How Much Internet Data Does FFXI Consume Daily?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » How much internet data does FFXI consume daily?
How much internet data does FFXI consume daily?
 Bahamut.Halticus
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Halticus
By Bahamut.Halticus 2020-04-01 18:22:10  
I'm curious as to how much internet data FFXI consumes daily based on average of 8hrs of gameplay. My reason for asking is an optional internet service being provided in my area that is very cost efficient but the lowest tier service offers a 1TB (1,024G) data cap per month. Looking for average data numbers. I live alone so no one else would be using my monthly data and I plan to get this service soley for FFXI gameplay and nothing more. Thanks in advanced for any replies ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Halticus
By Bahamut.Halticus 2020-04-01 18:30:50  
Caerda said: »
Provided you play 5-6 hours of FFXI a day. 1gb data plan is pushing it, but 2gb per month is too much. You will probably need 1.5gb at most if you play FFXI everyday for 5-6 hours.Nov 6, 2011

Data usage for ffxi - FFXIAH.com
Did you mean 1TB is not enough based on 5-6hrs of daily gameplay because you wrote 1gb?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Halticus
By Bahamut.Halticus 2020-04-01 18:35:15  
Caerda said: »
1 TB is more than enough. 1 TB = 1000 GB so 1.5 GB is enough data to play 5-6 hours every day a month.
Excellent! Thank you much and also for the breakdown info.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-04-01 18:37:17  
I actually ran FFXI through my hotspot for quite awhile back in the day due to my work's camp's shitty internet. It takes up next to nothing to run, and with it on for 4-5 hours, it would take about 20 MB. This is assuming no web browsing, just FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
サーバ: Asura
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2020-04-01 18:37:38  
Gotta remember we all used to play this on dial-up internet for the most part. 1TB will be totally fine, if you wanna be completely at ease that you'll never run into a problem, go with 2TB. You'll probably never use it but if it's not too much more expensive it might be worth the peace of mind.

I used to run 3 accounts on a 2G hotspot in the middle of nowhere and only had 1TB. Never hit it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Halticus
By Bahamut.Halticus 2020-04-01 18:41:23  
Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Gotta remember we all used to play this on dial-up internet for the most part. 1TB will be totally fine, if you wanna be completely at ease that you'll never run into a problem, go with 2TB. You'll probably never use it but if it's not too much more expensive it might be worth the peace of mind.

I used to run 3 accounts on a 2G hotspot in the middle of nowhere and only had 1TB. Never hit it.
Very true. I played from 03-2015. I began playing a 75cap Cop era private server for about 8mths in 2016 and I plan on going back to that.