2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Screenshots getting error message
Screenshots getting error message
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2020-04-05 04:24:01  
Hello,

I'm getting a message when trying to take a screenshot (PrtScrn).

"Saving Screenshot: name.png"
"failed to convert screenshot to PNG"

The directory structure for SSOrganizer is correct, but there is no file.

I can't find any documentation to help me with this error message.

I looked at: https://docs.windower.net/plugins/ssorganizer/ but didn't find anything useful.

While the command "screenshot bmp" seems to work, the screenshot isn't in correct directory (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\screenshots\Ibhalliwell\Bastok_Markets\2020.04.03). IN FACT, I can't find it anywhere on my C: drive. (e.g. dir img_*_*.bmp /s finds 0 files).

Thank you.
[+]
By Tainaya 2020-04-27 15:50:31  
I am getting the same error. Other day updated my video driver and it worked for one day. Now it is doing it again. The video driver is up to date.
 Asura.Aessk
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hobbes423
By Asura.Aessk 2020-04-27 16:59:22  
My understanding is that this is an issue with DGVoodoo. I'm no sure if there is a fix.
By Draylo 2020-04-27 17:03:46  
I've asked in other threads countless times, it seems one of those things that wont ever get fixed and you just have to find a workaround. Mine doesn't come up with an error, but it says it saved the SS but nothing is in the folder. If you leave your character always logged on, you might wanna just relog until the SS start working again and leave that instance online.
By Torzak 2020-04-27 17:52:33  
It seems random if the screen shots work or don't. I could almost swear I've seen them work, stop working, then start working again in the same session.
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-04-27 17:55:15  
I haven't been able to take any screenshots ever since I downloaded DGVoodoo. That's most likely your issue.
By Draylo 2020-04-27 18:10:47  
Torzak said: »
It seems random if the screen shots work or don't. I could almost swear I've seen them work, stop working, then start working again in the same session.

I think its based on the instance you have. So if you dc/crash and relog it would have a chance not to work. If I log in and it allows me to take SS, it usually lets me continue to do so until I log. Who would have thought in 2020 I would be taking phone pics of the game like the people that used to get bashed about that lol. The price you pay for better graphics I guess.
By Jetackuu 2020-04-27 18:14:45  
IBHalliwell said: »
I'm getting a message when trying to take a screenshot (PrtScrn).

Then don't use prtscrn?

There's a thing to change the filetype, but quite frankly you'd be better off asking in the discord (I've seen this mentioned and answered many times, but don't recall the fix).
 Asura.Biglovin
サーバ: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-04-27 18:16:56  
The only time I can remember taking a SS that worked, then not worked, and worked again later on same instance is when I was logging my mule account in and out while never closing my main character's instance.
By Uhahguru 2020-05-19 05:29:45  
//screenshot bmp
//screenshot jpg

seems to work for some people. I am having the same issue. Failed to convert error messages.