Lots Of Bugs Since Update???

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Lots of bugs since update???
Lots of bugs since update???
First Page 2
 Asura.Botosi
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-18 00:35:25  
Anyone been running into a LOT more bugs than usual since the past update?

List of bugs I've run into past 3 days:
1) Reraise message wouldn't pop up and couldn't cast raise on my mule because reraise was technically still on. Had to d/c my mule to reset it.

2) Yesterday trying to enter Ambuscade only 1-2 of my characters could enter at a time. The rest were being left in Mhaura.

3) Killing Unity NMs right now, only SOME of my chars are getting coffer drops despite ALL having 60k+ accolades and the objective set.
edit: looks like the coffers magically appeared into 3 of my character's inventory after zoning??

4) Loot pools not showing up

5) Equipped inventory not displaying properly (in the menu)

Anyone else going through this or similar problems?

Edited to show all issues.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-18 01:07:50  
I have been stuck at homepoint crystals 3 different times. I click the homepoint and the dialogue box doesn't pop up, but it freezes me like I'm in the choice box. I have to force connection lost. I have never used any homepoint warping programs or cheats.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-18 01:17:27  
I got stuck on a HP yesterday too, couldn't even hack/clip to the zone line like I always do when that happens to reset the "invisible menu bug" had to hard crash it.

Nothing else of note though, everything seems ok, shitload of unity no lost coffers, no zoning failures on ambuscade etc
By Pantafernando 2020-09-18 02:10:28  
That freezing i was seeing it too when augmenting capes with gorpa masorpa, but that was before update.

I had it happen twice. Really annoying bug
[+]
By boleslaus21 2020-09-18 05:26:03  
i actually had letters missing on my characters names and have been getting stuck on tele crystals and ambu npc
[+]
By SubparBob 2020-09-18 09:03:49  
Working my way through addons (unload all, reload one at a time). By chance are any of you using DressUp?

I lose the final character in name when I reload DressUp. Final character comes back on zone, but disappears when I interact with homepoint. This seems to random other PCs (last character missing in name). This happens when DressUp is the only addon.

Still working to see if an addon is causing the stuck menu. I'm getting it on homepoints and survival guides as well (haha but the constant forced hard crashes is demotivating)
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-18 09:12:23  
Yep... aside from the GearInfo addon seemingly breaking after the last update. (Someone please fix it! :) )

Today I was in Jueno and clicked on the AH and the my character froze. I could see chat updates, open equipment menu, etc... but couldn't move or select the auction house any longer. Had to log off and back in again. Never had something like this happen before.
By Masunasu 2020-09-18 09:16:45  
Apart from the character name missing a letter I'm also occasionally ending up with 0 gil/random items missing from inventory until I zone.

Could possibly be caused by some of the inventory management addons but I'm thinking it's likely an issue on SE's end.
 Asura.Sehbeh
user: Sehbeh
By Asura.Sehbeh 2020-09-18 09:39:07  
I have been seeing all of the problems stated so far in this thread. I have also been running into problems with the loot pool not updating after a kill. Doing Ou the other night after the boss died I could not see his drops at all. The pool was just filled with the same random trash drops from prev floors.

This happened again in Dynamis last night. Loot would not appear in the pool and when ppl lot it would say they lotted the same items over and over. Mobs that died would also be stuck on the screen without disappearing as they normally do. Similar to what would happen if you have All Seeing Eye loaded, but I did not.

File check came back with no errors.

Another thing was loading the Stars lua (the one that blocks the RMT/CP shouts) I had to zone before that lua would properly block the chat. Before when loading that lua it would take effect as soon as it came on without having to change zones.

I don't run with a lot of addons. Dress up is one that I use, but I don't use any inv management addons. Not even the one that lets you search for items.

Hope this info helps to figure things out.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-18 09:45:47  
Asura.Sehbeh said: »
Not even the one that lets you search for items.
That's FindAll
By Viciouss 2020-09-18 09:54:11  
I can safely say that afk bazaaring is working perfectly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2020-09-18 10:04:56  
My first thoughts are:
- Are people seeing these problems with vanilla?
- They definitely changed the chat packet; what ELSE did they change?
- This is... actually sort of encouraging? If they're making structural changes then that's good! There's stuff that needs to be addressed!
[+]
 Asura.Beardstarr
user: herrstarr
By Asura.Beardstarr 2020-09-18 10:16:31  
I've had the exact same issues as listed above - loot pool not updating, getting stuck when talking to a vendor or a crystal.

Doing Nyzul atm and go up a floor and i get teleported to limbo (no lamp, people, npcs etc just an empty floor) and also i am not getting chat updates. My friend goes up a floor and i do not see the Objective for the next floor etc.

Also had issues with Odin lamps - i would trade lamp to door, and then spawn lamps, they would not spawn however and then my lamp could become bugged and "unknown".

Very frustrating making it unplayable - have no special stuff installed just the standard windower pack of add ons etc.

