フォーラム » Windower » Support » "Peculiar" FPS/Resolution Issue
"Peculiar" FPS/Resolution Issue
 Bahamut.Sobius
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2020-06-22 01:11:07  
Hello All,

I've reinstalled FFXI after a year long break, onto my Alienware Laptop. Graphics card is an Nvidia GTX980M. I've been following the online instructions on how to improve the graphics in 2020 on youtube.

Have followed all the instructions to the end and the game was running beautifully. 60 FPS, 1920 x 1080. Using Ultra Graphics on Final Fantasy Config, DGVoodoo etc. More on that in a bit. I've been running Borderless Window mode.

Then.... I changed the resolution settings in the Windower Config to 80% (from 1920 x 1080) to (1536 x 864) to create a smaller window size on my screen. Really, just an experiment to see what things would look like.. And now the game won't go over 30 fps anymore, despite changing things back to 1920 x 1080. Furthermore, the game settings keep reverting to "custom" from "ultra" in the final fantasy configuration.

I have done a lot of tweaking with graphics, but this thing seems to be sticking. For troubleshooting: Issue seems to be in the game itself as running from POL without windower looks the same. Obviously I can't check the FPS but its clearly not 60 fps..

I feel like some config file has been written somewhere that is overriding settings somewhere.

Wondering if anyone has had this issue or any advice on what's going on?

Thanks in advance
[+]