's a matter of principle at this point, it's worth 5 minutes of my time to try to get this asswipe banned out of spite)
By Mattelot 2020-09-29 10:47:25  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
It is extremely unfair to lump all "vanilla" players into a single group that is essentially code for "newbie". I had the luxury for about a year to play with a shell who's vast majority of members were what I called "old heads"- ppl who started with the beta release, and got comfortable playing "vanilla". Easily some of the best players I've had the joy of working with.

Major shoutout to Lex and crew for opening my eyes to some great "vanilla" players during my Bahamut time. Again, don't take this as a general statement- but he and his friends did show me a different way to enjoy the game and succeed.

I had to re-read all that. At first, it sounded like someone was insinuating that old school players didn't know what they were doing.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-29 10:56:42  
Trust that. I'd drop 50 reports on literally everyone who inconvenienced me
Biggest cheater on these boards, jesus. You have no soul dude. Get a life.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 11:05:38  

If the people paid to do their jobs, did their jobs, I wouldn't be able to do what I do. Be mad at square for allowing it.

and, if people did their jobs appropriately, I may not be doing them at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-09-29 11:07:20  
Ok chump.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-09-29 11:11:20  
Draugo, I get what he's saying. He's saying that if it was possible to just report people and get them banned, he would do it. And you and I both know that so many others would. Admitting that just makes you honest.

It doesn't mean he's wanting things to be that way.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-29 11:16:14  
Mattelot said: »
It doesn't mean he's wanting things to be that way.
Having done just that to one particular douchenozzle, he's still not banned. I've reported him every. single. day. since 10/27/18. In game and in the STF section.
Sounds like he actually wants it that way.

Since he openly admitting on doing this JUST because he doesn't like a person.

It seems like he actually wants SE to do that. I mean, why else would he continue to do something he knows will fail.

The very definition of insanity....
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 11:20:05  
Nah if they were dumb enough to do it, it would affect me very negatively.

No one would be left to buy, you'd all nuke each other. Bad parse? nuke. Yell anything? nuke. "Sorry our party's full?" nuke. Overpaid on the AH? nuke. Doing a trial in the spot I wanted to use? nuke. Undercutting? nuke.

I'd be ok if I could do it! But not any of you.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-29 11:24:46  
Honestly, I don't think people would care enough to report 50+ times on any/every slight.

We aren't all like you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-29 11:32:36  
There's already a case study. And this community is much trashier than wows, so it's a gimmie.
[+]
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2020-09-29 12:04:05  
There's already a case study. And this community is much trashier than wows, so it's a gimmie.

But it's also harder to report someone in FFXI than it is in WoW, now if there was a lua addon to report players...
[+]