users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Avoiding TP loss
Avoiding TP loss
 Bahamut.Keeriyis
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Keeriyis
By Bahamut.Keeriyis 2020-09-20 16:55:20  
I may be a little confused about preshot to midshot sets to ws set.
If your pre and midshot have a sword and a shield, but your ws set has a sword and a dagger, won't you lose that TP you've been building? How would that macro look? I don't use gearswap or luas so I have no clue if standard macros would allow this. I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I've played a long time but gear changing still baffles me. Thanks in advance :)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-20 17:00:52  
Bahamut.Keeriyis said: »
I may be a little confused about preshot to midshot sets to ws set.
If your pre and midshot have a sword and a shield, but your ws set has a sword and a dagger, won't you lose that TP you've been building? How would that macro look? I don't use gearswap or luas so I have no clue if standard macros would allow this. I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I've played a long time but gear changing still baffles me. Thanks in advance :)

weapon choices are extremely varied for Corsair nowadays, and such, even though those page 1 sets show weaponry, they aren't relevant to making or breaking the build.

Another factor is that often if you're going to shoot on Corsair as primary damage, you'll come /DRG for extra racc,WSD, and High Jump as a hate-shedding tool, so those sets likely assume single-wielding. But if you're meleeing for damage, you'll of course want to dual wield. As you'll melee for TP more than shoot, most WS sets probably will assume this and show the strongest offhand for the WS in question.

tl;dr- yes changing the gear in your mainhand, offhand, or ranged slot will cause loss of TP. Changing ammo does not. Build your sets regarding preshot/midshot/WS without actual weaponry, so that no matter what weapon setup you use, those sets will function as desired. Then pick your weapons based on the overall situation of the content at hand (until you start adding in weapon swaps for rolls- that's a whole different scenario regarding managing TP loss vs avoiding it).
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-20 17:08:21  
[+]
By Prong 2020-09-20 17:35:41  
I just make toggles for my weapons/ranged for whatever I am doing at the time for COR (Naegling/Blurred+1/Anarchy +2 for melee) with a //gs disable range added to my POL macro, so the ranged slot doesn't get swapped out when rolling.

Then, (Kustawi+1/Nusku Sheild/Fomal) for doing phys ranged dmg, or (Naegling/Tauret/WhatevergunyouuseforMagWS) for Magic WS. Just leave those in whole fight since like Cel said, swapping out weapons you lose TP. Then, I have a POL macro to //gs enable range I hit when rolling so it can swap in Compensator. May seem like a lot of swapping but it's really not bad and COR gets TP so fast anyhow whether with melee or Triple Shot, losing a bit of TP each time you must swap isn't even noticeable.
[+]