言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Up In Arms BCNM
Up In Arms BCNM
First Page 2 3
By KingOfOldSchool 2020-06-21 18:42:45  
Anyone have an Automaton setup for this BCNM far as attachments etc?
 Asura.Briko
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2020-06-21 19:07:27  
Theres dozens of setups that work. Its mindless.

Just have an auto repair kit on and the rest is trivial
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-21 19:13:30  
Valoredge
Optic Fibre
Auto-repair III
Turbo Charger I and II
Stabilizer II
Coiler II
Armor Plate II and III
Tension Spring IV
Magniplug I and II
Heatsink

Light/Fire/Earth maneuver is what I use. I'm sure you can use cheaper attachments as well. I use repair once during the fight for a safety net so I don't need to watch the screen.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-22 11:15:24  
The setup Firedemon posted works nice.
Only issue I found is accuracy being around ~45%.
It's pretty safe to setup a macro, engage and afk though, NM dead in like, under 5 mins.

You can swap ARK3 for ARK2 and equip Optic Fiber 2 instead of 1.
Likewise you can remove Coiler2 and equip Stabilizer 3.
With this setup you can rock Light/Thunder/Fire and be at like ~88% acc. Under 3 mins kills I think?

You need to swap thunder for Earth when he's out of arms though, or you will need to use 2x Automaton Oils instead of just 1.

Furthermore you can go with a different SJ:
1) /BLM, for bio (reduces damage in last phase and does dot) and for warp
2) /WHM for dia, increases damage taken by the NM, speeds up the fight!
By SimonSes 2020-06-22 14:07:23  
The big difference is eating Grape/Bean Daifuku or Akamochi.
By Maiyuuu 2020-06-22 15:08:32  
You can also throw a Dark Maneuver on right before he WS so he will use Cannibal Blade for some extra HP.

Edit to add: I've never gone in with oils because my inventory space is crap thanks to cooking, lol.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-06-22 15:21:34  
valoredge frame
valoredge head
steam jacket
auto-repair kit iii
tension spring iii
stabilizer ii
armor plate ii
armor plate iii
turbo charger
turbo charger ii
coiler
heatsink
optic fiber
tension spring

light+thunder+thunder+ grape daifku super easy ... dont need repairs

hit it with /rdm DIA and add a cor if youre bored.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [886 days between previous and next post]
By bloodstormcraft 2022-11-26 01:58:30  
soloing bcnm 60 on pup load out is shown at the end hope this helps and amuses some
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-26 07:15:52  
Only mildly related, it has always annoyed me that (essentially) zero pet boosting gear exists (existed) below 99

Why they never adjusted pet based AF at the bare minimum for pre99 has always gotten under my skin.
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-26 13:57:46  
Can someone educate me a bit here, or rather, remind me of scaling down with level sync in regards to power?

Is a level 60 PUP with level 60 capped automaton and H2H skill with 60 gear equal to a mastered level 99 pup level synced down to 60 wearing said level gear?

Recently on Reddit there was a post that said pup can solo this “naked.” I don’t believe that nor have I tried that.

I ask because I have a whole bunch of characters that have access to unlock PUP and I’ve been thinking of being throwing all of them at this BCNM to fulfill my 20 year bucket list of getting this item to drop.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-26 14:00:02  
A level 60 PUP is not the same, just due to the attachment choices. A level sync'd PUP can solo this naked, you just need the attachments and an animator.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-26 16:20:35  
I have been soloing it on my mule since level 60 naked except animator and automaton oil +2 (for emergencies) without problems in 3~4 minutes per kill. Balance below 99 is (kind of sensibly) a joke now.

Loadout is:
* Valoredge Head
* Valoredge Frame
* Steam Jacket
* Magniplug
* Magniplug II
* Tension Spring IV
* Optic Fiber
* Heatsink
* Turbo Charger II
* Turbo Charger
* Auto-repair kit III
* Armor Plate III
* Armor Plate II
* Stabilizer V

I eat Grape Daifuku, use Thunder/Fire/Light maneuvers, and Repair if the auto gets below 30%, which will never happens unless you are doing multiple fights back to back without healing. There are doubtlessly cheaper loadouts, but this gets the job done and has definitely paid for itself. I sub THF because why the heck not.

I'd recommend having at least 170 Automaton Melee Skill before attempting it with this setup. Mule is capped at 203, which is probably the level 60 cap.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-11-26 16:28:40  
I sub /BLM in case ring is on CD and idle in auto regen gear, but it is really easy with level 99 attachments.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-11-26 16:32:31  
Yeah, after some massive investment i did between 6 accounts and dozens of mules, plus hoarding beastman seals i got to the point i didnt had to care about fight, just 1houring, logout, login next, 1h, rinse and repeat.

I ended giving up after 200 tries with no Kraken, it was too tiresome, and apparently this was pointing out to the rarest tier, 1 each 500 or 1000 tries.

While i was making some decent money npcing the oxblood, meh, not worth spending play time (which is damn rare nowaday) with this crap. Earning 500M sounds more feasible than beating this ***500 times
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-26 16:42:20  
Pantafernando said: »
Yeah, after some massive investment i did between 6 accounts and dozens of mules, plus hoarding beastman seals i got to the point i didnt had to care about fight, just 1houring, logout, login next, 1h, rinse and repeat.

