Best Mob For Damage Testing?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Best mob for damage testing?
Best mob for damage testing?
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2020-08-09 17:58:16  
Was wondering for those of you that test damage after getting a new piece of gear if you had a favorite mob for that purpose?

Trying to think of a good one to test rudra on with a WSD+8 (and not much else) herc body I got (I think it's probably better, but would like some confirmation) Was thinking maybe a poppable delve mob or one of the unity mobs might be good ones to pick since they have a consistent level unlike most mobs out in the field/dungeons.

Thanks for any recommendations.
 Bismarck.Darcain
サーバ: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2020-08-09 20:41:17  
I've used Apex Raptors before. They don't do def up or attack down so that's mostly a constant.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2020-08-10 00:25:06  
Qutrub NM
[+]
 Asura.Arico
サーバ: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-08-10 02:32:58  
Asura.Memes said: »
Only a damage calculator will give you objective answers not skewed by mob effects or play style, reaction speed, etc.

Who cares about objectivity? He wants to know what works best for him, not the theoretical best item.

He's not going to be packet perfect WSing at some TP threshhold, why should he base his decisions on a simulation that makes that assumption? As long as he's not testing one body on one mob and another body on a different mob he'll be fine.

It's nice to be able to say "theoretically x item is better than y", and for most discussions that's better, but there is still incredible value in testing it yourself. Especially if you're trying to make a decision for your own playstyle.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-08-10 02:57:49  
I love how none of that post answered the OP question... /sigh.

Run through the bestiary on BG-wiki and look for resistances.
Your text to link here...

Look under the manticore here you see 100% for the dagger that means these takes normal damage from daggers. You can look up your favorite mob type and use this as a reference.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2020-08-10 11:56:52  
Turtles at Morimar HP 1 are what I use to test new gear.