フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Riot 4: Rocky vs. Ivan
Riot 4: Rocky vs. Ivan
First Page 2 ... 16 17 18
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 14:44:56  
So we can leave other threads alone, by all means, riot on!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 14:49:09  
Pulling from the other thread:

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
The Washington State Patrol said the driver may have entered the freeway going southbound through an off-ramp to avoid barriers that were in place.

If that is true, then I was wrong. If there were barricades in place, then, yes, it was officially closed, and I'm sorry.

I can only go by what the official record states, because I don't trust mainsteam media to get anything right. But hey, a broken clock is right 2 times a day.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-07 15:43:23  
It was reported from the start that that particular stretch of the freeway was closed, and had been regularly closed at that hour to allow for legal, non violent, protests.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 16:00:27  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
It was reported from the start that that particular stretch of the freeway was closed, and had been regularly closed at that hour to allow for legal, non violent, protests.
First I heard about it being reported from the start.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-07 16:04:16  
Search the Seattle Times, KIRO, or the Seattle Stranger for the day after it happened. That would be first reporting.

And the Seattle Times does have a paywall, one that allows 3? free articles / month.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 16:07:01  
The whole thing just doesn’t make any sense for a driver who was not under the influence and/or not a complete moron. Watching the video, I think the placement of the car barricade actually exacerbated the problem, though. Instead of blocking off the road completely, they left that outside edge open just enough for someone to pass at high speeds, and it’s a frickin’ van so it obscure his view of the protestors.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 16:11:52  
Search the Seattle Times, KIRO, or the Seattle Stranger for the day after it happened. That would be first reporting.

And the Seattle Times does have a paywall, one that allows 3? free articles / month.
Don't blame me for this, but I don't follow Washington State news. And I don't think many people here do.

So, I wouldn't know this ***at all, and I give no *** to research it tbh.

Only thing I know about that happened in Seattle is the SPAZ ***that went down, got a bunch of people murdered, and the mayor finally let the police do their job and tear down that ***.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 16:17:35  
The mayor only did something about it when they took the fight to her house. It’s easy to look the other way until you’re the one in the crosshairs.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 16:28:06  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Don't blame me for this, but I don't follow Washington State news. And I don't think many people here do.

Only thing I know about that happened in Seattle is the SPAZ ***that went down, got a bunch of people murdered, and the mayor finally let the police do their job and tear down that ***.

See thats the problem right there, and you admitted it. You're not willing to put forth the minimum required effort. You just want to argue.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 16:38:59  
I don't pretend, nor claim, nor even insinuate that I know everything, everywhere, all the time.

I did look at several articles regarding the incident on July 4th in Seattle. I did not see anywhere that implied anything other than XX person hit YY person. I didn't even find any articles that stated HOW it happened.

And I was looking for articles that specifically state if the highway was closed legally or not.

Honestly, I think you just want to start an online fight. By all means, go for it. That doesn't mean I have to play by your rules.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-07 16:41:32  

I do, I lived in Seattle for decades and visited often before the 'ronas. What happens there still affects me.

Quote:
You gave many *** and much inaccurate commentary about it though. If you are going to flap your metaphorical lips, know what you are talking about. You used to be one of the best researchers on this board. What happened?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 16:42:26  
Even foxnews said
Quote:
Authorities have closed I-5 several times amid the unrest

You're full of ***. You didn't "find any site that said it" because you chose to ignore it every time you found it to look for a site that didn't.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 16:46:26  
You gave many *** and much inaccurate commentary about it though.
And I admitted that I was wrong.

I was only going by what I saw. I'm sorry if I didn't care enough to call the police department directly for an interview to make sure I got all my facts straight before reporting to this website.

ou used to be one of the best researchers on this board. What happened?
Give me a topic I care about and I'll give you an answer you will accept, no matter if you like it or hate it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 16:47:28  
Even foxnews said
Quote:
Authorities have closed I-5 several times amid the unrest

You're full of ***. You didn't "find any site that said it" because you chose to ignore it every time you found it to look for a site that didn't.
I get it, you want me to do or say something that will get me banned again. Fine, keep trucking man, you have my full support.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-07 16:58:32  

I was only going by what I saw. I'm sorry if I didn't care enough to call the police department directly for an interview to make sure I got all my facts straight before reporting to this website.

Give me a topic I care about and I'll give you an answer you will accept, no matter if you like it or hate it.
If you didn't care, why did you post?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 17:00:14  
Literally just to argue. You already know the answer.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 17:11:02  

If you didn't care, why did you post?
Because I have an opinion. Just because I don't care enough to research the hell out of everything, including taking a poll on local opinion, doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on the matter.

Look, I was wrong. I admitted it. We can move on to the next issue or we can continue to beat this dead horse. It's your call.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 17:12:16  
“Literally just to argue” is the point of this forum, Eiryl.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 17:16:42  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
“Literally just to argue” is the point of this forum, Eiryl.
Wait, I thought we were supposed to agree with each other.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-07-07 17:17:29  
I get it, you want me to do or say something that will get me banned again. Fine, keep trucking man, you have my full support.

Isn't it a bit paranoid to believe that others want to get you banned? Truth is, no one can get you banned...only you can get yourself banned. The onus of maintaining an active account in P&R rests with you.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 17:18:12  
Arguing in bad faith just to argue is very much NOT the point.

If you're just going to *** your way through it every single time use reddit.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 17:20:53  
Arguing in bad faith just to argue is very much NOT the point.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 17:22:19  
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 17:23:59  
So, do we want to continue to beat this dead horse? Or shall we talk about something else?
By Viciouss 2020-07-07 17:24:29  
Continue!!!!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 17:25:04  
Do it without me then.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 17:26:12  
So, do we want to continue to beat this dead horse? Or shall we talk about something else?

Why would we bother changing the subject, your argument for any and all topics is "I won't look, I don't care, that didn't happen, I'm right, fite me" *** is the point in that.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-07 17:35:16  
Not sure why y'all are acting like "arguing in bad faith" is a new concept around here. Don't even pretend you're not guilty of it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-07 17:38:40  
You opinion is that "the left" which is everyone that isn't KN you and saeval is arguing in "bad faith".

The actual fact is KN literally just said in no uncertain terms "I literally just argued in bad faith"

First Page 2 ... 16 17 18