:(
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-10 08:10:44  
Patch day bump (kill me plz).
By Izanami 2020-09-10 10:39:21  
Are you running a logger? You've been at it for a long time now. It would be interesting to see the frequency of mimics, noises, thuds, and loud thuds from all of these chests. I'm not sure you'd be able to separate the Mars and Venus orbs, though, since you aren't entering the BCNM too.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-09-10 10:55:54  
quit caring about it and it will drop.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-09-10 11:32:36  
Izanami said: »
Are you running a logger? You've been at it for a long time now. It would be interesting to see the frequency of mimics, noises, thuds, and loud thuds from all of these chests. I'm not sure you'd be able to separate the Mars and Venus orbs, though, since you aren't entering the BCNM too.

http://vanafratello.seesaa.net/
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-10 13:10:39  
Izanami said: »

I'm not no. I've done (bought my own or sat in party with someone else buying) at least 350 orbs. If I had to guess it's something like 60~ loud thuds. Of those, I've seen 3 shamash, 3 regal cuffs, 1 orpheus, tons of epam rings, 3 tartarus, a bunch of pulse weapons/bodies, and then a bunch of trash.

Only time I/someone else opens middle chest without loud is if there is like a 3-4 thud run or if 9 chests are opened without mimic but those are rare. I'd say of the 350, at least 225 were deaths.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-15 15:36:37  
LET'S *** GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-15 15:46:42  
Yay, now put it on a mannequin and never wear it
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-09-15 15:54:15  
***, who am I gonna sell my 130 silver vouchers to now!

(Congrats!)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-15 16:25:39  
How much did you spend all together for orbs?
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-15 16:36:16  
I would say roughly 600m worth in orbs, not counting the endless orbs I sat through with guys like Mouthpiece, Pibbles, and Tafari.

Gotta account for the stuff I sold too from orbs so at the end I’m about even, maybe a little ahead.
By Haziko 2020-09-15 17:17:03  
Congratulations, mate. That was one hell of a brutal run.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-15 17:35:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Funny how it takes people years to get some of these Omen/Vagary bodies (not from the actual content) and the power creep/gear releases are slowly invalidating them one by one.
By Haziko 2020-09-15 17:41:20  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Funny how it takes people years to get some of these Omen/Vagary bodies (not from the actual content) and the power creep/gear releases are slowly invalidating them one by one.

It's depressing, to be honest. It's also going to slowly trash the orbs market. Shamash and Ashera aren't going anywhere for a while, but the other bodies are slowly dwindling (if not outright gone when it comes to Udug/Nisroch unless you cannot do Lilith).
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-15 17:45:27  
All valid but honestly we’re at the point in this game where people collect rare ***for the sake of collecting rare ***.

At least Ashera has situations where it’s still BiS.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-15 17:47:55  
600m for a situation piece is rather crazy in my book... better options are around the corner...

Your gil tho and as long as your happy it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks
By Haziko 2020-09-15 17:56:03  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
600m for a situation piece is rather crazy in my book... better options are around the corner...

To be fair, he didn't pay 600M for it considering that was covered by other drops. For BRD (and RUN), it's also not that situational compared to the other bodies. Still very much BiS for certain sets.

In this case, I think it was moreso the grind of watching Luna go after it for that long. I didn't count how many orbs that he sat in party with me, but it was a lot.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-09-15 17:57:42  
Don't wanna be that guy but that bodies usefulness is very low. Even for run and brd...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-15 18:00:59  
I wasn't knocking this at all, I'm glad you finally got it. Insane that people have to resort to Trials and Tribulations BCNM to get rare items that should just regularly come from the event it drops from. And when you DO finally get it, they release something else really close in stats/situation that isn't nearly as much of a headache to obtain.

Sorry for rant, AMAN Trove is my least favorite thing they added to this game. And I got some good stuff from it, just silly IMO.

Haziko said: »
In this case, I think it was moreso the grind of watching Luna go after it for that long. I didn't count how many orbs that he sat in party with me, but it was a lot.

so painful to hear this.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-15 19:00:07  

Like I said before, if you factor in the fact that I sold two shamashes, regal cuffs, a few tartarus, a buncha pulse weapons, etc I actually ended up like...idk, maybe 90m~ ahead of where I started. If I ended up buying the ashera from someone else's orb I would have been down like 150-200m depending on the price.

Haziko said: »

To be fair, he didn't pay 600M for it considering that was covered by other drops. For BRD (and RUN), it's also not that situational compared to the other bodies. Still very much BiS for certain sets.

Was a pleasure hanging with you all those late nights in Horlais.

Remember...

>.>
:o
<.<

thats the magic right there.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-15 19:53:44  
If you sold two shamash, you should be easily ahead if you charged the correct price.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-09-15 20:01:36  
Damn I actually didn’t factor in that I bought two +2 necks and an HQ ratri that I was missing. That’s another...close to 175?

So yea you’re right I’m more ahead than I realized.
By Felgarr 2020-09-15 21:13:14  
Don't wanna be that guy but that bodies usefulness is very low. Even for run and brd...

What body armor are you implying that closes the gap for DD BRD and DD RUN, respectively when compared to Ashera Harness?
[+]
By gregchiro2013 2020-09-15 22:05:41  
I used about 350-600 orbs to get one Ashera Harness. You will actually make gil UNLESS you are unlucky or drops hit floor before you sell