Really hope this is something that can be fixed soon.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-18 10:31:43  
I do not have DressUp or FindAll or the Block your Stars addons.

I do not have any problems addressed above.

Notating this for science!
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-18 10:42:45  
Another issue just experienced. Sold a bunch of items to NPC and suddenly the items stopped selling. I could no longer even select them to sell it wouldn't come up with a price. Exit, reenter sale didn't help. After zoning all of the items that had the issue suddenly disappeared from my inventory. Apparently I really had sold them but the game didn't update my local inventory at the time. There is definitely something going on, been playing since launch and never seen issues like this.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-18 10:46:14  
Do you have any of the addons listed above on?

It would help a lot to see who has what addons on when reporting their issues.
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-18 10:58:45  
Masunasu said: »
Apart from the character name missing a letter I'm also occasionally ending up with 0 gil/random items missing from inventory until I zone.

Could possibly be caused by some of the inventory management addons but I'm thinking it's likely an issue on SE's end.

Ok thank god i'm not the only one experiencing this lol
 Asura.Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-18 11:00:05  
Asura.Sehbeh said: »
I have been seeing all of the problems stated so far in this thread. I have also been running into problems with the loot pool not updating after a kill. Doing Ou the other night after the boss died I could not see his drops at all. The pool was just filled with the same random trash drops from prev floors.

This happened again in Dynamis last night. Loot would not appear in the pool and when ppl lot it would say they lotted the same items over and over. Mobs that died would also be stuck on the screen without disappearing as they normally do. Similar to what would happen if you have All Seeing Eye loaded, but I did not.

File check came back with no errors.

Another thing was loading the Stars lua (the one that blocks the RMT/CP shouts) I had to zone before that lua would properly block the chat. Before when loading that lua it would take effect as soon as it came on without having to change zones.

I don't run with a lot of addons. Dress up is one that I use, but I don't use any inv management addons. Not even the one that lets you search for items.

Hope this info helps to figure things out.

This happened to me as well. I could see the pool on 1 char from OU, but other 3 chars I saw 0 drops. The characters that couldn't see the pool; they also had no indication of OU even dying in the chat logs.

Edit: I am running DressUp and Findall.

Edit: Full list of my official Addons:
Aecho
autoenterkey
autoinvite
autojoin
autora
azuresets
battlemod
boxdestroyer
cancel
capetrader
consoleBg
Debuffed
Dimmer
Distanceplus
Dressup
enemybar
enternity
findall
gearswap
giltracker
indinope
instaLS
itemizer
latentchecker
logger
lottery
myhome
omen
organizer
pointwatch
position_manager
pouches
rolltracker
scoreboard
send
shorcuts
silence
temps
timestamp
tparty
treasury
trusts
xivbar

unofficial:
equipviewer
unitynpc
fastfollow
superwarp
singer
roller
phantomgem
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2020-09-18 11:25:06  
I do notice that when I purchase medicine from the NPC that it won't appear in my inventory until I refresh the menu 2-3 times or just zone.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-18 11:32:55  
Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
- Are people seeing these problems with vanilla?

Who will be our guinea pig?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-18 11:34:16  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Who will be our guinea pig?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-18 11:39:51  
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-18 11:41:18  
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-18 11:50:58  
Normally, I would. Vanilla doesn't throw my game playing off too much most of the time since I don't use "press a button to play my job for me" lua or whatever. Today happens to be an exception though as I'm taking my remaining alts from the point in RoV where you get 5 trusts to the point where you can enter Reisenjima for Dark Matter augments down the road. That's going to take a lot of Windower's Eternity because I can't be bothered to pay attention to Gilgamesh, Iroha, and Tenzen for the 3,000th cutscene with them carrying on about Siren and The Ambassador.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-18 12:00:59  
I'm not doing it, I want my gearswaps!

I got a dynamis I'm co-leading tonight, so that's out for me.
 Asura.Sehbeh
user: Sehbeh
By Asura.Sehbeh 2020-09-18 12:10:25  
When I get home from work later on I can try loading up Vanilla and see whats up. If someone doesn't beat me to it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-18 12:12:27  
I use almost vanilla (Windower 4, but only use 4 plugins/addons normally (Silence, DelayMeNot, InstaLS, and Config), and I've had zero problems like these.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-18 12:14:45  
Haven't noticed any of the problems on Ashita3 or Ashita4.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-18 12:22:09  
With days and days of playing since update and only being locked to a Homepoint crystal 3 times over maybe 4 hours the night before last, it's certainly rare.

My first thought was that I was pressing the keys too quickly to choose my destination and getting around via homepoint warp to me is second nature and basically muscle-memory in my twitchy fingers at this point. What I mean is I fly through those menus and press enter at exactly the right moment I need to (after nearly two decades, you just know the lag between when you click something with a menu and when you can press up/down/enter).

If you want to try to emulate this, press your keys quickly, I guess. Again, only 3 times during lots of playtime so it may be difficult to replicate getting frozen in a dialogue box, but good luck to you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2