I ended giving up after 200 tries with no Kraken, it was too tiresome, and apparently this was pointing out to the rarest tier, 1 each 500 or 1000 tries.

While i was making some decent money npcing the oxblood, meh, not worth spending play time (which is damn rare nowaday) with this crap. Earning 500M sounds more feasible than beating this ***500 times

This is why I don't do it, could have endless tries with acounts getting more seals than I could ever spend. But it's ultimately pointless. You never get the damn thing.

Even with a bot that gets the orb, enters, exits and repeats forever, it's better to kill goblins for 100g for 10 years than bother lol.

It's so ridiculous that while getting one to drop may be the single most impressive thing that exists in the game, it's honestly the right call to obtain the money instead.
[+]
By Seun 2022-11-26 17:27:17  
Rips said: »
I ask because I have a whole bunch of characters that have access to unlock PUP and I’ve been thinking of being throwing all of them at this BCNM to fulfill my 20 year bucket list of getting this item to drop.

The fact that we can clear it naked removes any sense of accomplishment for getting the drop. This doesn't deserve a spot on your bucket list honestly.

My suggestion would be to use the money you make sending all those atls at trove to buy the club and spend your time doing things you actually enjoy in game, if you enjoy it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-26 17:49:44  
My buddy got one somewhere in the 500s when we were doing our attempts. I'm 0/550ish or something?

It's like 0.05% chance tier. The ffxiclopedia percent drop chance is waaaay inflated
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-11-26 17:56:59  
400mil / (1000 orbs * 60 seals per orb) = 66.666k/seal

Halve that for other kinds of seals you convert during the campaign.

If the drop rate is 1/1000 (and you don't need mog kupon i-seals), then it is definitely the best way to spend all of your seals. The math you have to do is mostly about whether or is worth it to you to spend seals at all. You can probably do 6 BCs per hour which is about 2.88mil in expectation if the drop rate is 1/1000, or 480k/hr if you for NPC-only drops. If you are unwilling to deal with low probabilities, then half a mil per hour is pretty easy to beat.

I must be approaching or past a thousand Up In Arms at this point with no k-club. I am not sure the drop rate is even as high as 1/1000.

Edit: Grepped my logs and I'm at 728 kills
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-26 18:07:19  
Don't forget to add the part where there are 5 *** doing it all day and you can't get in cause all the instances are taken.

(asura problems)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-11-26 18:39:14  
Seems using the shield would be a much better way to make the money

Or equally as pointless when you smoke 500m in failures
By Rips 2022-11-26 18:59:30  
Oh, I don’t need the club at all. I just want to see it drop so that I can say it dropped. I also don’t need the Gil from it, although that would be of course nice to have.

My youthful child wants this. Thanks for the tips.
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-26 19:01:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Seems using the shield would be a much better way to make the money

Or equally as pointless when you smoke 500m in failures

As much as people ***in the shields, I have made my money back and then some with the 2 I have.

I had to stop using them though. Umatea, and all those other -tea related hackers really ruined the market.
By Seun 2022-11-26 19:22:55  
I don't really understand the shield thing. It's such an investment that if you had the means to make it legitimately, you don't really need it in the end. Same idea with the club where you can spend days and days farming for the drop, or spend days and days farming gil to buy the club.

That's why I say pick what you enjoy playing, wherever possible.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-11-26 19:31:50  
It's for signing gear for yourself and friends basically
[+]
By Rips 2022-11-26 19:48:26  
Seun said: »
I don't really understand the shield thing. It's such an investment that if you had the means to make it legitimately, you don't really need it in the end. Same idea with the club where you can spend days and days farming for the drop, or spend days and days farming gil to buy the club.

That's why I say pick what you enjoy playing, wherever possible.

I completely second this... now. Many of us, including me, fell to greed and learned the hard way that sometimes less is more.
By Rips 2022-11-26 19:48:52  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
yeah that dopamine hit from seeing something rare drop is prob the most addictive thing about the game, trying to relive that feel over and over

Someone gets it.
By Tanag 2022-11-26 20:12:46  
Ran this a lot recently to burn all the seals I've been saving for over a decade.

My setup was basically the same as Byrth. So no real new info.

I went 0/217 and ran out of seals. Guess I'll try again in 10 years.
[+]
By Seun 2022-11-26 21:39:38  
Asura.Jyubeii said: »
yeah that dopamine hit from seeing something rare drop is prob the most addictive thing about the game, trying to relive that feel over and over

It was before the time of rare items in BCNM, but I always preferred open world camps. It wasn't dopamine, but the rush of locating and claiming a NM against competition was more exciting to me than the drops. I've always been pretty committed to my goals in XI so the gear and items are just an eventuality.

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
It's for signing gear for yourself and friends basically

I thought it was just the crystal that you needed for that. I do understand wanting to make one in a reasonable amount of time, but the shield kinda makes it that anyway.
[+]
First Page 2 3