Pup Omen

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Pup Omen
Pup Omen
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-15 22:07:48  
So 4 Endgame PuP setup, each pup OD (party also has Cor and Geo) getting each boss 25% damage on each OD, do you think this will work?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Itachi 2020-09-16 14:43:11  
Only one you wouldn't be able to do is kei imo. Everything else is ez. I would instead opt for 1 pup to go tank pup just in case

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-09-16 16:28:09  
endxen said: »
Depends on the boss and how long it takes you to kill the midboss. Maybe Gin, possibly Fu if you have the buffs to feed it... doubtful on the others due to the mechanics or unique move they use.

They have a COR and GEO so Fu is very easily done. Me and My friends used to do Fu with PUP, SMN, COR, GEO.
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-16 23:24:15  
Thanks! For sure one will be Tank with capped. Does Fu steal pet buffs or do I need to go in and have em steal a few from me?
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-09-17 02:10:16  
Siren.Itachi said: »
Only one you wouldn't be able to do is kei imo. Everything else is ez. I would instead opt for 1 pup to go tank pup just in case

There was some proof-of-concept Kei stuff in the PUP forum a while back. Mechanically PUP nuking is awkward but it's powerful enough to take down Kei with proper skillchain setups.
By tunnels 2020-09-17 02:12:04  
I did Gin, Kyou, and Fu dual boxing with a friend as PUP x2, COR, GEO. Never got around to trying the other two before he quit, but they seemed like they would have been much more annoying.

gregchiro2013 said: »
Thanks! For sure one will be Tank with capped. Does Fu steal pet buffs or do I need to go in and have em steal a few from me?
He does steal actual buffs from pets: blaze spikes, pro/shell etc, but doesn't copy maneuvers like glassy gorger. We could kill him in a single OD by feeding him 15 buffs at the start and then 10 on each subsequent Ebullient. Just have the geo cor and non OD pup stand at 18-19 range and they will get their buffs stolen and should avoid all other damage. Can manipulate the buff count to whatever your group feels comfortable with.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-09-17 07:51:02  
gregchiro2013 said: »

I just had my GEO sub RDM and out everything I could up with next to no risk of my tank Auto dying Fu died very quickly to AFAC.
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-17 15:34:25  
Yep I have 6 chars...I have 3 pup, one Pimped Smn, Cor, Geo (non idris)
One of my pups has full (UDUG) nuking gear on his pup so only thing I can seem to find info on is Nuking pup timing their nukes for the skillchains, is their attachment for that? Ill let you know how it goes.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2020-09-17 15:37:35  
Pup is a great tank for omen.
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-17 21:11:23  
Only thing I am wondering is killing trash mobs fast with punch of pups....
Also, I assume on Midboss buff eater dont use any maneuvers?

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-09-17 22:19:35  
Everyone wants to use PUP as the pet side, but I think PUP really shines in Omen as the DD. 3-man Omen bosses(barring Kei) aren't much of an issue for PUP as main master DD. Malignance turns PUP master into a great DD+tank.

Gin: Pretty standard fight, maybe use healer automaton to help with the AoE.

Fu: Send in the automaton for the phases of absorption, use PUP dd outside of that when it's safe, this one is probably the best for straight Puppet kill though.

Kin: Now we get into gimmicks where PUP shines. Target is shut down by deactivate-activate-Ventriloquy, which gives PUP master free reign to solo DD with a couple of support jobs.

Kyou: Again, the gimmick can be managed with Ventriloquy. Just DD to your heart's content until it gets close to using Bravado, then ventriloquy all your hate onto the Puppet. Malignance shuts down the added effects mostly, but would recommend using healer or RDM puppet for the added help along with two supports or a healer and BRD. Only bad part is juggling meteor with Bravado at 10%. You'll only want to trigger Bravado right after a weak or well resisted Meteor. Leveraging GEO Fade will help, Bolster is recommended around sub 25% due to Meteor. You'll also want to make sure everything is good MP-wise at 26% before pushing into Meteor spam.

Kei?: Maybe a hybrid master+pet set with dd puppet to help with Skillchain frequency. GEO/COR and BRD should be enough support as Kei doesn't hit very hard. The key is just keeping skillchains constant and of course out of ranging Fuller. If doing master dd, you'll basically want to try and 3-step as much as possible with VS/Shijin-Shijin/VS-VS. If you can't reliably 3 step by yourself, with slow on then I wouldn't bother. Having SAM roll, multiple marches, while having enough attack and accuracy to deal decent damage with the skillchains is the key. It needs to be consistent or you will risk timeout from benediction or regen effect.

I can speak to personally having done all but Kei this way as PUP, BRD, GEO, (tribox) and trusts. BRD might be the key piece though, it's a 4 song Carn BRD with Honor. But obviously a player is going to be more helpful getting Elegy and Nocturne back on than my alt.

Midbosses aren't too bad either. Craver just benefits a lot from a GEO using BoG/EA Wilt, standard fight once that's up. As PUP master DD you have lots more control over Pain Sync than with Puppet as the primary DD. And on Gorger, you can leverage the puppet tanking via Ventriloquy if you pull hate.
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-17 23:04:01  
Thanks Mahayaya great stuff! I think for PS id just use inhib 2x, keep my tp at 3000, and bring one mule to Bloodpact it down.
Ill also report on my maxed blm build for Kei see if I can get that damn automation to time its nukes to two other pups (tank VE/SS and SS/VE setup)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
By gregchiro2013 2020-11-20 01:28:31  
First Test, 4 pups with no real buffs can kill Fu fast - all used OD one at a time. I must of fed him about 10-12 buffs per, and still Fu could not damage my automation while on OD.