Not Sure Why I Had An Insult Thrown At Me.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Not sure why I had an insult thrown at me.
Not sure why I had an insult thrown at me.
First Page 2 3
By billnes 2020-03-18 00:33:37  
I'm not sure why I was insulted in Imilky's recently-posted thread. In his thread, Imilky stated that he accidently dropped a base mythic weapon. Because of this, he became trapped. He could not complete a quest. In his posting, Imilky told the group that he contacted SE. Imilky said that a GM could not rescue him by resetting the quest.

From the combination of reading the leaked GM manual from 2006 and reading the Dark Star Project Team Forums, (https://forums.dspt.info/index.php) I knew that the GM-only client contains DLL files that the player client lacks. These DLL files are what permit a GM to execute GM-only commands. Two examples of GM-only commands driven by the GM-only client DLLs would be //invul and //ignore. The 2006 leaked manual clearly states that a male GM is always a level 1 hume Paladin with a type 5A face (the bald headed man with the tattoo from the Illuminati on the head) and that a Female GM is always a level 1 hume Paladin with the type 2A (blonde with the hair in a Ponytail) face. The 2006 leaked manual also clearly states that these Hume Paladins cannot start using the GM-Only commands and cannot obtain their distinctive all-red armor until a Senior GM or a Lead GM applies the red GM flag.

Since Imilky is a paying player and not a paid employee of SE, he does not have nor cannot obtain the red GM flag. Even if somebody from the Dark Star Project Team emailed Imilky all the DLL's from the GM-Only client and Imilky knew where to insert them into the the player client, it would do him no good. Having a GM flag (that Imilky cannot obtain) is literally a key. Without that key (the GM flag) the DLL files are dormant and unuseable. They are literally locked.

Since it's obvious that Imilky can't use the SE-blessed tools (the aforementioned GM-Only DLL files) to self-rescue, he may not have any other option but to resort to Packet Injection to self-rescue. I am not a programmer. I can't write any code, regardless of it's Lua or not. Since I don't write any code, I cannot help Imilky directly. Because of this, I suggested he put up a posting on the Windower forums. If Imilky clearly describe his situation, with as much detail as possible, perhaps someone with complete mastery of Lua can write a script that would get Imilky out of his dilemma. Would Imilky be running a risk of getting banhammered for the use of Packet Injection? The answer is: Absolutely. However, if Imilky exhausts every other option with no results, he's not going to have any other choice but to run the risk of using a Lua script that uses Packet Injection. Hopefully, somebody will be nice enough to write that script for him if he needs it.

Thank you very much for your understanding in this matter.
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-03-18 00:53:36  
I'm absolutely glad you cleared that up, I was confused as a ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-18 00:57:08  
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-03-18 02:22:48  
Yeah, I totally stand by my original assessment.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-18 02:37:56  
People get mad all the time for little to no reason.

If you cant take an insult, be it deserved or no, youre bound to stay isolated on your room for all your life.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-03-18 03:37:56  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Lol
By Mattelot 2020-03-18 04:53:50  
Pretty sure he complained about dropping a mystic weapon.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-18 05:10:24  
Bill why are you suggesting that players hack the game!!!
[+]
By gistofanything 2020-03-18 05:31:58  
My sweet summer child, if you aren't prepared to be insulted on FFXIAH.com of all places, I don't think you fit in the target demographic of the site.
[+]
By Voren 2020-03-18 05:40:53  
Welcome to the internets.

How to start an argument:

1. Post something (content doesn't matter).
2. Wait.

How to be insulted:

1. See above.
[+]
By Kazaki 2020-03-18 05:43:19  
You got an insult from a guy who said the fix to not being able to cancel the quest is to cancel the quest. I wouldn't think too much into it and a whole new thread about it is just unnecessary drama.
[+]
By billnes 2020-03-18 10:03:52  
Draylo said: »
Bill why are you suggesting that players hack the game!!!

A player named Imilky accidently dropped base mythic weapon. This chanked one of his quests. In his post, Imilky told the forum that a GM said that the quest could not be reset. With Imilky's description of the situation, it seems that running the risk of getting banhammered from using a custom-written Lua script may be the only viable solution. Being that I am not a programmer, I could not write the required Lua code. I suggested to Imilky that he go over to the Windower forums and ask if a Packet Injection-using Lua script could be custom written for him. If somebody over at the Windower forums has absolute mastery of writing code in Lua, perhaps that very-well written code would minimize the chances of Imilky getting banhammered. If he cannot self-rescue by resetting the quest by talking to an NPC, what other option does he have??
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-18 10:23:11  
billnes said: »
Packet Injection?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-18 10:27:06  
I'm not sure why I was insulted in Imilky's recently-posted thread. In his thread, Imilky stated that he accidently dropped a base mythic weapon. Because of this, he became trapped. He could not complete a quest. In his posting, Imilky told the group that he contacted SE. Imilky said that a GM could not rescue him by resetting the quest.

