World Transfer Not Functioning?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » World Transfer Not Functioning?
World Transfer Not Functioning?
By Rosskatz 2020-05-25 11:50:49  
So I had an odd issue. I had a character on Asura to get items and went to transfer him back..The SE Account Maintenance page shows them back on Bismark but the game still has them on Asura. Also I received my email that the transfer was complete. Anyone ran into an issue like this before? I let it go for an extra day already. Tried calling the 858 support number and they are closed today.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-05-25 11:57:04  
Thats not uncommon, and i supose it happens when you log back to game too fast before the transfer is completed.

It wont solve by itself, you gonna need to ask GM to proceed with your transfer, loging off and waiting before reloging
[+]
By Draylo 2020-05-25 12:04:17  
This has happened to me many times before, its because you tried too fast to get back online. I had to contact a GM in-game for them to change it and they told me to relog. The problem now tho, is they are not really working during the virus situation but I just read somewhere Japan is getting back to normal soon, so maybe they will come back into the office.
By Quizzy 2020-05-25 12:08:44  
I transferred a couple weeks ago. I didn't transfer immediately and I had to make a GM call.

They did not send me a /tell, they just sent a message to my inbox (top right).

Did it twice, I never had a conversation with a GM, so keep that in mind, but it was a very fast process even with the current situation.
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-05-25 12:09:00  
I believe the World Transfer gets wonky around the time free-to-plays happen.
By Draylo 2020-05-25 12:09:19  
Quizzy said: »
I transferred a couple weeks ago. I didn't transfer immediately and I had to make a GM call.

They did not send me a /tell, they just sent a message to my inbox (top right).

Did it twice, I never had a conversation with a GM, so keep that in mind, but it was a very fast process even with the current situation.

Why did you move Directx!?!?
By Quizzy 2020-05-25 12:10:00  
The Gig was up. I had to find a small corner of the universe to hide until I can rise again.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-05-25 13:29:32  
I get that it might be too expensive to fix this issue but why don't they just add some text to tell you not to login for 10 minutes when you do the transfer..
 Bahamut.Tiona
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Church
By Bahamut.Tiona 2020-05-25 13:48:21  
On top of what everyone else has said, if you have multiple characters and you leave them logged in while world transferring it will leave you with the same issue I believe.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2020-05-25 13:58:26  
Pantafernando said: »
Thats not uncommon
If you don't read the instructions, sure.
By Quizzy 2020-05-25 14:58:11  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
Pantafernando said: »
Thats not uncommon
If you don't read the instructions, sure.

If I read everything SE intended me to read, I'd still be working my way through WotG.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-05-25 15:34:40  
Reading FFXI cutscenes builds character.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [783 days between previous and next post]
By Drayco 2022-07-17 07:51:45  
I just tried to jump back to Cerberus and my chars are stuck on Asura even tho on the Account page it shows them on Cerberus.

Has anybody been able to contact SE in game or email recently? I've made 3 GM calls and waited an hour each time without a response and made an email inquiry without even getting an email back. They really should say to wait 30mins or w/e is needed before logging in. Instead it says this

I logged back in right after confirming my SE Account page showed my chars being on the new server, only to log back into Asura in game. It was maybe 2-3mins after the transfer. They charged my credit card for the jump already too...
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-17 07:57:42  
Yeah, you have to wait at least 10-15 minutes for their db to sync up or w/e, or it can glitch. Fortunately it tends to solve itself after a while, so logout and wait a hour or two and it should be alright.

That said, a friend once got stuck there for 2 days before a GM took his call...
 Lakshmi.Cesil
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-07-17 08:05:48  
One of my friends got stuck for days with this issue, they eventually resolve it though!
By Drayco 2022-07-17 08:06:48  
Forgot to mention in that post it's been 36 hours.
VIP
By Lili 2022-07-17 08:32:58  
Drayco said: »
Forgot to mention in that post it's been 36 hours.

Ouch. Well, keep insisting for a GM then I guess.
By RadialArcana 2022-07-17 08:55:41  
make a gm call, and stay logged in
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-07-17 09:24:44  
Do they not have the chat support thing anymore? This happened to one of my mules a few years ago, and I just opened the chat up and they fixed it pretty quickly.
By Drayco 2022-07-17 09:37:47  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Do they not have the chat support thing anymore? This happened to one of my mules a few years ago, and I just opened the chat up and they fixed it pretty quickly.
Email support is the only thing I can find and I did that more than 24 hours ago and didn't get any sort of confirmation or reply.

Update:
GM got back to me via in game email and said to contact them again when I'm ready for my world transfer... I guess it's good they asked incase I d.boxed/auctioned some stuff, but still... I've waited long enough lol
By GetHelpNerd 2022-07-17 10:58:02  
you logged on immediately before it processed, it's your fault not theirs.

if you log on too quick before it processes it is never going to process. i think this point is something you're missing
By Pantafernando 2022-07-17 11:23:12  
Kinda pointless looking for culprits, one because it really achieves nothing, and two because its really a poor design in this process.

SE could implement some forced logout and make the char unavailable till the transfer is completely processed, instead, they just let run some script or whatever that simply abort the entire process if it isnt sucessful in the first try, leaving the extra work to GM, because users repeating the same mistakes arent nowhere rare, and pretty much predictable that it would be like that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-07-17 12:06:15  
GetHelpNerd said: »

if you log on too quick before it processes it is never going to process. i think this point is something you're missing

The one transfer I did, I logged out, transferred the mule, left for a few hours, logged back on and I was still on the current server. This was when it took like 15-30 minutes or some ***. The player isn't always at fault.
[+]
By Drayco 2022-07-17 12:32:56  
GetHelpNerd said: »

Drayco said: »

Since I can't read, can you explain how this highlighted section says "don't log in immediately" then please.

All they have to do is say it takes XX:XX amount of time and this wouldn't be an issue.

It's only my 2nd server jump ever and I don't believe I did anything different than the first time a few years ago.
By GetHelpNerd 2022-07-17 12:52:54  
they send you an email once it's completed, don't log in until you get the email

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By GetHelpNerd 2022-07-17 13:03:02  
it's other places, but yeah sure it's vague. probably seen this same post 500 times though. hopefully this becomes common knowledge at some point. not sure why anyone would expect SE to put it somewhere logical, they are not a great company.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=78033&id=20&la=1&ret=faq&pv=20&page=5&c=2&sc=0&so=0#:~:text=How%20long%20does%20it%20take,take%20up%20to%2024%20hours.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2022-07-17 13:28:16  
I'd make sure your delivery box is cleared, and nothing on the Auction House either holding it up. If those aren't it, just stay logged out until the transfer goes through (or an extended time goes by and it doesn't happen, THEN contact support/a GM)
By RadialArcana 2022-07-17 13:39:23  
I've done transfers about 20+ times.

If you leave it 10 mins before logging in it should always work, at least it always has for me when i did this.

It won't transfer if you're logged in or login while it's trying to do it, so if you login too quick it just cancels it. Then you need to contact a GM in the game (no other way will get this done) and you need to wait for them to reply. If you logout they won't do it.

I've had about 3 fails, and it was always when I logged in too quick. That's why I learned to wait 10 mins

They usually always reply in 2 hours, keep in mind the GM team also cover XIV so weekends are busy.
[+]