New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » New to Server: LF Friends
New to Server: LF Friends
 Asura.Skrewball
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Skrewball 2020-06-09 11:33:17  
Hi all, just transferred to Asura recently, and made some progress on my wings of the goddess to completion, I was hoping maybe I could appeal to some of you for assistance in doing Cait Sith fight for SMN equipment. Hope to hear from some of you. :)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-09 13:16:07  
Asura.Skrewball said: »
Hi all, just transferred to Asura recently
[+]
By Bongyogha 2020-06-09 14:17:20  
Welcome friend!! There's certainly no end of folks who are trying to partner up & loads of incoming players to boot! Just keep your head high & keep searching, you'll come across geninue folks looking for similar progress as yourself.

Please with all possible effort, don't be discrimated by what @kingasura of nobody said.. He is grade A internet forum troll, at least I can be fair only to the 4 who have earned my disrespect. You've done nothing to earn his yet, so ignore the trolls, ignore the nasty attitude & filth spewed & try your best to keep your eye on your own prize! Best of luck!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-09 14:23:59  
Bongyogha said: »
Please with all possible effort, don't be discrimated by what @kingasura of nobody said.. He is grade A internet forum troll, at least I can be fair only to the 4 who have earned my disrespect. You've done nothing to earn his yet, so ignore the trolls, ignore the nasty attitude & filth spewed & try your best to keep your eye on your own prize! Best of luck!
It was a light joke. I'm sorry you are so offended by a light joke that you have to personally attack me for it.

To OP: Please ignore this guy. His jimmies are easily rustled, and, unfortunately, there are many people on Asura like him. While a good portion of the server is kind and will be willing to help, a much larger portion represents the snowflakes shown above, and also the general trolls you will find in many large gatherings, regardless of what the gathering is. So, take heart in it.

If you want to be part of a great linkshell, talk to Taritai or Chiako, they are leaders in the linkshell I'm in. We do Omen/Dynamis D twice a week, and other random stuff (like Aeonic Clears, or general helping of each other) pretty often.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-09 15:31:45  
I've been on Asura for several years and I've made only one friend. My trusts and I are capable of amazing things though.

Some of the big problems with making new friends are:

1. Trusts exist from level 1-99. No more making friends during random pick-up exp parties. That's where I felt I made a lot of friends. Gathering and beating on the same monsters over and over for a few hours. RIP exp parties. I know you still can build exp parties, in theory, but trusts are just so much more viable since they never *** about anything and always go where you want. Also, if your real-life friend doesn't have your exact same Rhapsody of Vanadiel progress Key Item for exp boost, your exp seems to be nerfed to hell.

2. I spend half of my time zoning and missing things. Chat would be lovely, linkshell chat in particular, if I wasn't spending half of my time changing zones and missing things in chat. It's a serious flaw in the UI and is exaserbated by the fact that no longer are people spending 10+ minutes crossing each zone to get to places like exp camps. Now it's just... zone out of mog house. Zone to area with book warp (or homepoint, but there are more of those in cities). Zone to area near camp. Zone back because you thought of something you forgot or wanted to do real quick. Zone again. Zone zone zone your boat. Gently down the stream.

Literally my two cents.

Good luck making new friends. It's very very tough and one of the largest problems with this game is that... all of my old friends have left and moved on. It's... sad. I miss mah frands and the good times we used to have.

[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-09 15:34:50  
I'm sure you could purchase some good friends on Asura.
[+]
By antidreams88 2020-06-09 15:46:05  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

Are you implying I should merc instead of do content with people?
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-06-09 15:48:07  
antidreams88 said: »

I'm implying that 99% of Asura will do things for a price instead of making a friend.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-06-09 15:49:18  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

When you're on a low-population server.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-09 15:49:36  

I'm implying that 99% of Asura will do things for a price instead of making a friend.
There can't be buyers without sellers.
 Asura.Skrewball
By Asura.Skrewball 2020-06-09 15:49:37  

I won't disagree based on /yell's
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-06-09 15:51:04  
He is being sarcastic. The idea that anything can be purchased via gil in-game because that is a lot of what the game has become to people these days. Instant gratification by simply paying others to do things for you.

I feel that it's 90% of the reason people seem so frustrated and hate doing missions/expansions (WotG especially gets a bad rap; even though I love it the most). They just can't pay gil and instantly be done with it. They actually have to put in the effort. I'm not saying everybody is like this, but it certainly seems like they really love to *** about how many game-day-waits there are. I don't even know how these people would survive a live expansion coming out in real time like they used to. Three ~ six missions at a time every few real life months. Imagine that.

Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-06-09 16:01:34  
The idea that anything can be purchased via gil in-game because that is a lot of what the game has become to people these days. Instant gratification by simply paying others to do things for you.
Only on Asura though. Some other servers may have /yells for mercs, but not as notorious as Asura.

I feel that it's 90% of the reason people seem so frustrated and hate doing missions/expansions (WotG especially gets a bad rap; even though I love it the most). They just can't pay gil and instantly be done with it. They actually have to put in the effort. I'm not saying everybody is like this, but it certainly seems like they really love to *** about how many game-day-waits there are. I don't even know how these people would survive a live expansion coming out in real time like they used to. Three ~ six missions at a time every few real life months. Imagine that.
Or in the case of FFXIV, can't pay RL money and skip most of the missions.
[+]
By eeternal 2020-06-09 16:04:17  
can help anytime for free.. just send tell /eternalking
[+]