From the combination of reading the leaked GM manual from 2006 and reading the Dark Star Project Team Forums, (https://forums.dspt.info/index.php) I knew that the GM-only client contains DLL files that the player client lacks. These DLL files are what permit a GM to execute GM-only commands. Two examples of GM-only commands driven by the GM-only client DLLs would be //invul and //ignore. The 2006 leaked manual clearly states that a male GM is always a level 1 hume Paladin with a type 5A face (the bald headed man with the tattoo from the Illuminati on the head) and that a Female GM is always a level 1 hume Paladin with the type 2A (blonde with the hair in a Ponytail) face. The 2006 leaked manual also clearly states that these Hume Paladins cannot start using the GM-Only commands and cannot obtain their distinctive all-red armor until a Senior GM or a Lead GM applies the red GM flag.

Since Imilky is a paying player and not a paid employee of SE, he does not have nor cannot obtain the red GM flag. Even if somebody from the Dark Star Project Team emailed Imilky all the DLL's from the GM-Only client and Imilky knew where to insert them into the the player client, it would do him no good. Having a GM flag (that Imilky cannot obtain) is literally a key. Without that key (the GM flag) the DLL files are dormant and unuseable. They are literally locked.

Since it's obvious that Imilky can't use the SE-blessed tools (the aforementioned GM-Only DLL files) to self-rescue, he may not have any other option but to resort to Packet Injection to self-rescue. I am not a programmer. I can't write any code, regardless of it's Lua or not. Since I don't write any code, I cannot help Imilky directly. Because of this, I suggested he put up a posting on the Windower forums. If Imilky clearly describe his situation, with as much detail as possible, perhaps someone with complete mastery of Lua can write a script that would get Imilky out of his dilemma. Would Imilky be running a risk of getting banhammered for the use of Packet Injection? The answer is: Absolutely. However, if Imilky exhausts every other option with no results, he's not going to have any other choice but to run the risk of using a Lua script that uses Packet Injection. Hopefully, somebody will be nice enough to write that script for him if he needs it.

[+]
By ashcrow 2020-03-18 11:50:39  

omg are you that guy that used to shout about aliens in pandy @ 2006 with an alien conspiracy ls
 Leviathan.Zelllo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Zelllo
By Leviathan.Zelllo 2020-03-18 11:51:09  
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-03-18 12:00:12  
So you are suggesting that he find someone that has CP'd their LUA to 2100JP, and are now a Master LUA, so that he can have a code written to GM hack the game, and give himself a weapon that has been tagged to a quest?

Why not skip all that questing and upgrading, and just have him write the code to give him the R15 version of the same weapon.
By clearlyamule 2020-03-18 12:20:38  
Because your post was bad and you should feel bad too
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-03-18 12:29:38  
this definitely needed its own thread
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-03-18 12:29:56  
Where is the link to the original thread I'm sure the salt is good.

Edit: nvm found it and that was a bit disappointing I expected an actual insult and not just being called an idiot.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-03-18 12:41:49  
fonewear said: »

I contacted a GM he said what the *** are you talking about.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-18 12:49:51  
Packet injection:

Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-03-18 12:52:37  
I am in a Skype conference call with Imilky and about a dozen other elite tier members of the community and we are all having a big laugh at your expense. We are literally reading this post, sentence by sentence in the conference call and bursting over in tears. Imilky said he vows to insult you for the remainder of his online existence lol. Good luck bro
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-18 12:58:28  
How milky is Imilky curious minds want to know !
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-03-18 13:21:37  
fonewear said: »
How milky is Imilky curious minds want to know !

Is he whole, 2%, or skim? White, chocolate, or strawberry?

We need to know!
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-18 13:26:17  
Jesus you guys are ***. OP learn a lesson from this, people will insult you over the internet for any perceived "mistake" they can conjure up in their sad little epeen minds. Ignore them, I see a fresh batch of trolls to ignore here though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-03-18 13:27:51  
I miss the Billnes VS. Vize thread
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-18 13:43:27  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Jesus you guys are ***. OP learn a lesson from this, people will insult you over the internet for any perceived "mistake" they can conjure up in their sad little epeen minds. Ignore them, I see a fresh batch of trolls to ignore here though.

The internet is a dangerous place make sure you bring a plus one mace to defend yourself !
[+]
First Page 2 3