users online
Voting fraud
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-05-28 17:17:24  
Because it is going to need its own topic.

What a West Virginia man says was a small, joking attempt at voter fraud shows just how closely officials are watching
CNN

Isn't it funny that every time someone is caught for voter fraud its ALWAYS a republican. And they are always joking or just testing the system to show how easy it is to get away with voter fraud.

And another funny thing. They are never brought to trial.

Good joke!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-06 09:33:19  
Derek Chauvin Accused of Fraudulently Voting in Florida Despite Living in Minnesota
Newsweek

Quote:
Derek Chauvin, the 44-year-old Minnesota police officer charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter for his role in the May 25 death of George Floyd, voted illegally in Florida in 2016 and 2018, according to a Florida attorney.

Florida attorney, Dan Helm, who is a candidate for Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections, has requested that Orange County State Attorney Aramis Ayala prosecute Chauvin for violating the state's election laws, a third-degree felony, according to The Star Tribune.

Chauvin has property in Florida and allegedly continued to vote in state elections while living in Minnesota....
He is registered as a republican. No mention of him voting in Minnesota as well.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-09 23:58:34  
‘A hot, flaming mess’: Georgia primary beset by chaos, long lines

Georgia’s primary, delayed by the coronavirus pandemic, plagued by issues with new voting machines.

Politico

Quote:
Counties across the state have sought extensions to keep polls open later. Chatham County, which includes Savannah*, is keeping three dozen precincts open until 9 p.m. All voting locations in Fulton County* will be open until 9 p.m. after a judge's orders.

Muscogee County, which includes Columbus*, got a judge's approval to keep polling places open until 9 p.m. due to "technical problems at polling sites" that have since been resolved....

It took LaTosha Brown three hours to vote at her polling site in Atlanta. Brown, co-founder of Black Voters Matter, said it took her nephew six hours to vote on Friday during early voting hours.

“We have got to stop making voting a traumatic damn experience for black voters. Everything has to be a traumatic experience,” said Brown. “The secretary of state needs to resign. ... They always blame it on local officials.”

Brown said she drove to a predominantly white polling place in the suburbs of Atlanta after leaving her voting site Monday and was near tears as she saw no line, and people easily walking in and out. “I come over to this side of town, and white folks are strolling in,” said Brown. “On my side of town, we brought stadium chairs.” ...
All majority minority....
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-12 00:49:48  
Tiffany Trump, Steve Bannon, Steven Mnuchin Registered to Vote in Multiple States
President Trump called for an investigation into voter fraud, alleging that registration in two states could be an indication of fraudulent activity.

US news and world report
By Viciouss 2020-06-12 01:06:36  
What happened in Georgia was terrible, another election botched by the GOP. But it was refreshing to see all those people knowing that their vote was trying to be suppressed standing in lines for hours to vote anyway.
 Asura.Veikur
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Veikur 2020-06-12 02:20:43  
I liked the part where the cops got called on them for trying to vote.
[+]
 Valefor.Commodus
サーバ: Valefor
user: abknight
By Valefor.Commodus 2020-06-12 02:53:31  
Is there proof that one person was unable to vote because of their skin color? What would you guys spend your time doing if you weren’t constantly race baiting and obsessing over skin color?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-06-12 14:34:07  
Viciouss said: »
What happened in Georgia was terrible, another election botched by the GOP. But it was refreshing to see all those people knowing that their vote was trying to be suppressed standing in lines for hours to vote anyway.
Botched?

Sorry, it went according to plan.

Quote:
County election officials have closed 214 precincts across the state since 2012, according to an analysis by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. That figure means nearly 8 percent of the state’s polling places, from fire stations to schools, have shut their doors over the past six years.
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/voting-precincts-closed-across-georgia-since-election-oversight-lifted/bBkHxptlim0Gp9pKu7dfrN/
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2020-06-12 14:38:24  
Happens in Democrat Areas too, like DC and MD.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/voting-problems-in-dc-maryland-lead-to-calls-for-top-officials-to-resign/2020/06/03/24b47220-a5a8-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

Just saying, both sides are capable of botching or planned botching.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-10 14:25:30  
Mail Carrier Admits to Fudging Absentee Ballot Requests
USPS contractor in W. Va. pleads guilty, confesses to switching voter party affiliations

Quote:
(Newser) – To boost mail-in voting amid the pandemic for the June 9 primary in West Virginia, absentee ballot applications were sent to all registered voters. At least eight of those ballot requests ended up with unwelcome changes, all at the hands of a mail carrier who now says he was just goofing around. USA Today reports that 47-year-old Thomas Cooper, who contracted with the US Postal Service to deliver mail in three towns in Pendleton County, pleaded guilty Thursday to charges of attempted election fraud and injury to the mail after he was accused of changing the party affiliation from Democrat to Republican on five ballot applications, as well as making unspecified alterations to three other requests....
"just goofing around" "[I did it] as a joke," Funny these republicans....

/laugh /not

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Yep. Especially in gerrymandered states like GA (republican), and MD (democrat).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 14:39:11  
May as well throw this in here too then if there's a thread for it;

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 14:40:07  
He thinks you can just take a blank sheet of paper and write Biden on it mail it in and that counts.
By volkom 2020-07-10 14:47:55  
does a tampered ballot get discarded?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-10 16:23:43  
volkom said: »
does a tampered ballot get discarded?
That would depend on the state.

Just tossing it would be right out. At the very least all ballots have to be tracked. It would have to be officially tossed out.

Try to imagine anything a state could officially do with a tampered ballot. Some state somewhere will do whatever you can imagine and several things you can't imagine.

In at least one state it is illegal to shoot an elephant in a graveyard. Surely there are election laws at least that off the wall somewhere.
By Prong 2020-07-10 16:33:29  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Isn't it funny that every time someone is caught for voter fraud its ALWAYS a republican

I assume you were being sarcastic with this. Please say so, I'm tired and I don't feel like looking up links to the Democrats who have been caught and convicted of illegal voting, but you can check out Crystal Mason, Texas, as just one such case so at least you can't claim I am lying.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-10 16:42:22  
Another example of 4 fellas who didn't vote fro Trump charged with voter fraud (among other things).

Your text to link here...
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-10 16:43:11  
Ugh, edit button....

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/paterson-press/2020/06/25/paterson-nj-election-fraud-who-charged-and-what-we-know/3260250001/#:~:text=Michael%20Jackson%2C%2048%2C%20of%20Paterson%2C%20is%20the%201st,Fraud%20in%20Casting%20Mail-In%20Vote%20%283rd%20degree%20
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-10 16:46:09  
Also, I'm going to ask here even though I'm sure I will regret it but....

I've asked this question on FB and forums for two years and the only people that tend to answer are rednecks who scream, "CUZ THEY WANTS THE ILLEGALS TO VOTE!" As much as this is quite possibly true, I'd like for someone who may have a better, more involved answer to tackle this:

Why, exactly (not opinion) would requiring identification to vote in any way deter minorities to vote?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 16:56:00  
Google man:

https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet

tl:dr ?
It's annoying and costs money
I've been #400+ in line to renew at the SoS and it costs 90 *** dollars every 6 years in WA (wtf?)

As of March 2018, state-issued driver's license costs ranged from $10.00 per license (Missouri) to $89.00 (Washington).
https://ballotpedia.org/Driver%27s_license_costs_by_state,_2018
By Prong 2020-07-10 16:58:28  
So then, by saying ONLY minorities will be deterred from voting if an ID is required, we are saying it's because they are too lazy and won't spend $10 to vote?

That's not a very flattering assumption. Thought there would be something much more technical than that.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-10 17:04:08  
That article literally just says echo chamber accusations and general statistics, such as:

"Minority voters disproportionately lack ID. Nationally, up to 25% of African-American citizens of voting age lack government-issued photo ID, compared to only 8% of whites."

But it doesn't say why, which is the important part. Nobody is stopping them from getting an ID and if the only reason is, "poor," then people need to hang out at the DMV from time to time. I rarely see anyone in the DMV when I go to renew my DL that looks like they make over $8/hr.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-10 17:09:02  
The only group that I can remotely see a point is the elderly/disabled, with some who may not be able to easily get transportation, but as a group, there is a higher percentage of the elderly that vote conservative more so than liberal, so technically, that would hurt Republicans more.

But, it's not like they have to renew them annually. Hard for me to think someone is able to get food delivered to them, taken to doctor's appointments but can't land a ride to the ID office once every few years.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 17:10:57  
No one says it only targets minorities, thats the same ol ***.

It disproportionately affects minorities.

Po white folks out in the middle of nowhere are affected too.
Quote:
These voters are disproportionately low-income, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
By Prong 2020-07-10 17:12:33  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
No one says it only targets minorities, thats the same ol ***.

It disproportionately affects minorities.

Po white folks out in the middle of nowhere are affected too.
Quote:
These voters are disproportionately low-income, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities.

Right but, let's be honest. Poor, rural white folk are conservative at a much higher percentage than minorities, so if they couldn't vote, the ACLU could care less.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-10 17:15:42  
Well thanks for answering anyhow, but those are all lame reasons they give. If people can't even take the time to get an ID card every few years, I'm not sure they'd take the time to even research the issues the candidates stand for, therefore they are just going to be the, "hittin' the (D) or (R) trigger" voters and we don't need any more of those.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-10 17:21:58  
If people wanted to vote, these arguments wouldn't be deal breakers.

I think it's ridiculous myself (for the most part) the idea of being unable to obtain an ID because the closest facility is 200 miles away IS pretty *** up.

That shouldn't really be a thing. If the state requires an ID to vote then they should make the burden of obtaining it more reasonable. I can't imagine a town not having a DMV/SoS
By Prong 2020-07-10 17:30:48  
Yeah that does seem odd. I live in rural, southern Ohio, largest town within an hour of me maybe 38,000 people and we have two different locations. There is even a tiny town closer, literally 1 stop light, a post office, a bank and a gas station and they have a vehicle registration office.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-10 17:42:18  
With all the money that governments throw away, I don’t see why they can’t just use taxpayer money to fund basic ID cards. Not everyone needs one because a lot of people have a driver’s license or other valid forms of ID, so I can’t imagine that the costs would be that high in most places.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6